Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin ATM malware - page 3. (Read 530 times)

Activity: 2086
Merit: 193
February 23, 2019, 07:34:00 AM
Did anybody hear of bitcoin atm malware programs being sold on the dark net Huh
they said you can cash out $6000 btc a day with a credit card they provide..

do you guys think its real/scam?
where can i buy this malware? (jk  Tongue)

https://www.ccn.com/malware-targeting-bitcoin-atms-goes-on-sale-for-us25000
Why its on a dark net first of all?
You have to doubt on this one and don’t trust easily, don’t also try to participate or else you will loose yourself in jail. This is just like a card hacking/skimming, its illegal and it should be reported. Hope, it cannot affect bitcoin atm machine in the future.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 23, 2019, 07:21:16 AM
I watched a documentary on youtube made by vice and I think this is related to it.

The guy gets money everyday through withdrawals and he uses his friends for it but I can't say if these are actual real since coverage can be on hype for the sake of views.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
February 23, 2019, 07:20:05 AM
Thats true because regular atms can also be like that  . that is not called a malware but that is called a skimming  . criminal or skimmers put a gadget under the entrance of card and they can stole the card owners info such as pin codes , credit card numbers , etc ...

These gadget will not work in a newer version of atm . recently old atm's have been pulled out due to this issue . but it can be working for btc powered atm since they are still kinda new .
Merit: 756
Bobby Fischer was right
February 23, 2019, 07:15:06 AM
Whether or not they are out there, it's best not to get involved with those type. Even if it's easy money or promising to give you a high return, don't get in quickly. DYOR and be sure what you are going to and risking. Nothing will ever come out right with a scam.
That's for sure, it's nothing more than an ordinary theft. I bet there are easier and cheaper ways for becoming a criminal.
But let's think logically for a moment, why would any one be selling a method that can bring millions and risk for it to be discovered and patched up? Doesn't make any sense, such skim would be kept a secret for as long as possible, in order to bring hassle free profits.
Fact that it's being sold somewhere, means its probably already patched off the atm's or it never worked in the first place, what is in fact the most probable scenario. Desperate search for ways to rob people, will end up with the seeker being scammed... 
Activity: 1358
Merit: 509
February 23, 2019, 06:58:00 AM
You have to think, if they can cash out 6k a day in btc why would they sell it to anyone ?

Isn't it more profitble for them to keep taking that 6k a day that would be 180k a month ? Almost anything that is in darkweb for selling is nowadays scam anyway...
Maybe they look for partners. Because if he has the power to do so, why should not he distract attention? It is easy to do, and you are wanted by the police because of what you did, and with selling tactic you can make money and also direct the cops.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106
February 23, 2019, 06:53:51 AM
very very old news and it has been around forever
https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-atms-targeted-by-malware-for-sale-in-underground-markets/
for example ^^
if regular ATM have been targeted since ages, why bitcoin ATM can be any different ?
the thing is that there are reports of the said malware offered for sale
for 25.000$ , but no reports of mass ATM security breaches , so as much as it is easy to buy and use this malware it is not profitable to do so

copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1279
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
February 23, 2019, 05:53:26 AM
Whether or not they are out there, it's best not to get involved with those type. Even if it's easy money or promising to give you a high return, don't get in quickly. DYOR and be sure what you are going to and risking. Nothing will ever come out right with a scam.
legendary
Merit: 1163
Where is my ring of blades...
February 23, 2019, 05:46:46 AM

every single time when you see someone is "selling" something that can hack money for you easily then you have to be 100% sure  than it is a fake because of a simple reason: if it was that easy then they wouldn't be selling it to you to create competition for themselves and make their "method" or "tool" known so it could be patched. no, if it were real they would have kept it private and used it themselves instead without letting anybody know.
Activity: 214
Merit: 11
Cryptocurrency is the FUTURE!
February 23, 2019, 05:33:43 AM
Did anybody hear of bitcoin atm malware programs being sold on the dark net Huh
they said you can cash out $6000 btc a day with a credit card they provide..

where can i buy this malware? (jk  Tongue)

https://www.ccn.com/malware-targeting-bitcoin-atms-goes-on-sale-for-us25000
Pages:
Jump to: