Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin and the power of media - page 5. (Read 1214 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 500
March 22, 2018, 03:21:40 PM
it's all about money. we can not blame the media because of the many oblique issues circulating about cryptocurrency, and we can not appreciate the media because it has spread the phenomenal news about this technology. That's how the media live, create or search trending topics and processed into a discourse, news, or certain articles from which they can take advantage of it.
No media play important role therefore they are responsible for every kind of situation. There influence on the society is too much, they are free and have more right in society than anything else. Therefore they can be consider as responsible if they will do anything wrong. I think that media should play a nutral role in any kind of situation, I think they should play their role to make bitcoin more popular and should also  advertise it in such places where people do not have any knowledge about bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
March 22, 2018, 12:49:39 PM
considering the fact that the media exist to inform, educate, mobilize and enlighten societies
or combined, to be exact manipulate people.

which other vehicles or means could best serve the purpose of setting agender on a phenomenon as important as the rising prominence of crypto currency?
I don't think cryptocurrencies needs a help from any media instances, remember, Bitcoin popular without any branding and marketing. Cryptocurrencies will survive on its own without any media intervene.
Media intervene is occur in many times in crypto platform. Because most of the news channels are supporting and againsting the Cryptocurrency it is one kind of marketing but media is expecting TRP rating so both are benefit in same time. All the cryptocurrencies are survive in some support in back side.
Well, I'd agree media is indirectly helping to spread and acknowledge people about cryptocurrency, as we can see the recent Bitcoin peak is because I believe there are a lot of media intervene but we must respect that Bitcoin has been completely running since 2009 without any marketing and branding.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
March 22, 2018, 09:39:43 AM
The media as the fourth estate of realm, play a very critical role in creating awareness on issues surounding crypto currency and the need to popularize it beyond its current status. In most part of the world individuals and institutions are skeptical about bitcoin and it's acceptance as a legal tender. Hence the need to explore and leverage on the enormous power of media on propagating and putting crypto currency issues on the front Bonner. However, considering the fact that the media exist to inform, educate, mobilize and enlighten societies, which other vehicles or means could best serve the purpose of setting agender on a phenomenon as important as the rising prominence of crypto currency?
media is an effective tool in promoting crypto currency but in the same way it has been used also of some FUD to create some information that has a negative approach in bitcoin but its undeniable that all of those media hype who's objectives is to break the legacy of bitcoin is not successful because crypto holders had a positive outlook regarding bitcoin and it helps a lot to keep in composure to hold their BTC.

Activity: 210
Merit: 10
March 22, 2018, 09:13:23 AM
As we heard that google and any other networking sites, even the media has removed ads coming from Bitcoin. With this, I think Bitcoin is starting to fade and cryptocurrency will just fade. Bitcoin has started to downtrend this year because of these news and all other things happening to Bitcoin even the price drop is becoming a deal because the price really went down and still staying at the deep end. Well, Let's just hope that Bitcoin will rise up after all of these negatives.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
March 22, 2018, 09:08:13 AM
The power of media has a very big effect either it will be negative or positive effect. If media will come out with a negative news this will result to FUD then in effect prices of bitcoin tends to dip and if media has a positive and good news being release in relation to bitcoin, this will also result to increase in the price value. Therefore, media has an effect on it's price fluctuation depending on the status of the news it will broadcast.
Activity: 182
March 22, 2018, 08:53:10 AM
I acknowledge and appreciate the media in spreading the speed of spreading rapidly in today's world. However, the value of bitcoin affected by the media is not small. Any bitcoin related news is sensitive and influences user and investment psychology. Many people have profited from this issue to increase the benefits.
Activity: 364
Merit: 130
March 22, 2018, 08:18:39 AM
it's all about money. we can not blame the media because of the many oblique issues circulating about cryptocurrency, and we can not appreciate the media because it has spread the phenomenal news about this technology. That's how the media live, create or search trending topics and processed into a discourse, news, or certain articles from which they can take advantage of it.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
March 22, 2018, 08:02:58 AM
Media has a big role to form trust and the media is also capable of excessive panic effects. The media can be used to spread fud to suppress the price of Bitcoin.
so far media have done everything they want.

Media is the one to blame or to thank for so big base of the investors in the crypto market. Media is in 80 percent spreading bad news for the common people which even haven't heard about the cryptocurrencies. Till now the 70 percent of the people are aware of the cryptomarket and we can thank the media for that. 30 percent are investors and the number is rising because of the media.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No matter if the news is bad the influence on the common people is drastically high and sooner or later the bad news is analyzed by the ordinary man which can soon seize the opportunity and gain the profit with the smart investment.
I do not deny that, and I recognize the media has an important role in the development of blockchain technology. but the media should also have controls to filter out false and political news such as fud to drop and attack the crypto.
I'm afraid the media is being used by people to make panic.
Activity: 28
March 21, 2018, 07:45:02 PM
Bitcoin might be not legal in some countries, but getting banned worldwide could be a possibility if all governments from all over the world would ban them, but that wouldn't stop cryptocurrencies to keep on growing and gaining more impact and popularity
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
March 21, 2018, 05:49:40 PM
I think all media have a big influence on bitcoin growth, especially for modern media today. like TV, youtube, google which stores a lot of information.

because bitcoin can survive until today not just because of 1 media example coindesk, but all media participate to develop bitcoin.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
March 21, 2018, 04:58:00 PM
much of Bitcoin's interrelationship with the media, from a wide variety of media matters has greatly influenced the development of Bitcoin as an example of any media that Bitcoin is increasingly becoming known to the general public, just as marketing has an impact on users or new members who are already participating.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
March 21, 2018, 04:43:35 PM
if the media are been so restrictive then workshops and seminars will come into play for an effective campaign of cryptocurrency,bill boards and hand bills can also go a long way   
Activity: 462
March 21, 2018, 04:25:43 PM
With lots of decentralized platforms, few of them will probably news site about crypto. The control of the power will be in hands of all people then there will be only few wrong news.
Activity: 378
Merit: 19
Xch4nge.com
March 21, 2018, 04:07:43 PM
But sometimes we are disappointed with information published by the media especially traditional media, they often spread False News (public lies) or often called FUD. Honestly, for me the media will not contribute proportionally they are just media easily enslaved by government or people who have a lot of money.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
March 21, 2018, 02:36:45 PM
Media is one of the medium to promote any thing which is nothing as worth to people and in the same way a good thing as nothing exposed to people, media is a powerful tool to make anything possible and that has to be used cautiously and effectively. Bitcoin has spread to people by media not in a good manner but by creating negative news spread across the world. This has to be changed and media should make people understand about Bitcoin's benefit and usage technology I think.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034
March 21, 2018, 02:31:02 PM
Lately, the price movement of bitcoin is always influenced by the media that bring up the news about crypto good or bad news (FUD) but it can not be denied because media is a powerful tool to influence people's mindset with the title of news that they come up. However, as a user I am actually disappointed with the media that always provide negative news about crypto because it will obviously affect people new to crypto who are vulnerable to influences by whatever news is raised
Activity: 1092
Merit: 257
LuckyB.it is Back!
March 21, 2018, 01:42:49 PM
considering the fact that the media exist to inform, educate, mobilize and enlighten societies
or combined, to be exact manipulate people.

which other vehicles or means could best serve the purpose of setting agender on a phenomenon as important as the rising prominence of crypto currency?
I don't think cryptocurrencies needs a help from any media instances, remember, Bitcoin popular without any branding and marketing. Cryptocurrencies will survive on its own without any media intervene.
Media intervene is occur in many times in crypto platform. Because most of the news channels are supporting and againsting the Cryptocurrency it is one kind of marketing but media is expecting TRP rating so both are benefit in same time. All the cryptocurrencies are survive in some support in back side.
Activity: 742
Merit: 253
March 21, 2018, 01:37:54 PM
all media have an important role to increase the popularity and awareness of the community towards bitcoins and digital assets. perhaps for now many people will start to read about bitcoin. that's the reason why bitcoin enthusiasts are getting bloated. I hope bitcoin continues to advance in the world of crypto digital assets
Activity: 154
Merit: 15
March 21, 2018, 01:28:27 PM
Media has a big role to form trust and the media is also capable of excessive panic effects. The media can be used to spread fud to suppress the price of Bitcoin.
so far media have done everything they want.

Media is the one to blame or to thank for so big base of the investors in the crypto market. Media is in 80 percent spreading bad news for the common people which even haven't heard about the cryptocurrencies. Till now the 70 percent of the people are aware of the cryptomarket and we can thank the media for that. 30 percent are investors and the number is rising because of the media.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No matter if the news is bad the influence on the common people is drastically high and sooner or later the bad news is analyzed by the ordinary man which can soon seize the opportunity and gain the profit with the smart investment.
Activity: 546
March 21, 2018, 01:21:52 PM
The fundamental issue with the approach of mainstream media is that the media outlets tend to explain every price movement of Bitcoin with the same method of evaluating the price trend of stocks.
Pages:
Jump to: