Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin as a villain? - page 2. (Read 4330 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
vini, vedi, no vici.
August 23, 2014, 09:54:29 AM

Villan or not? I don't know. Few months back, I've had brief passionate discussion with Mr. Subramanian about Bitcoin and bitcoin. He had amazing understanding of both like scholar. I've been contemplating on other side since that meeting.

He seems to have got his facts wrong in this interview. His understanding can be improved.  Smiley

If you're talking about my facts/understanding then frankly I'm struggling to improve when it comes to tech giant like bitcoin. And if you've questioning his understanding/facts then, you might be right Mr. Satoshi.

He was talking about me.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
August 23, 2014, 06:20:10 AM

Villan or not? I don't know. Few months back, I've had brief passionate discussion with Mr. Subramanian about Bitcoin and bitcoin. He had amazing understanding of both like scholar. I've been contemplating on other side since that meeting.

He seems to have got his facts wrong in this interview. His understanding can be improved.  Smiley

If you're talking about my facts/understanding then frankly I'm struggling to improve when it comes to tech giant like bitcoin. And if you've questioning his understanding/facts then, you might be right Mr. Satoshi.

Sarcasm does not suit you, my friend. I will not join issue with you on this one. All you have to do is read the posts in this thread and you will have your answer.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
August 20, 2014, 10:28:28 AM

legendary
August 20, 2014, 10:21:50 AM

Activity: 17
August 19, 2014, 08:17:31 AM
Right now the Bitcoin is about anonymity. It uses a protocol called TOR (The Onion Router) that allows the giver and receiver to remain anonymous, which makes it dangerous. In my book, it's used by the criminal underworld.

And I guess this is the portion which will be picked up when politicians / decision makers start gathering information about bitcoin.  Tongue
Yup, it is dangerous when Half cooked nuts make comments like this, and then the mainstream media picks it up and runs with it.

Activity: 546
Merit: 501
Cypherpunk and full-time CryptoAnarchist
August 02, 2014, 07:23:54 AM
Right now the Bitcoin is about anonymity. It uses a protocol called TOR (The Onion Router) that allows the giver and receiver to remain anonymous, which makes it dangerous. In my book, it's used by the criminal underworld.

And I guess this is the portion which will be picked up when politicians / decision makers start gathering information about bitcoin.  Tongue
Yup, it is dangerous when Half cooked nuts make comments like this, and then the mainstream media picks it up and runs with it.

Activity: 546
Merit: 501
Cypherpunk and full-time CryptoAnarchist
August 02, 2014, 07:07:43 AM

Man, that article was really bad.

'Best-selling author'. I hope he doesn't end up colouring opinions.  Angry

Everybody has right to color opinion like you and me. Wink

August is going to be exciting!

*Staring into Oblivion*
vini, vedi, no vici.
August 02, 2014, 05:29:08 AM

'Best-selling author'. I hope he doesn't end up colouring opinions.  Angry

Everybody has right to color opinion like you and me. Wink

August is going to be exciting!
legendary
August 02, 2014, 05:26:44 AM

'Best-selling author'. I hope he doesn't end up colouring opinions.  Angry
legendary
Activity: 1890
Landscaping Bitcoin for India!
August 02, 2014, 05:17:17 AM
Bitcoin is bad in its current avatar. That’s why it’s the villain of my latest novel

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-08-01/news/52327478_1_satoshi-nakamoto-bitcoin-owners-bitcoin-payments

vini, vedi, no vici.
August 02, 2014, 05:17:06 AM

legendary
August 02, 2014, 05:16:31 AM

And I guess this is the portion which will be picked up when politicians / decision makers start gathering information about bitcoin.  Tongue
fp
Activity: 41
August 02, 2014, 04:53:03 AM

http://www.blogcdn.com/massively.joystiq.com/media/2011/10/facepalm.jpg
legendary
August 02, 2014, 03:40:19 AM
Estimated 5,000 bitcoin owners in India. How many would be in this forum?  Smiley
legendary
August 02, 2014, 03:39:20 AM
Bitcoin is bad in its current avatar. That’s why it’s the villain of my latest novel

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-08-01/news/52327478_1_satoshi-nakamoto-bitcoin-owners-bitcoin-payments
Pages:
Jump to: