Pages:
Author

Topic: == Bitcoin challenge transaction: ~1000 BTC total bounty to solvers! ==UPDATED== - page 42. (Read 47899 times)

Activity: 582
Merit: 502
How is it that more complex keys are discovered but simpler one like 64 have not? i would have thought the ones after 64 would be significantly more difficult/nearly impossible. Is there any reason why this is the case?

Every five txs the public key is exposed. Maybe someone find it with other approach.

There is no "approach". The whole point of creating original transaction is to prove it, and it has been proven solid for 6 years since then.

The "approach" that was mentioned is in the different program used. People have used the "Kangaroo" program to find the keys with known public keys; versus brute force approach for the smaller ranges, i.e. 64 bit range.

The thing is that you can't use the Kangaroo "approach" to the small ranges because their public address are not known.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 219
Shooters Shoot...
How is it that more complex keys are discovered but simpler one like 64 have not? i would have thought the ones after 64 would be significantly more difficult/nearly impossible. Is there any reason why this is the case?

Every five txs the public key is exposed. Maybe someone find it with other approach.

There is no "approach". The whole point of creating original transaction is to prove it, and it has been proven solid for 6 years since then.

The "approach" that was mentioned is in the different program used. People have used the "Kangaroo" program to find the keys with known public keys; versus brute force approach for the smaller ranges, i.e. 64 bit range.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076
^ Will code for Bitcoins

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

copper member
Activity: 19
Merit: 2
Activity: 706
Merit: 111
Created a new thread for the Baby Step Giant Step pertaining to this Bitcoin challenge transaction, specifically #120 (120 bit key).

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/baby-step-giant-step-combined-efforts-to-find-12-bitcoin-5304368

Any one with a CPU can help/try to solve.

About to download and check it out now.
Shooters Shoot...
Mr zielar You recently rejoined the distributed effort ( ttdclient ) to crack #64, can you please share what hardware are you using ? These speeds are impressive I guess there must be multiple gpus ?

I've been there for quite a long time, but the number of orders and the use of resources did not allow for active participation.
Now it has stabilized a bit, as well as of my free time.
At the moment exactly 500x Tesla V100 is generating almost 700BK/s at http://ttdsales.com/64bit

What is the current total tested range (in % from the total 64bit range width)?
Total Ranges Checked: 12,939,613 of 134,217,728
Shooters Shoot...
Created a new thread for the Baby Step Giant Step pertaining to this Bitcoin challenge transaction, specifically #120 (120 bit key).

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/baby-step-giant-step-combined-efforts-to-find-12-bitcoin-5304368

Any one with a CPU can help/try to solve.

Activity: 431
Merit: 105
wow started with 250 teslas now 500, amazing farm, are they all at one location,
so it might be solved today?
did you just started with those 500 on 64th puzzle address today?
or you already found 120 > went back to help us 64.? maybe
700BK/S woow
what does one card do, any pictures. thanks a lot btw.

i'm still doing 1 card a time.  Cool
Activity: 443
Merit: 350
Mr zielar You recently rejoined the distributed effort ( ttdclient ) to crack #64, can you please share what hardware are you using ? These speeds are impressive I guess there must be multiple gpus ?

I've been there for quite a long time, but the number of orders and the use of resources did not allow for active participation.
At the moment exactly 500x Tesla V100 is generating almost 700BK/s at http://ttdsales.com/64bit

What is the current total tested range (in % from the total 64bit range width)?
Activity: 277
Merit: 106

Activity: 1
Activity: 706
Merit: 111
Wow.  It's been more than a year since I last ran BitCrack.  And #64 is still unsolved?

Yep still unsolved
Activity: 17
Merit: 1
Wow.  It's been more than a year since I last ran BitCrack.  And #64 is still unsolved?
Activity: 637
Merit: 131
Hi,
I am very interested in these, but everyone's discussion is too professional, most of which I can't understand. I don't understand the code.
I want to join, so I see that when "http://bitchain.pl/100btc/pollard_kangaroo.txt", I downloaded a python, copy and paste this code. The bad thing is that I don't know what to modify.
Can anyone help? When I want to try #120, how should I modify it. Or there is a better code to share.
                                                                                                              Thank you

It all starts in this thread here
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-puzzle-transaction-32-btc-prize-to-who-solves-it-1306983

and the latest one here
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/archive-bitcoin-challenge-discusion-5166284

read up and good luck
Activity: 742
Merit: 1738
It is also possible to create another puzzle, where even the puzzle creator don't know private keys for the challenge. For example something like this:
Code:
OP_DUP 027fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff OP_LESSTHAN OP_VERIFY OP_CHECKSIG
OP_DUP 023fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff OP_LESSTHAN OP_VERIFY OP_CHECKSIG
OP_DUP 021fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff OP_LESSTHAN OP_VERIFY OP_CHECKSIG
OP_DUP 020fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff OP_LESSTHAN OP_VERIFY OP_CHECKSIG
OP_DUP 0207ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff OP_LESSTHAN OP_VERIFY OP_CHECKSIG
OP_DUP 0203ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff OP_LESSTHAN OP_VERIFY OP_CHECKSIG
OP_DUP 0201ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff OP_LESSTHAN OP_VERIFY OP_CHECKSIG
OP_DUP 0200ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff OP_LESSTHAN OP_VERIFY OP_CHECKSIG
OP_DUP 02007fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff OP_LESSTHAN OP_VERIFY OP_CHECKSIG
OP_DUP 02003fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff OP_LESSTHAN OP_VERIFY OP_CHECKSIG
OP_DUP 02001fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff OP_LESSTHAN OP_VERIFY OP_CHECKSIG
OP_DUP 02000fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff OP_LESSTHAN OP_VERIFY OP_CHECKSIG
Unfortunately, such scripts could be spent only by miners.
Activity: 2
Hi,
I am very interested in these, but everyone's discussion is too professional, most of which I can't understand. I don't understand the code.
I want to join, so I see that when "http://bitchain.pl/100btc/pollard_kangaroo.txt", I downloaded a python, copy and paste this code. The bad thing is that I don't know what to modify.
Can anyone help? When I want to try #120, how should I modify it. Or there is a better code to share.
                                                                                                              Thank you
Activity: 242
Merit: 17
And finaly the #115 was found. Congratulations Zielar and Jean_Luc_Pons  Smiley We are all wondering which was the privkey  Wink

Many thanks!
A valid private key that is solution #115 has already been placed in the main post table.

for #115 , you've got the wrong date in the main post Smiley
Activity: 277
Merit: 106
And finaly the #115 was found. Congratulations Zielar and Jean_Luc_Pons  Smiley We are all wondering which was the privkey  Wink

Many thanks!
A valid private key that is solution #115 has already been placed in the main post table.
Activity: 39
Merit: 12
And finaly the #115 was found. Congratulations Zielar and Jean_Luc_Pons  Smiley We are all wondering which was the privkey  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: