Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Camming Site - page 5. (Read 26530 times)

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
June 22, 2012, 12:10:08 PM
It should work on a iPhone too as it's an air app (only flash player is not supported on iOS). I am only certain I allowed camera and microphone on Android though. I tested on both emulators and it seems to work, but it's not weird if it doesn't Wink

What kind of behavior do you experience?

Air isn't support on Iphone there isn't even an app to make it possible, not even on a jailbreak iphone, what your thinking of there is a way of converting AIR to a native iphone app but that is a adobe tool.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
June 22, 2012, 03:23:43 AM
It should work on a iPhone too as it's an air app (only flash player is not supported on iOS). I am only certain I allowed camera and microphone on Android though. I tested on both emulators and it seems to work, but it's not weird if it doesn't Wink

What kind of behavior do you experience?
legendary
June 21, 2012, 10:30:36 PM
I quickly wrapped up a Mobile version of the site to broadcast (I disabled viewing because it looked like crap lol, I need to redo the scaling but will be quite easy). I got a request for this on the site and when I checked it out I tried to quickly get something working.

Please be aware this is very very alpha as porting involved disabling quite some stuff I don't have time to redo now. Enjoy and please report your experience http://cam4btc.com/Main.air
Doesn't work on an iPhone.

it is flash and an air app so yea it will not work on the iphone js
Jan
legendary
Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002
June 21, 2012, 09:12:51 PM
I quickly wrapped up a Mobile version of the site to broadcast (I disabled viewing because it looked like crap lol, I need to redo the scaling but will be quite easy). I got a request for this on the site and when I checked it out I tried to quickly get something working.

Please be aware this is very very alpha as porting involved disabling quite some stuff I don't have time to redo now. Enjoy and please report your experience http://cam4btc.com/Main.air
Doesn't work on an iPhone.
legendary
June 21, 2012, 07:09:01 PM

legendary
June 13, 2012, 12:34:11 PM
Lol I remember back when Twitter was just starting I thought it would never catch on because it is basically the same as RSS (to me). Boy was I wrong  Cheesy

Anyway, if i have time I'll look into it but you can also follow a twitter feed anonymously (just don't follow the account). All this will probably only be useful after I automate the process anyway but that is non-trivial to do because the server side I have available is not that sophisticated (Just LUA script) and encoding my credentials in the client is a security risk.

Finally there is a planned broadcast in 5 hours by 'AsiaB' (I could not find any more info on Reddit). Go check it out! (while I am sound asleep)

I mean we can sub to an RSS feed of twitter which is located at https://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/user_timeline.rss?screen_name=cam4btc but it be nice for a dedicated rss feed from the site so we can get it get the times right and stuff like that.

Didn't know that functionality. Can you explain to me why that is insufficient?

think about all the functionality you can do with rss feeds, any announcements can be sent thru them. Also using GET variables you can string urls like cam4btc.com/rss?alert=5m&timezone=+8 would give me an alert 5 mins before the next schedule event also all times would be in your timezone or

cam4btc.com/rss?mutenonscheduled=1 so all events on the site that are not scheduled can be muted and so many features could be create I know I could list about 100 more uses.

plus you can link directly to the channels, also maybe you can add a feature where no matter what the room's name, you can link to a channel thru a broadcasters name that would nice to have
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1015
Strength in numbers
June 17, 2012, 07:13:58 AM
I think the rss feed is alot more important than that, plus if you implement freemoney's feature, do it so only the broadcaster can see it. Cause one thing I hate on the site is when you donate and people just keep asking you to donate. It is annoying and somes I don't even donate cause of the freeloaders keep begging. Especially if your the only one donating.

It is totally optional on the part of the sender to say into chat "+1.1" before sending the 1.1.

I got that part but sometimes I want to tell the broadcaster and not the whole room, and this could be a way to solve that

Oh sorry, I get it. I thought you just didn't want people to know. That makes sense, maybe "++1.1" for broadcaster only or something.
legendary
June 16, 2012, 10:01:47 PM
I think the rss feed is alot more important than that, plus if you implement freemoney's feature, do it so only the broadcaster can see it. Cause one thing I hate on the site is when you donate and people just keep asking you to donate. It is annoying and somes I don't even donate cause of the freeloaders keep begging. Especially if your the only one donating.

It is totally optional on the part of the sender to say into chat "+1.1" before sending the 1.1.

I got that part but sometimes I want to tell the broadcaster and not the whole room, and this could be a way to solve that
legendary
June 13, 2012, 12:48:09 AM
it is over now Sad she will be back on at 10pm CST
legendary
Strength in numbers
June 16, 2012, 07:33:42 PM

legendary
June 16, 2012, 05:07:52 PM
legendary
June 12, 2012, 06:28:28 PM
Lol I remember back when Twitter was just starting I thought it would never catch on because it is basically the same as RSS (to me). Boy was I wrong  Cheesy

Anyway, if i have time I'll look into it but you can also follow a twitter feed anonymously (just don't follow the account). All this will probably only be useful after I automate the process anyway but that is non-trivial to do because the server side I have available is not that sophisticated (Just LUA script) and encoding my credentials in the client is a security risk.

Finally there is a planned broadcast in 5 hours by 'AsiaB' (I could not find any more info on Reddit). Go check it out! (while I am sound asleep)

I mean we can sub to an RSS feed of twitter which is located at https://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/user_timeline.rss?screen_name=cam4btc but it be nice for a dedicated rss feed from the site so we can get it get the times right and stuff like that.
legendary
June 16, 2012, 04:46:42 PM
I like that last idea a lot and will definitely implement it.

I must admit though it might take a while as I am really busy in these two weeks total I am back home before I leave for a 3+ weeks vacation. I thought I would have some time to work on the site but the amount of work I have on my plate atm is larger than I anticipated. So, sorry guys, I hope the current functionality will suffice for now  Undecided
legendary
Strength in numbers
June 16, 2012, 01:02:58 AM
Here's a thought.

Make it so that if you type something like "+1.1" (make that invisible I think) and then in the next minute or so a donation of 1.1 comes in it says "SoandSo donates 1.1BTC"
legendary
June 12, 2012, 09:55:07 AM
It would be nice to have email notifications when a show is happening Smiley

not going to happen prior to verified accounts. else the leaked emails will soon all be receiving newsletters.

RSS feed maybe?

That works too.

RSS feed be great!
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
June 15, 2012, 10:29:07 PM
live show right now
Jan
legendary
Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002
June 13, 2012, 09:35:25 PM
Just give me a URL that gives me the current schedule, so I can check it out on my phone.
legendary
June 13, 2012, 12:16:37 PM

Didn't know that functionality. Can you explain to me why that is insufficient?
legendary
Strength in numbers
June 12, 2012, 11:20:07 PM
Show on now. Good quality video, usually it skips a ton for me.
legendary
June 12, 2012, 06:10:12 PM

Pages:
Jump to: