Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Billboard! - page 5. (Read 13486 times)

Activity: 531
Merit: 505
May 11, 2011, 01:33:57 PM
That billboard with HUGE coin is more impressive. Will drive attention, IMHO.

Please, post here a photo of the billboard, when installed.
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
May 11, 2011, 01:24:08 PM
Here is a version made by me:

very nice
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
May 11, 2011, 01:19:58 PM
I would like to hear the bitcoin community's thoughts on ways to improve the effectiveness of this ad.

The carrot-orange-reddish color of text looks weird. It's not the color of the coin, neither any of the predominant colors of your website/logo.
I would advise you to stick to the exact colors of your logo (gray, light orange). Here is a version made by me:

Very good!
I am in favor of this design.
legendary
Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014
May 11, 2011, 12:56:34 PM
I would like to hear the bitcoin community's thoughts on ways to improve the effectiveness of this ad.

The carrot-orange-reddish color of text looks weird. It's not the color of the coin, neither any of the predominant colors of your website/logo.
I would advise you to stick to the exact colors of your logo (gray, light orange). Here is a version made by me:

Very good!
Activity: 222
May 11, 2011, 12:55:23 PM

Activity: 131
May 11, 2011, 12:51:35 PM
Too much neutral space around "we accept bitcoin."

And I agree that the colors could be better.

And also you could knock the "www" off the url, plus remove some of those tech names, or break them up into two lines.  That's a busy block of text.  To hard to read at 85 mph.

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
May 11, 2011, 12:12:51 PM
This is a wonderful thing for you to do.  However, I recommend that you use 75% of the sign area to advertise your business and 25% to tout Bitcoin (put the "We accept Bitcoin" part at the bottom).  This will still be plenty of promotion for Bitcoin.  Definitely keep the Bitcoin logo.
I disagree.  I think people will be more curious about bitcoin than anything, so they'll check it out online.  Then, when they're traveling by the sign a second time (the vast majority of traffic that sees said sign will probably be past it several times, at a minimum), they'll make note of the company that is selling items with bitcoins.

If 75% of the advertisement was the typical boring "shop here, blah blah blah" ad, I don't think nearly as many people would take note of it.

Just my completely unprofessional and possibly biased opinion.  Smiley

I'd also change the color scheme to black/yellow or black/gold.  Black/orange is just kind of... unattractive, IMO.
legendary
May 11, 2011, 12:12:00 PM
Don't forget to take pics of the billboard and to post it here!
legendary
May 11, 2011, 12:10:20 PM
I like how bitcoin is large.  People who see the sign will definitely notice the sign and your business.  Basically you are taking the viral and social nature of bitcoin and this will rub off on your company.  Since you are the first to do this it will have a really good effect, imo.

Black and yellow is a really good color combination since it makes the bitcoin stand out.  Maybe change the orange to yellow and it might also match better with the coin.

Since you live in Silicon Valley I would write, "We accept BitCoin" and near the bottom in small letters "P2P Cryptocurrency" or "Decentralized Cryptocurrency"

Thanks for doing this!!!
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003
May 11, 2011, 12:03:24 PM
I would use a graphic similar to this:

http://www.howtovanish.com/images/Bitcoin.jpg

BITBOY has made wonderfull vector graphic files available that could be blown up (with Adobe Illustrator) to large size with no loss in quality.

This gives bitcoin a little more consistent branding and looks really good.

Activity: 154
May 11, 2011, 11:51:22 AM
Fantastic!

(the sign is a bit halloweeny!  Cheesy)
Activity: 726
Merit: 500
May 11, 2011, 11:49:47 AM
This is a wonderful thing for you to do.  However, I recommend that you use 75% of the sign area to advertise your business and 25% to tout Bitcoin (put the "We accept Bitcoin" part at the bottom).  This will still be plenty of promotion for Bitcoin.  Definitely keep the Bitcoin logo.
vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155
May 11, 2011, 11:44:53 AM
We are updating our billboard on the side of a VERY busy expressway in Silicon Valley California.  (Lawrence Expressway just south of Central Expressway)
The billboard will be seen by tens of thousands of people per day.

We are considering the following layout:

Please give me any thoughts, ideas, design changes you may have.

Thank you!

Roger Ver
Memory Dealers.com, Inc.
3350 Scott Blvd.
Building #32
Santa Clara, CA 95054
USA

Phone:+1 408 486 5650
Fax: +1 408 486 5653
Email: [email protected]
Aim: rogerkver
MSN: [email protected]

For all yor networking needs visit:
http://www.memorydealers.com

********************* Sept 2017 Update *********************
We are now offering a $1,000 bounty for the world's first Bitcoin Cash Billboard.
Details here: https://forum.bitcoin.com/topic149.html#p100058
Pages:
Jump to: