Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Ban Means India Will Get More Corrupt Under Modi — Tim Draper - page 2. (Read 430 times)

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713
Nothing lasts forever
What I think is, if the Indian government bans bitcoin then the people will find an alternative method to use bitcoin which might corrupt India further.
So in a way, what Tim said might actually become true and yes it is possible that alternative methods will be found to continue using bitcoin in India if at all it is banned.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
Tell Modi that Bitcoin came out of a Cow. He will accept it. Or give lecture in some temple that Cow milk contains hashes of Blockchain data. People will drink that up like tea..
Sad thing.. our India may be free our mindset are not..

You deserve way more merit for this hilarious post.
Sadly I have none to give you. All I can give you is my agreement with your viewpoint. And welcome back to the forum.
Activity: 2100
Merit: 618
Tell Modi that Bitcoin came out of a Cow. He will accept it. Or give lecture in some temple that Cow milk contains hashes of Blockchain data. People will drink that up like tea..
Or maybe tell them that how Bitcoin's original logo is not colored orange, it's "Bhagva Rang" which means Bitcoin too signifies Hindutva.  Grin Grin This game is really funny.

It's a recent article from CoinTelegraph! So without going to the details, I will just quote the exact statement of Tim. He said,

I thought it was a good move; he is getting rid of corruption and trying to create a corruption-free state, but by blocking Bitcoin, he is creating more corruption and I think that is very dangerous for the country,

Reference: https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-ban-means-india-will-get-more-corrupt-under-modi-tim-draper

Do you think on a similar line? Or is it other way around for you?
On the serious note, I don't think what Tim said is anywhere true and justified. He just made a statement and didn't even gave a reason behind it. Bitcoin atleast at this stage is anonymous which means we might be able to track the addresses from which the funds are moving but tracking the owner of these addresses is not possible. So how can ban on Bitcoin increase corruption?? I think all ban on bitcoin would do is reduce it's usage for normal people like us. Tech freaks, big businessmen, politicians & criminal would still continue to use cryptocurrencies to hide their deeds.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

Lol! That's true mate! We are actually going back in time with this current government of India! They are more bothered about Ram Mandir than to bring the economy back on track! Recently a BJP leader said in a public meeting that, Cow milk contains gold! That became a new internet sensation now! Stupid leaders!
Activity: 1302
Merit: 532
I could not stop laughing looking at this comment  Cheesy. The BJP government does love the cow very much but the difference is that they will not allow the people in India to eat but they will not have any problem exporting all those meat .

I do not know whether India will become more corrupt if they ban bitcoin, there are levels of corruption and it is at the highest level for decades and if the government bans it then people will still trade and they cannot do anything about it.
Activity: 90
Merit: 13
Activity: 172
Merit: 22
A corrupt system will never accept an incorruptible ledger.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
It's a recent article from CoinTelegraph! So without going to the details, I will just quote the exact statement of Tim. He said,

I thought it was a good move; he is getting rid of corruption and trying to create a corruption-free state, but by blocking Bitcoin, he is creating more corruption and I think that is very dangerous for the country,

Reference: https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-ban-means-india-will-get-more-corrupt-under-modi-tim-draper

Do you think on a similar line? Or is it other way around for you?
Pages:
Jump to: