Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Block Party || Group Run A - page 2. (Read 599 times)

Activity: 82
Merit: 3
December 23, 2021, 05:36:25 PM

Update:
Offer to minimize the risk for all. We can mine on my wallet then you do not trust a new user with 6.x BTC in case of a block find.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean.  Are you saying to send coins to you?  Or are you saying once we fill up you'll send me an address to set up on NH to use on solo pool?  If the second one, I am fine with that because then if we find a block you can send coins and no one worries that I'll run away with it all.  If the first one, I am okay with that, too, but that just seems like you would set all of that up yourself.  I can support either one if that makes people more comfortable.

December 23, 2021, 02:54:59 PM
I'm in too and will send my coins when the spots fill up

0.005 BTC from my side

Thanks.  You are on the list.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 2663
Escrow Service
December 23, 2021, 02:49:24 PM
I'm in too and will send my coins when the spots fill up

0.005 BTC from my side

Update:
Offer to minimize the risk for all. We can mine on my wallet then you do not trust a new user with 6.x BTC in case of a block find.
December 23, 2021, 02:46:37 PM
Hey, as there are a few more, I'll be happy to join. I wish you a Merry Christmas.

Great, you are on the list.

Merry Christmas to you, as well.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1566
December 23, 2021, 02:38:15 PM
Hey, as there are a few more, I'll be happy to join. I wish you a Merry Christmas.
December 23, 2021, 11:45:45 AM
Yes, I do rent from NiceHash.  There are other rental services out there; however, I've had success with NH, and others I know who run Block Parties prefer NH.  Since I'm starting new, I'll stick with that for now.  If in the future there is evidence to change, of course, I'll be open to that.
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
December 23, 2021, 11:36:20 AM
Hello, that is something novel (at least to me). Is it all rented from NiceHash? I heard that their luck is somewhat lower than it should be
December 23, 2021, 11:23:31 AM
There is growing interest in "Block Parties" (small groups of miners banding together to rent a higher hashrate).  I try to participate in Willi's Block Party whenever possible.  I believe that as a result of this growing interest, some people are interested in going after larger, riskier rewards.  I'm looking to start a Block Party to supplement the existing Block Parties when it seems relevant to do so.  

I messaged Willi before posting this, and I want to make it clear that this isn't sponsored by Willi.  He is not opposed to others starting Block Party runs, though.  I do not intend to try to take users away from Willi's Block Parties.  If interest drops off, meaning Parties are not filling up as quickly, I'll suspend mine as long as his are running regularly.  Again, I try to participate in his Block Parties when possible.  I'm just looking to offer another route when demand is high.

I have run with Willi about 10 times, I believe, and was part of a Party that found Block 712217.  I'm a new name, so I'll tell you a little bit about myself.  I am a Computer Science teacher and Instructional Technologist on the east coast of the U.S.  I have been mining Bitcoin as a hobby for over 5 years, nothing big - just hobby size stuff, unless I rent some PH from NiceHash.

To the details!

Each Block Party will run with between 15 - 20 users.  You are free to contribute as much BTC as you like, but please contribute a minimum of 0.005₿.  Once we arrive at a total, your contribution constitutes your share, and should we find a block your percentage will match.  Here is an example:  If you donate 0.005₿ and the total BTC is 0.15BTC, your share is 3.3%.  If a block is found with some small transaction bonus on top (say 6.37BTC), your return would be 0.21BTC (currently $10,213).

DO NOT SEND COINS UNTIL YOU SEE YOUR NAME IN THE TABLE BELOW!
Group Run Wallet Address: 3PQCYkLyWk4kzJCudrvyMRFwTcuyy7FtvN

Please note, the percentage will change dynamically as members are added.

Block Party Members:
No.username Amount paid % Tx Return Addy
1canceled 1 open 1 none own addy
2canceled 0 open 0 xxx xxx
3canceled 0 open 0 xxx xxx
4canceled 0 open 0 xxx xxx
5canceled 0 open 0 xxx xxx
6canceled 0 open 0 xxx xxx
7canceled 0 open 0 xxx xxx
8canceled 0 open 0 xxx xxx
9canceled 0 open 0 xxx xxx
10 0 open 0 xxx xxx
11 0 open 0 xxx xxx
12 0 open 0 xxx xxx
13 0 open 0 xxx xxx
14 0 open 0 xxx xxx
15 0 open 0 xxx xxx
16 0 open 0 xxx xxx
17 0 open 0 xxx xxx
18 0 open 0 xxx xxx
19 0 open 0 xxx xxx
20 0 open 0 xxx xxx
TOTALS9 1 0 1 ... ...

If you are interested in participating, first let me know.  Once your name appears in the table, reply again with the following information:

Code:
Group Wallet: 3PQCYkLyWk4kzJCudrvyMRFwTcuyy7FtvN
Your Wallet: BTC address ONLY
Your stake: (minimum 0.005₿)
Your Tx:

For now, we will start renting 20PH and see what happens.  That was the rented PH for the Block my Party hit.  If we need to change in the future, we will do so.
Please understand that there is risk involved with this endeavor.  We may not hit a block, but if we do, what a holiday!!

UPDATE:
Since this is an early run, and I am a fairly new user, Willi has volunteered to provide a mining address.  The Group Run Wallet Address above will not change, but if we hit a block, the reward will go to Willi's address.  This way an established user can oversee that portion.  Just a reminder, though, this is a risky endeavor, and we may not hit a block.  Thanks, Willi.
Pages:
Jump to: