Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Arbitrage Opportunities - Making $$$ - page 2. (Read 3242 times)

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
September 08, 2011, 01:23:52 AM
I've been doing automated arbitrage against Mt.Gox, TradeHill and CampBx since about July 15th with $2000 USD and 200 BTC. I've netted ~$400 profit. Average daily is around $7. The no commission days at Gox were great and the loss of Dwolla @ TradeHill hurt and frankly it's really barely worth my effort thus far.

But there have been days where volatility is high and I hit on a $20 or $50 spread opportunity and it brings a smile to my face. It's also kind of nice in that all of the BTC came from mining and I get to follow bitcoin without too much risk.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
September 08, 2011, 12:11:38 AM
With volatile exchange rates (both in BTC and lately in the other currencies as well) and markets in over two dozen currencies, the are plenty of opportunities for arbitrage.  The order sizes are generally small though so the amount of profit from arbitrage isn't enough, it appears, to attract automated arbitrage trading just yet.

I believe this is the main problem. There isn't an easy, fast way of transferring money between currencies. So if you want to arbitrage for all exchanges in all currencies, you must have a lot of money sitting idle in these exchanges waiting for something to happen. The problem is that when something does happen, you will not earn much because these exchanges have a really low market depth. It's like walking around the park picking up cents.

NMAT, Stephen: Thank you for the valuable input and Great links. This type of info will definitely benefit us.
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
September 07, 2011, 11:51:37 PM
With volatile exchange rates (both in BTC and lately in the other currencies as well) and markets in over two dozen currencies, the are plenty of opportunities for arbitrage.  The order sizes are generally small though so the amount of profit from arbitrage isn't enough, it appears, to attract automated arbitrage trading just yet.

I believe this is the main problem. There isn't an easy, fast way of transferring money between currencies. So if you want to arbitrage for all exchanges in all currencies, you must have a lot of money sitting idle in these exchanges waiting for something to happen. The problem is that when something does happen, you will not earn much because these exchanges have a really low market depth. It's like walking around the park picking up cents.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
September 07, 2011, 11:37:28 PM
What does this have to do with the next leader of the Klingon Empire?

Oh, wait. You said arbitrage, not arbiter. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
September 07, 2011, 11:36:03 PM
This will help the community by increase in trading activity across vaious exchanges.

- http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitcoin_Arbitrage_Opportunities
 - http://www.bitcoinmoney.com/post/7000316379
 - http://www.bitcoinmoney.com/post/7259588518
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
September 07, 2011, 11:27:21 PM
You are only making good money if you arbitrage manually (and even then, I doubt it). Exchanges with APIs (especially TradeHill/MtGox) are pretty close to each other most of the time.

You might want to take a look at this
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
September 07, 2011, 11:25:14 PM
Some Traders are making good money using Bitcoin Arbitrage.

Please share your tips and suggestions so that other people can also benefit from Arbitrage opportunites.

This will help the community by increase in trading activity across vaious exchanges.
Pages:
Jump to: