Pages:
Author

Topic: BITCOIN ATM MACHINES - page 3. (Read 8044 times)

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
May 01, 2017, 02:26:08 AM
In our country we do not have BTC Atm machine and certainly it will not come because it's not mangef by any institutions here and without any government authority you cannot place such things and it's not even controlled by government this coins . So no question of such machines to be placed.

Its not a matter of legality really, Think of Bitcoin Machines as a sort of Money Changers the only different thing is that it is Automated and the Currency you are converting is a Virtual Currency. As long as there is an exchange of goods it can be considered legal and if there are no other laws being violated you are safe. Also right now almost all of our convenience store have this Multi-Function Machines that includes Buy and Sell of Bitcoin in which we can see they are also taking advantage of the exchange rate of the cryptocurrency.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316
May 01, 2017, 02:10:31 AM
In our country we do not have BTC Atm machine and certainly it will not come because it's not mangef by any institutions here and without any government authority you cannot place such things and it's not even controlled by government this coins . So no question of such machines to be placed.
Activity: 714
Merit: 252
May 01, 2017, 02:03:58 AM
Wow that would be really cool. But im wondering who will operate those giant chains of ATM. If atm is to be placed then someome has to work after its maintenance, daily checks of servers, and also big question who will keep hard cash in the Atm? That cash has to come from somewhere which should be regulated. Its bit tricky though. But the idea is amazing, earning online and getting big bucks cashed out immediately. :-)
Activity: 854
Merit: 252
May 01, 2017, 01:51:50 AM
a bitcoin atm machine would be cool.   plug in your USB stick that contains your wallet.dat, and withdrawal the amount of Cash you need.   
It is very cool to have an Bitcoin ATM machine in every places of the world. How I imagine if that happen it will surely a very convenient for us to withdraw our bitcoin balance and will dispense according to our currency. Cheesy
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
April 25, 2017, 01:29:29 PM
Even though that seems to be a wonderful idea, I think the implementation will be very poor and it can lead to the hacking of people's wallet.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
April 25, 2017, 12:56:39 PM
If talking about bitcoin ATM machine I think it should have its wallet.
Activity: 910
Merit: 550
April 25, 2017, 11:45:12 AM
I hate this if this will happen anyway. no one wants atm machine. bitcoin is been created because it is encrypted and safe at all. and bitcoin also created because we hate fiat money. no one wants paper money and atm machines in bitcoin you could also buy many things and it will be a fast transaction only.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
April 25, 2017, 12:39:23 AM
I've tried one BTC ATM nearly a month ago. In EU.
And I was disappointed. Too slow, too big fees. BTC ATMs need to go a long run until they get even close convenient as Fiat ones.

I don't know how is outside EU, but here, in almost every country you have companies selling/buying BTC with margin of 2%-3% and almost instant payments.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 253
April 24, 2017, 09:00:33 PM
Bitcoin ATM?? this is prone to the hacker, why they can use ATM if they have an option to deposit amount thru bank. I suggest instead of ATM maybe bitcoin channel to the convenient store like in 7/eleven were the most applicable to buy bitcoin.

Sometimes we need a lot of variants in marketing and promotional strategies, in this case bitcoin atm is a good variation although its use has not been sought by many users, because hackers must have been the first service provider's obligation to consider security. Before the installation phase. It's true that marketing will be very easy to develop if bitcoin services are applied to franchise stores, but in many countries still stumble regulatory issues because they fall under the category of public facilities.
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
April 24, 2017, 07:58:54 PM
Bitcoin ATM?? this is prone to the hacker, why they can use ATM if they have an option to deposit amount thru bank. I suggest instead of ATM maybe bitcoin channel to the convenient store like in 7/eleven were the most applicable to buy bitcoin.
Activity: 532
April 24, 2017, 06:36:51 PM
To be honest, i never was encouraged about any kind of bitcoin ATM machines. I jusg always thought that it is easier for me to buy bitcoins directly by using the bank fiat transfer.
I just simply can do wire deposit on some good cryptocurrency exchange, where I may get good rate while buying the crypto I exactly need.

If you want to use BTC ATM then you need to accept the fact that you will need to pay at least 5-6% on every transaction.
That is why I stay away from such a machines.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
April 24, 2017, 05:08:24 PM
a bitcoin atm machine would be cool.   plug in your USB stick that contains your wallet.dat, and withdrawal the amount of Cash you need.   

Yeah I'm also wishing that I can find a Bitcoin ATM Machines here in our place. Smiley So that it will be convenient for me to withdraw the money from BTC wallet. Smiley

I think having a bitcoin ATM machine was a very convenient for the bitcoin enthusiast. As fas as I now we had BItcoin ATM here but too far to my place it takes 2 hours almost before I reach the place and for what the good thing about that was your bitcoin balance can be translated to our currency.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000
April 12, 2017, 08:12:55 AM
i think it is a very good concept and it attract a lot of customers. from this the concept of transaction became easy. i think atn machine would be smart enough that it can exchange bitcoin into the favourable currency of which user it. and i thin it is very much useful to the customer. He just attach a usb or atm card and just get his amount to the suitable currency......

I think multiple currencies is not possible may be because when an ATM machine is set up in the local area, they need the only fiat corresponding to their country. So in this way bitcoin is beneficial to all members who are using bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010
https://www.bitcoin.com/
April 12, 2017, 07:57:22 AM

Indeed, a bitcoin ATM machine is great idea. It would be convenient if bitcoin would have it's own withdrawal machine. Of course, the machine would include the feature of converting bitcoin to different currencies and maybe the card that will be used would contain the bitcoin address. All of this could happen, if bitcoin will be accepted as a currency and if it will be legalized. If bitcoin will be accepted and legalized, the banks will allow the deposit of bitcoin.

I think i will be reporting your account to your campaign manager as a signature spammer, user like yourself make this place a total mess these days, a blind man could tell you are only here to claim the sig payment.

All you do it quote the OP and write a few useless lines.
Bitcoin ATM's are already in places all around the world and if you had of taken 5 minutes to even read just a couple of pages of this thread you would know that.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
April 12, 2017, 02:31:02 AM

Indeed, a bitcoin ATM machine is great idea. It would be convenient if bitcoin would have it's own withdrawal machine. Of course, the machine would include the feature of converting bitcoin to different currencies and maybe the card that will be used would contain the bitcoin address. All of this could happen, if bitcoin will be accepted as a currency and if it will be legalized. If bitcoin will be accepted and legalized, the banks will allow the deposit of bitcoin.

I just want to try to withdraw just for the experience. Options to choose in what currency you want to exchange your bitcoin is a good concept. It bitcoin is mass adopted, we will see more bitcoin ATM's around the world and if would be very convenient if you travel from one place to another more frequently. Only drawback I can think of is that the fee's are so much high though.
Activity: 448
April 12, 2017, 02:11:59 AM

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010
https://www.bitcoin.com/
April 02, 2017, 06:00:24 AM
BitcoinATM code is now officially an open source effort.

https://github.com/BitcoinATM

See the main post:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.866162

Whop is using this code?

Who are the players in the Bitcoin ATM world today?
The big player are Lamassu, Skyhawks,  Genesis and a few others you will find on this list of the top 6,
https://themerkle.com/top-6-bitcoin-atm-manufacturers/

Robocoin had a big share at one stage but they also had the worst user friendliness, palm prints, ID scans the works to invade your privacy so I am not surprised to not see them on the above list.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
April 02, 2017, 05:35:25 AM
It won't be ideal because we can actually withdraw them via normal Atm Machines. How? By converting Bitcoin to Fiat via Bank Deposit. And also I don't think it is feasible because no banks will even attempt to accept Bitcoin and then convert it directly to cash as of now. Right now wallet providers are the ones doing the conversion to your bank.

I think it is really great having these ATM machines, it is really a efficient way to buy a bitcoin especially when you need it quickly. Many users are using bitcoin so eventually, banks will try to develop and accept bitcoin, these digital currency because many people are using it. And we can't just always rely on the wallet providers, we can also make these way to get bitcoins.

Banks accepting bitcoin is not a matter of eventually, There are many things about bitcoin that will hinder banks from accepting it like the concept of bitcoin, It contradicts banks . Maybe if 70-80% of the peoples population uses it, They might but it will take a long time .

There are a few numbers of ATM machine in the whole world and unfortunately, due to its high fees its not popular and what OP is talking about plugging your usb is not recommended due to security issues . Bitcoin is not even accepted in most stores especially physical stores so I don't see a reason on why most people need to buy it quickly . They can just use their fiat .
This spring, Japan promised to make bitcoin legal tender. If that happens it could change the situation with bitcoin around the world. Though of course it is too early to talk about widespread bitcoins.
Activity: 406
Wolf
April 02, 2017, 05:28:02 AM
It won't be ideal because we can actually withdraw them via normal Atm Machines. How? By converting Bitcoin to Fiat via Bank Deposit. And also I don't think it is feasible because no banks will even attempt to accept Bitcoin and then convert it directly to cash as of now. Right now wallet providers are the ones doing the conversion to your bank.

I think it is really great having these ATM machines, it is really a efficient way to buy a bitcoin especially when you need it quickly. Many users are using bitcoin so eventually, banks will try to develop and accept bitcoin, these digital currency because many people are using it. And we can't just always rely on the wallet providers, we can also make these way to get bitcoins.

Banks accepting bitcoin is not a matter of eventually, There are many things about bitcoin that will hinder banks from accepting it like the concept of bitcoin, It contradicts banks . Maybe if 70-80% of the peoples population uses it, They might but it will take a long time .

There are a few numbers of ATM machine in the whole world and unfortunately, due to its high fees its not popular and what OP is talking about plugging your usb is not recommended due to security issues . Bitcoin is not even accepted in most stores especially physical stores so I don't see a reason on why most people need to buy it quickly . They can just use their fiat .
Activity: 546
Merit: 257
April 01, 2017, 08:35:44 PM

Pages:
Jump to: