Pages:
Author

Topic: bitcoin cannot replace currency in the world because price is not stable - page 7. (Read 13345 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 10
I completely agree. Maybe someday it will happen, but definitely not in the near future. Now this is an instrument and it's too early to talk about anything else.
Activity: 481
Merit: 100
Sad but true. Bitcoin couldn't be a currency and is stuck to being an asset for investment mainly because its value changes almost instantaneously. The high volatility of bitcoin doesn't only hurt bitcoin's chance to becoming a currency, it also hurts the investors especially when there is a huge decrease in the value of bitcoin.
Activity: 210
For now yes, unfortunately, the high volatility rate of bitcoin hinders it from its purpose of being a digital currency. however, it found its home to the investment world. and I think bitcoin could stay as it is for a decade or less. but by then people should start coming up of ways to be able to banish bitcoin's high volatility rate.
Activity: 141
I strongly agree with the title of the topic that bitcoin will not replace the currency of a country, because the currency of a country has its own pride for the country because as a sign that the country has its own currency, besides the bitcoin whose price is unstable also can not replace the eyes house allowance. Unfortunately the legalization factor also affects bitcoin, as in my country that is still not legalkan so it will not be possible bitcoin will replace the currency as a tool to transact in the purchase of goods or services
Activity: 224
Merit: 103
0x864E3764278C5EB211bF463034e703affEa15e4F
You have to wonder why the price is so volatile. Banks and firms are majorly playing with bitcoin too. That is part of young stage of this currency. As updates are made and mass adoption will be easy with apps, the stability will come.
Activity: 266
bitcoin cannot replace currency in the world because price is not stable.

currency should be more stable.

you may reply me. currency is not stable also but you should think  

USD currency price is up and down 1-2% in 1 month.

bitcoin price is up and down 20% in 1 month.

what will people think if they just change USD to bitcoin then their money down 10% in 10 minutes?

bitcoin can become stock but cannot become currency
Bitcoin is not suitable for currency because of the high fluctuation, bitcoin is only suitable for a person who wants peer to peer payments, decentralized. Nowadays bitcoin is best suited to be a long-term digital asset, and currently can not replace the world currency because of the very unstable price level.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
if bitcoin replace than we see next bitcoin in shape of Eth bro i think best time to investment in Eth  Cheesy
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
I agree that Bitcoin cannot replace the world's currencies because it is decentralized. Currencies are controlled by government which is why Bitcoin is not here to replace our world's currency, I think they can just co exist and let the people decide on which one to use.
Activity: 59
bitcoin cannot replace currency in the world because price is not stable.

currency should be more stable.

you may reply me. currency is not stable also but you should think  

USD currency price is up and down 1-2% in 1 month.

bitcoin price is up and down 20% in 1 month.

what will people think if they just change USD to bitcoin then their money down 10% in 10 minutes?

bitcoin can become stock but cannot become currency

To be a worldwide currency, Bitcoin needs time. Its on a growth path but not accepted as legal tender so far in many countries. First it need acceptance all over then only one can think about replacing USD.
Activity: 350
Merit: 14
The truth is that Bitcoin is fickle, it falls, it increases, so it can not be the official currency. Once there is a certain amount of bitcoin then it is possible to officially implement

I totally agree with your point. The instability of the bitcoin will not make itself as an official currency of a country. Bitcoin can really get a high value but on the otherside it can also hit a lower value.
Activity: 98
The truth is that Bitcoin is fickle, it falls, it increases, so it can not be the official currency. Once there is a certain amount of bitcoin then it is possible to officially implement
Activity: 132
I agree with this. Bitcoin cannot replace existing currency at this time. I think the reason is uncontrolled not about stability. All currencies are also changing price everyday but the government can control the change and this can not be done in bitcoin.
Activity: 938
Merit: 137
In principle, yes, one should agree with this. Bitcoin can not become a universally recognized currency of the world if it maintains the same level of volatility. This, in fact, is one of its main obstacles to its recognition by states and its free circulation around the world. Now the states are wary of bitcoin because of its high volatility and the ability to inflate it as a financial bubble.
Activity: 182
The author of this topic is not right. The price of bitcoin will stabilize when it reaches the limits of its value. This should happen only after 2-3 years, not earlier.
Activity: 24
This is a self evident statement which most of bitcoin-believers cannot really understand. There are days when the prices are swinging 30% - this is NOT the symptom of a successful currency. I see no solution to this problem.
Activity: 31
Now that is totally wrong. Price stability is not the obstacle for replacing fiats.
Someone made a system with fiats long time ago and we all think now that this is the one possible model.
Again that's wrong.
Should cars always use gasoline? Why not electricity?
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Bitcoin is not yet a globally accepted currency because some governments are afraid of it but it's decentralised. It's secure and cannot be stolen so its value is very high and in future it will be something very very strong
Activity: 224
Merit: 4
Bitcoin cannot replace currency for sure.Bank's which regulate economy are for sure gonna stay here.Plus the deregulation on Bitcoin won't allow it to replace flat currency
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
I think in time bitcoin will stabilize and it could replace the currency in the world. A stable bitcoin will replace also gold
Activity: 623
Merit: 251
Bitcoin is extremely unstable. To the extent that you have no way of being able to buy the same thing with the same amount of bitcoin day to day. That is why bitcoin is not yet a form of currency. It is still a form of asset and will be for quite some time to come.
Pages:
Jump to: