Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin as savings, emergency needs possible? - page 29. (Read 2065 times)

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
Hey
Lemme tell you my experience.
I was investing all my savings in Bitcoins so that I could pay up the college fee and guess what ?
I failed to encash at the right moment .. I wanted to hold longer and we all know what happened.
If that wasn't worse..our country decided to put ban on btc to money transactions.
So here I am waiting for the law to change and the time to be right.
Dude.. don't do it it's.. not safe.
Go for.. the quick hold and sell high if you need money fast and just let them stay in the banks.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 352
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Considering bitcoin investment as emergency money doesn't seem a bright idea because this will mean that once you need the money you should sell it a market value and sometimes it could be below your entry point.
The exit strategy is a long time movement because you must wait for the right price to convert your money into fiat so you won't be able to have access to your funds right away.
Emergency money should be in fiat.
I totally agree with you mate. As for savings purposes it would be nice but if save it for emergency purposes it's not that good since Bitcoin is so volatile. To OP, are you willing to sell your Bitcoins when market is red? This actually happened to me because cryptocurrency related job is my only source of income and all the payments will be saved  and be converted if ever there is an emergency but sometimes I got a wrong timing I mean I sold my Bitcoins during dip. Selling coin during loss is not good and just makes me regret but I hqve no choice because I badly need the money. If you really want to save much better find a stable currency like USDT or much better if it is in fiat.
Activity: 280
Merit: 110
Considering bitcoin investment as emergency money doesn't seem a bright idea because this will mean that once you need the money you should sell it a market value and sometimes it could be below your entry point.
The exit strategy is a long time movement because you must wait for the right price to convert your money into fiat so you won't be able to have access to your funds right away.
Emergency money should be in fiat.
Activity: 252
Merit: 2
"I invest and Doing Bounty Campaign"
So far there are many concerns regarding on bitcoin advantage. I have read a lot of it here in our forum. Thus really make sense why should we invest in bitcoin? Well i know that you can add up more when comes to the advantage of investing bitcoin from the other members as well. In fact i get a lot of idea from them from reading and reading from their post. Thus includes bitcoin as a form of savings highlights the best idea on investing bitcoin which could be later use as for emergency needs also. So how it will work? Well i have some extra money from my salary so instead of putting it to my piggy bank i will invest it here in cryptocurrency though  it is not that big yet it could be consider as savings. From time to time as other members done like holding and selling it in the right time will do also. So it will be savings plus profit and that could also be use for emergency needs and easier to get or convert it to money for emergency uses unlike lending money from banks that will cater 2-3days process before you get your money. So this is the best idea i guess. How about you?Could you consider this thoughts?
Pages:
Jump to: