Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin can be useful for a troubled economy - page 9. (Read 33128 times)

Activity: 263
Merit: 100
For some third world countries, Bitcoin is an ordinary medium of circulation, you can buy it from me on the street. This is because the local Fiat overtakes some cryptocurrencies in terms of the level of volatility. There is not enough cash in the dollars, and Bitcoin is the only thing that remains afloat.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
Goldman Sachs: Bitcoin can be useful for a troubled economy

Analysts at Goldman Sachs Zack Pandle and Charles Himmelberg said that digital currencies and, in particular, Bitcoin, can become a viable means of payment in countries where traditional money is not sufficiently provided.

Probably true to some but not to majority. Bitcoin itself is not cheap, though it has went down dramatically since it hit its peak price but, still not so affordable to those who are in a difficult situation financially.
Okay , I think you know almost everywhere there is a way to buy a single flat instead of full building. On the same way, you can buy a part of bitcoin. Bitcoincoin can be divided by 100000000. So you can take any part of bitcoin. You may invest on bitcoin only 1$ too.
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
yes, it is very good for countries with economic conditions that are not stable or often have hyperinflation. the way it works is that bitcoin or other crypto stands alone is not tied to the bank, so it determines its own exchange value, so it can minimize the occurrence of excessive inflation.
this has been done by the Venezuelan state, where due to severe inflation, so that their currencies become worthless, the government uses bitcoin as a substitute for their destroyed fiat money, it is hoped that after BTC prices rise, their economic welfare will increase
Activity: 686
Merit: 104
yes, it is very good for countries with economic conditions that are not stable or often have hyperinflation. the way it works is that bitcoin or other crypto stands alone is not tied to the bank, so it determines its own exchange value, so it can minimize the occurrence of excessive inflation.
Activity: 728
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
YES, in troubled economy of an environment or country, how to survive becomes the struggle of the people and if bitcoin is available they are definite to survive, even in my country we have been battling with economy recession but we have always been able to survive the hurdles with this great opportunity.
yes i see this as a solutions for country such as venezuella. Maduro trying to using crypto currency to fight the hyperinflation in their country, i do think they could success but many country are nit ready to do transactions using cryptocurrency which become obstacle for venezuella to do transactions with others country.
Activity: 980
Merit: 250

Analysts at Goldman Sachs Zack Pandle and Charles Himmelberg said that digital currencies and, in particular, Bitcoin, can become a viable means of payment in countries where traditional money is not sufficiently provided.

Probably true to some but not to majority. Bitcoin itself is not cheap, though it has went down dramatically since it hit its peak price but, still not so affordable to those who are in a difficult situation financially.
it is not cheap in our fiat currency per 1 bitcoin, but we can buy it according to our capabilities. so that you don't have to buy in full per bitcoin. I think for those who use BTC at this time, of course they will be able to have prosperity later
if we want to buy bitcoin , use money that we able to accept if our investment getting loss.it is not easy to start investing in cryptocurrency.we have to prepare our self with some skill and also prepare our mental if some day market moved not suitable with our hope.and dont forget, we coud start investing with any amount.
Activity: 826

it is not cheap in our fiat currency per 1 bitcoin, but we can buy it according to our capabilities. so that you don't have to buy in full per bitcoin. I think for those who use BTC at this time, of course they will be able to have prosperity later
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
It can be useful for a troubled economy or not I do not know but it can be useful for decentralisation which can reduce a lot of corruption from a country if they can use it properly.
Activity: 392
Merit: 113

Activity: 1008
I agree. I also believe that cryptocurrencies can improve the economy and bring it to a new level. Some economic processes can be simplified thanks to cryptocurrencies.
yes it can because bitcoin can be sold at high prices and can help our economic needs.
Since it had Co me to the market since then there are so many countries made economical progress and it made high economical earning for people. There are millions of people who are earning only with help of investing their money to bitcoin other wise they were suffering unemployment but now they are able to earn and live good economical life.
Activity: 585
Merit: 251
I don't think it is appropriate to say that ,ya digital currency can improve economy and with the help of blockchain we can improve decentralization of data which will further decrease corruption in the country and that is what the root cause is.for inter countries exchange crypto can play a profitable role but not entirely you can depend on crypto to improve economy.
Activity: 700
Merit: 252
That's right because with the presence of bitcoin, many people who were initially struggling with the economy after joining or adopting bitcoin have become better economies, because the profits from bitcoin trading are so great that many people are successful and rich in bitcoin
Activity: 1246
Merit: 252
I agree. I also believe that cryptocurrencies can improve the economy and bring it to a new level. Some economic processes can be simplified thanks to cryptocurrencies.
yes it can because bitcoin can be sold at high prices and can help our economic needs.
Activity: 518

Just partly. I do not think that Bitcoin can be an economy saver. The governments should make some changes to improve the situation in their countries.
Activity: 378
Merit: 1
Activity: 58
Merit: 2
It can give troubled economy a push necessary to help it cope with the current problems, but eventually the government will have to revert to using fiat - it is more suitable, as it is easier to control.
Activity: 70
Merit: 12

According to the report of Goldman Sachs, Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies can be a good alternative to the national currency for countries with an unstable economy.

Goldman Sachs experts: crypto-currencies can help the troubled economy

I agree with the premise and the conclusions
copper member
Activity: 70
Merit: 2
I see it as a poisoned chalice. Bitcoin and other alt coins are so open to manipulation at the moment. If (e.g.) North Korea switched to BTC, they would be at risk of political attacks from devaluations. Amongst mainly passive and peaceful countries I don't see a problem.
Activity: 826
Merit: 265
Pretty true. Zimbabwe is a very good case study and for those who really knew about this country's economy, they would know how shitty it has been for a very long time which made their currency to end up being scrapped and with the government policies and all that has limited the people from being able to make international transactions, bitcoin has really been the best option for the citizens and it has been of huge help for a lot of them. Goldman sach is very right!
You shoukd have mentioned Venezuela first before Zimbabwe but both are pretty good example on how cryptocurrency can help a economy of specially dying countries like the first I mentioned
But lets not forget that this can also be used as materials from the richer people to take advantage of the situation,so we better be aware of those greed person that only wants to gain but not to help
Activity: 700
BBOD Trading Platform
for people who have been fortunate to get more profits and income indeed this statement is very true, but for those who actually get a loss from crypto currencies certainly strongly disagree with what you say
Pages:
Jump to: