Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Bubble and the fact you simply can't sell your BTC for large amount?! - page 2. (Read 472 times)

Activity: 136
Merit: 100
I understand the AML/KYC process and compliance rules are not helping.

But having mining operation I personally have nothing to hide, so I am 100% transparent with all party (I sent all requested documents or signed all necessary form). I'm not trying to be "creative" to hide anything, I operate a legit business in my country.

Today I don't find any "skip the line" process for Institution, Corporation or Individual Investors dealing with large amount...
Ultimately, the result is since two weeks my application is on the desk of more than 6 large company waiting to be reviewed.

It's beautiful to see the BTC price going up, but what's the point if you can't exit when you want, or as quick as you should. And we're not talking of few hours, I'm talking of two weeks wasted so far, and absolutely no hope to see the situation improve anytime soon because basically all customer support are swamped and not answering (beside their auto-responder).

Time is still playing for me so far since in these two weeks price go from 10k to 18k (and now 15k), but that's just insane...

I'm the only one feeling that there is something really wrong going on?
Activity: 630
Merit: 263
In all markets there are restrictions on the withdrawals. This is done in your interest. If hackers gained access to your account you will not be able to steal all the money. As for account verification it is a problem all services. I also have a problem with that. You have a big amount so I think that you pending verification of tax authorities.
Seriously ?! No answer for 24 Hours....
I live in The Bahamas and don't hold an European or US Passport.
I have accumulated around 20 BTC from Mining Activity (ETH) coupled with trading my ETH Mining Output to AltCoin and BTC.

Basically I'm extremely happy with my performance, and since the BTC hit the 10,000 USD I decided it's time for me to exit (to USD)
But the "BIG" problem is I'm simply not able to sell my BTC quickly, and feeling safe.

So far I was only able to withdraw 10,000 USD on the 200,000 USD using Shady solution like OKPAY, AdvCash, ePay.
But that's only 5% of what I want to withdraw... and I really don't trust this platform for large amount.

Clearly, I never realised after playing around that it would be so hard to actually get rid of my BTC for USD Sad

All the big name like: Gemini, Kraken, GDAX, BitStamp, Bitfinex either don't work with my Country and/or have extremely long verification process.

Kraken: the "Get Verified" button is not working for me since 15 days
Gemini: US Only
GDAX/CoinBase: Bahamas Not Supported
BitStamp: verification pending since 10 days
Bitfinex:  verification pending since 10 days

The only good news for me is while I'm struggling to get USD against my BTC, my 200,000 USD are now worth 300,000 USD....
But what's the point if you just can't exit when you want.... and believe me I'm trying hard...

Yes I could try LocalBitCoin, but every transaction is a potential risk, and there is no counter party to trade with me in The Bahamas
Yes I could do micro transaction on BitcoinTalk, but again every transaction is a potential risk, and it would literarily take me forever
No, I don't want to accept your PayPal money and deal with fraud risk + 25% Fee either Smiley

I'm (or was) a strong Crypto believer, but this problem is seriously questioning my believe...

Is BTC raising since everybody want to buy from people who actually can't sell?
Is BTC exchange to USD in the hundred K range is limited to a handful of privileged trader?

Seriously what I'm missing here? And is there anybody else in the same situation who find a decent solution that I could be comfortable with?
Pages:
Jump to: