Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin as store of value - page 2. (Read 2271 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
March 12, 2014, 07:30:00 PM
I have thought that btc will eventually be used mainly as a store of value and for large purchases in the future. I think LTC could eventually be used for day to day purchases because of the faster confirmation times, and larger quantity available. I could be way wrong though.

maybe an inflationary cryptocurrency with a lot of units would be ideal "transaction money"?
I really dont know...
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
March 12, 2014, 07:15:35 PM
I have thought that btc will eventually be used mainly as a store of value and for large purchases in the future. I think LTC could eventually be used for day to day purchases because of the faster confirmation times, and larger quantity available. I could be way wrong though.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
March 12, 2014, 07:08:06 PM
I was thinking about adoption of bitcoin, the number of companies accepting bitcoin etc...

But imagine just for a second Bitcoin will never be used as money.
I guess it is still perfect for using it as "store of value". We do not really need people using bitcoin. As long as they buy and HODL Bitcoin, we will see increasing exchange rates.

When government prints until every tree on earth is gone, we will see Bitcoin go up with the same rate.

Maybe people prefer using fiat for the "inflationary nature" (i do NOT agree on this, but lets assume this). Fiat will be used, but only for transactions. Bitcoin will be used as store of value.

Your thoughts?
Pages:
Jump to: