Pages:
Author

Topic: BITCOIN CONFIRMATION - page 2. (Read 318 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000
July 15, 2019, 03:34:35 PM
Hello, i would like some gurus to clarify me on this issue of network confirmation. Let us assume that someone sent me btc of 0.009 and the value BTC  as at the time the transaction was done is $10200, and it took over 6 hours for the btc to drop into my wallet because of the confirmation it has to go through, if  at the time the BTC eventually dropped, bitcoin had increased to $12000, would i be receiving the dollar equivalent when it was $10200, or the network will record the current value when it dropped. i.e bitcoin value of 0.009 equivalent to $90 when it was sent, but it got delayed for 6 hours and by the time it dropped, bitcoin was already $12000 making the value now about $130, would i receive $90 or $130?

When someone sends bitcoin to another bitcoin address, the recipient will always get bitcoin, not dollars. An equivalent dollar value is only a reminder of the possibility of fiat money you can get at the current time if you want to sell it. Btw, you won't get dollar when someone send you bitcoin. To convert it into dollar, you have to trade it first.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
July 15, 2019, 01:10:22 PM
NeuroticFish is right. Bitcoin does not care about fiat currency equivalents if it was send through the bitcoin network. Only on exchanges would you find the USD difference from before you sent it and after you send it. 0.009 btc is still 0.009 btc in the bitcoin network while on exchanges, its USD equivalent might fluctuate. Don't think of USD equivalents when sending bitcoin to bitcoin transactions within the bitcoin network, unless of course you're a trader and time is really important to you.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
July 15, 2019, 10:48:14 AM
Bitcoin doesn't know nor care about US dollar. The price in US dollar is something that matters only when you buy or sell.
This means that if somebody sent you 0.009BTC (and has paid, extra the correct fee) you'll receive 0.009BTC no matter how the prices would change.
And if it took 6h in a transaction where price does matter, then the sender was cheap and could have put a bit higher fee; then the transaction would have taken less than 30 minutes.
Activity: 378
Merit: 2
July 15, 2019, 10:44:42 AM
Hello, i would like some gurus to clarify me on this issue of network confirmation. Let us assume that someone sent me btc of 0.009 and the value BTC  as at the time the transaction was done is $10200, and it took over 6 hours for the btc to drop into my wallet because of the confirmation it has to go through, if  at the time the BTC eventually dropped, bitcoin had increased to $12000, would i be receiving the dollar equivalent when it was $10200, or the network will record the current value when it dropped. i.e bitcoin value of 0.009 equivalent to $90 when it was sent, but it got delayed for 6 hours and by the time it dropped, bitcoin was already $12000 making the value now about $130, would i receive $90 or $130?
Pages:
Jump to: