Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin-Central.net "We have been compromised" - page 5. (Read 9309 times)

Activity: 188
Merit: 102
How come we never hear about Ameritrade getting hacked or one of the big online stockbrokers?  Maybe these fledgling bitcoin "exchanges" need to consult with how those guys do it, because this is getting ridiculous.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
From their recent tweets, one might conclude that their host is at fault Tongue

https://twitter.com/bitcoin_central/status/327131323342942209
https://twitter.com/bitcoin_central/status/327133723936051200

Proper communication on this one so far, though. Informative downtime message Smiley
But yeah, it's a pity they're the ones with a breach again

So it was OVH they say. Slush is turning into a sort of early warning system, he got hit first in that Bitcoinica hack too.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
For fuck's sake.

They knew they were going to be a target.  Their customers knew that if they couldn't secure one service operated by Paymium then it was unwise to believe that their other services were safe.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
BTC-e compromised too...

when & what about BTC-e?   they seem the only reliable player
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
This is starting to get really annoying - second time they are compromised, BTC24 f@cked up, Bitfloor terminated, MtGox DDoSed, bitcoin.de with issues, BTC-e compromised too...

BIPS and WalletBit are still doing just fine Cool WalletBit is the only service of its type still running since June 2011 and BIPS is its successor (free Bitcoin processing).
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I am the one who knocks
Activity: 453
One does not simply panic buy when Bitcoin Central has one's fiat Tongue

Ouch, sorry. At least it's safe; the French government is very well capitalised...Oh wait.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
This is starting to get really annoying - second time they are compromised, BTC24 f@cked up, Bitfloor terminated, MtGox DDoSed, bitcoin.de with issues, BTC-e compromised too...

And still we rally.  As was said on TV today, only now is when the ~good~ entrepreneurs start to get into the space. Remember:

Keep Calm   
          and
     Panic Buy

One does not simply panic buy when Bitcoin Central has one's fiat Tongue
Activity: 453

And still we rally.  As was said on TV today, only now is when the ~good~ entrepreneurs start to get into the space. Remember:

Keep Calm   
          and
     Panic Buy
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
at least they are honest.. and communicating about it fast...  

true
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
From their recent tweets, one might conclude that their host is at fault Tongue

https://twitter.com/bitcoin_central/status/327131323342942209
https://twitter.com/bitcoin_central/status/327133723936051200

Proper communication on this one so far, though. Informative downtime message Smiley
But yeah, it's a pity they're the ones with a breach again
Activity: 411
at least they are honest.. and communicating about it fast...  

donator
oh for fucks sake!

just about the only place I have some fiat left ;|

At least your fiat should be safe-ish, I had some btc over there :/

sounds like they'll puke up the lost BTC
Activity: 353
oh for fucks sake!

At least your fiat should be safe-ish, I had some btc over there :/
donator
oh for fucks sake!

Activity: 353
Shit, this really takes the fun of it - how hard can it be?
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
What the?! Again?!
That's what I thought. Good thing I got 4/5th of my coins out of there for exactly this reason.

Last time I also asked them about our Euros there, which are said to be insured by the French government up to €100k. Their reply was basically that "fraudulent euro transactions involve banks and will be noticed before any harm can be done". Sounds credible... not.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
What the?! Again?!
Pages:
Jump to: