Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin as primary currency - page 6. (Read 735 times)

Activity: 750
Merit: 258
August 28, 2021, 05:43:47 AM
Do your country have any kind of p2p exchange where you can directly buy bitcoin from someone else? Moreover, is your country a good place to own bitcoin. In my country, people are arrested for buying and selling bitcoin if they are caught by the authority. I highly recommend you to buy a hardware wallet (strongly recommend Ledger nano S because of being cheap and high mobility) in order to store your bitcoin. Whenever you buy your bitcoin, send them straight away to this wallet.

And remember not to out all of your money in bitcoin. You still need fiat for daily use, right? Not many place in this world accepts bitcoin for food and water lol  Grin
Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
August 28, 2021, 05:39:24 AM
Bitcoin is a Digital currency It's better as a investment purpose not as a salary. You concern with your company you can get your salary in fiat and after that if you save something you can invest on bitcoin and other coin..
Nope, you're wrong, there are people out there that has this set up already, so you're wrong that it's not a good way to pay salary. Plus, it's already and investment if you have your salary as bitcoin already so I don't think that OP is doing something wrong here.
Activity: 35
Merit: 1
August 28, 2021, 05:30:52 AM
I don't think holding 80% of your salary in bitcoin is a good move.
Considering your daily needs and how to go about getting them met.

I think what you should do is get your salary in whatever currency you use and invest a reasonable amount in bitcoin. Start small, risk little.
Bitcoin should not be your primary currency, at least for now.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
August 28, 2021, 05:27:30 AM
If there isn't any sort of bitcoin service that you can use in your country for paying bills, then you're out of luck. You can simply do what most bitcoin-only people do though; sell a bit of bitcoin each month solely for your bills.

Please, what do you advise I do in other to hold at least 80% of my salary in bitcoin?
Use your salary to buy bitcoin after every paycheck, and leave some fiat for your bills. It's that simple.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1270
Play Poker on Telegram
August 28, 2021, 04:58:42 AM
Firstly, you cannot use Bitcoin as your primary or sole currency, it would make it impossible for you to buy most of your daily needs, or you'd have to go through the stress of converting to fiat back and forth. Having said that, receiving your salary in Bitcoin is not really advisable, its a good currency/investment, but it's as well very volatile, and is yet to attain mainstream adoption, thus it's much better you receive your salary in your fiat currency, and then use the percentage you want to buy Bitcoin for investment purpose.
Please, what do you advise I do in other to hold at least 80% of my salary in bitcoin?
Isn't holding 80% of your salary in Bitcoin investing far more than you can afford to lose? Mind you that your investment should be something you can afford to lose.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
August 28, 2021, 04:18:49 AM
Hello bitcoiniars I am working in a private liability company and I want to receive my salary in Bitcoin which is around $1500 monthly my main aim is to use it as an investment now my confusion is how do I service with paying off bills I have a few hours a day to myself which I can use for another side hustles. Please, what do you advise I do in other to hold at least 80% of my salary in bitcoin?
Pages:
Jump to: