Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Core 0.13.1 Released - page 3. (Read 13150 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
November 09, 2016, 04:28:20 AM
What you just said is simply false and you keep repeating it. I guess this argument leads nowhere.
A clear example of argumentum ad lapidem. You have no valid points to defend an invalid stance, hence the dismissal.
I'm done. Someone else is free to address this.

Update: Now we have false dillema and poisoning the well.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011
November 09, 2016, 04:20:40 AM

What you just said is simply false and you keep repeating it. I guess this argument leads nowhere.
legendary
Terminated.
November 08, 2016, 07:31:10 PM
It's not off-topic. Since 0.13.1 includes foul code for the first time it is just the right place to discuss it.
False. Segwit is the most peer-reviewed and tested change to date. There is nothing foul about it. If you want to discuss foul things, then you may want to take a look at the *ex-convicts* supporting BU.

Network speed cap is the maximum block size that can travel through the network fast enough so that it would not be orphaned. Miners are never going to mine blocks that are so large that they will be orphaned (another miner mining a much smaller block will get to propagate it faster, thus stealing the block reward).
There's nothing preventing a malicious miner from doing this.

There is no way to DOS the network because individual nodes can choose to reject blocks based on their individual preferences. Bitcoin Unlimited allows every node to define their own maximum block size limit.
There's nothing prevent someone from creating a super-majority of nodes and manipulating this metric as well. You could easily end up with a minority of nodes not accepting such blocks.

It is important to respect the vision of Satoshi Nakamoto because they are the author of Bitcoin.
Appeal to authority fallacy.

For that reason they should not act like ones. This is called theft of intellectual property.
This is just wrong on so many levels.
legendary
November 08, 2016, 07:27:09 PM
You are generating nonsense FUD. It does matter what was the original vision of Satoshi Nakamoto.
Why? Because some random alias had supreme knowledge of everything ? Appeal to authority.

There is no such thing as unlimited blocks because network speed will cap the block size anyway. Eventually the combination of free market and network speed will result in the floating maximum block size. Bitcoin will be more decentralized and thus more trustworthy.
"Network speed will cap"? What kind of ludicrous made up thing is this? With no hard limit, any malicious entity should be able to DOS the network.

I am running Bitcoin Unlimited full node and my node is already finding and connecting to other such nodes. You can say what you want but the numbers won't lie. People prefer decentralization and Satoshi's original vision to the corrupt ideas of Bitcoin-core dev team funded by banksters.
What numbers? The minority of nodes and hashrate on BU?

Note: This is all off-topic to this thread. We should stop derailing it. Create a separate thread.

It's not off-topic. Since 0.13.1 includes foul code for the first time it is just the right place to discuss it.

Network speed cap is the maximum block size that can travel through the network fast enough so that it would not be orphaned. Miners are never going to mine blocks that are so large that they will be orphaned (another miner mining a much smaller block will get to propagate it faster, thus stealing the block reward). There is no way to DOS the network because individual nodes can choose to reject blocks based on their individual preferences. Bitcoin Unlimited allows every node to define their own maximum block size limit.

It is important to respect the vision of Satoshi Nakamoto because they are the author of Bitcoin. The Core devs are not authors nor legal owners of the Bitcoin software. For that reason they should not act like ones. This is called theft of intellectual property.
legendary
Terminated.
November 08, 2016, 07:18:27 PM
You are generating nonsense FUD. It does matter what was the original vision of Satoshi Nakamoto.
Why? Because some random alias had supreme knowledge of everything ? Appeal to authority.

There is no such thing as unlimited blocks because network speed will cap the block size anyway. Eventually the combination of free market and network speed will result in the floating maximum block size. Bitcoin will be more decentralized and thus more trustworthy.
"Network speed will cap"? What kind of ludicrous made up thing is this? With no hard limit, any malicious entity should be able to DOS the network.

I am running Bitcoin Unlimited full node and my node is already finding and connecting to other such nodes. You can say what you want but the numbers won't lie. People prefer decentralization and Satoshi's original vision to the corrupt ideas of Bitcoin-core dev team funded by banksters.
What numbers? The minority of nodes and hashrate on BU?

Note: This is all off-topic to this thread. We should stop derailing it. Create a separate thread.
legendary
November 08, 2016, 06:48:54 PM
1. I'm taking my chances, it is very important for Bitcoin to reject SegWit. If it fails we lose BTC, and it will become yet another Ethereum centralized bankstercoin
Nonsense FUD by someone who's either very misinformed or just trolling.

2. Yes I am a bitcoin holder since 2011 and I belive the price will rise more without SegWit.
Doesn't matter even if you were satoshi, this does not give you more credibility.

3. Unlimited blocks is the most decentralized and best free market based attempt for scaling. I support Satoshi's original vision. If you disagree with Satoshi go ahead and create SegWItCoin as an altcoin to Bitcoin.
No. Unlimited blocks are inherently safe. Also stop appealing to authority. Just because Satoshi created it, or had a vision, that does not mean that that is the utmost correct and perfect way to move to.

You are generating nonsense FUD. It does matter what was the original vision of Satoshi Nakamoto. There is no such thing as unlimited blocks because network speed will cap the block size anyway. Eventually the combination of free market and network speed will result in the floating maximum block size. Bitcoin will be more decentralized and thus more trustworthy. I am running Bitcoin Unlimited full node and my node is already finding and connecting to other such nodes. You can say what you want but the numbers won't lie. People prefer decentralization and Satoshi's original vision to the corrupt ideas of Bitcoin-core dev team funded by banksters.
legendary
Terminated.
November 08, 2016, 06:43:16 PM
1. I'm taking my chances, it is very important for Bitcoin to reject SegWit. If it fails we lose BTC, and it will become yet another Ethereum centralized bankstercoin
Nonsense FUD by someone who's either very misinformed or just trolling.

2. Yes I am a bitcoin holder since 2011 and I belive the price will rise more without SegWit.
Doesn't matter even if you were satoshi, this does not give you more credibility.

3. Unlimited blocks is the most decentralized and best free market based attempt for scaling. I support Satoshi's original vision. If you disagree with Satoshi go ahead and create SegWItCoin as an altcoin to Bitcoin.
No. Unlimited blocks are inherently safe. Also stop appealing to authority. Just because Satoshi created it, or had a vision, that does not mean that that is the utmost correct and perfect way to move to.
legendary
November 08, 2016, 06:39:38 PM
As of today I am running Bitcoin Unlimited. Just say no to SegWit.
Here's what made me switch from Core to Bitcoin Unlimited: https://vid.me/kz1s
1. unlimited will not have any chances, be realistic
2. I suppose you are a bitcoin investor and are interested in rising prices. This will happen if SegWit and later LN will be accepted
3. unlimited blocks is the easiest but worst attempt for scaling

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
November 08, 2016, 03:31:07 PM
1. unlimited will not have any chances, be realistic
2. I suppose you are a bitcoin investor and are interested in rising prices. This will happen if SegWit and later LN will be accepted
3. unlimited blocks is the easiest but worst attempt for scaling
Activity: 107
Merit: 11
November 07, 2016, 07:48:50 AM
Just downloaded, installed and it's working beautifully. Thank you for the brilliant work BTCCrew. Quite a few contributors now, very cool to see.

Funny how this thread gets almost no attention compared to some of the others Wink From reading some parts of the board, you'd wonder if Bitcoin even existed anymore. (without a healthy, regularly updated Ignore list, that is)

It's only high quality work being delivered yet again, nothing worth writing about  Wink
staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
November 03, 2016, 10:59:44 PM
I upgraded my client to ver 0.13.1 today but I encountered some problem with my antivirus - Avast.
After an upgrade when I wanted to start my wallet Avast stopped the process did a deep scan and quarantined the bitcoin-qt.exe.
Apparently bitcoin-qt.exe is infected with Dyna:BitCoinMiner-CR[PUP] - but I am pretty sure it is a false positive.
Verify the hashes.

The antivirus flagging bitcoin-qt isn't new, it has happened before with other versions. And they aren't wrong about it containing a bitcoin miner, it does have one, just for testnet and regtest, not mainnet.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
November 03, 2016, 10:52:52 PM
I upgraded my client to ver 0.13.1 today but I encountered some problem with my antivirus - Avast.
After an upgrade when I wanted to start my wallet Avast stopped the process did a deep scan and quarantined the bitcoin-qt.exe.
Apparently bitcoin-qt.exe is infected with Dyna:BitCoinMiner-CR[PUP] - but I am pretty sure it is a false positive.
legendary
November 02, 2016, 07:21:32 PM
staff
Just writing some code
November 02, 2016, 06:43:48 PM
"hide notification when i'm duplicating my screen"? this is already off by default, it's strange because in my other computer i get those windows with an altcoin, so it must be something else, settings are the same on both system

also i was getting the notification with the 0.12 version

this guy was also in the same boat with the previous version https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16084752
It might have something to do with qt, but it's hard to know. I can't reproduce it so I can't really help you. Have you tried it on another machine to see if you see the same behavior there?
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
November 02, 2016, 03:31:30 PM
the issue in the previous version about the windows that let you know about your transaction movements, still isn't fixed apparently, it was missed since 0.13 version
 this
i'm talking about

If you are running Windows 10, popups are disabled by default when you are duplicating the screen to multiple monitors (I have a widescreen TV as well as a computer monitor).  You can turn this off in Settings -> Notifications

"hide notification when i'm duplicating my screen"? this is already off by default, it's strange because in my other computer i get those windows with an altcoin, so it must be something else, settings are the same on both system

also i was getting the notification with the 0.12 version

this guy was also in the same boat with the previous version https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16084752
Activity: 136
Merit: 120
November 02, 2016, 11:04:27 AM
the issue in the previous version about the windows that let you know about your transaction movements, still isn't fixed apparently, it was missed since 0.13 version
 this
i'm talking about

If you are running Windows 10, popups are disabled by default when you are duplicating the screen to multiple monitors (I have a widescreen TV as well as a computer monitor).  You can turn this off in Settings -> Notifications
staff
Just writing some code
November 02, 2016, 08:21:02 AM
 this
i'm talking about

We haven't been able to replicate this issue. I have no problems with it on my install of Bitcoin Core on windows.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
November 02, 2016, 06:46:36 AM
 this
i'm talking about

Activity: 523
Merit: 250
November 02, 2016, 04:02:34 AM
If you are korean

use this page to understand

http://blog.naver.com/monsterbit/220840575705
staff
Just writing some code
November 01, 2016, 10:24:01 PM
This update is not required for my client to receive full SegWit support of bitcoin network when it will be activated in the future?
For now I am using older Core version and want to know if version 0.11 will be still supported and fully compatible.
You will not have full segwit support without this version of Bitcoin Core. You will not be able to take advantage of segwit's features. However, you will not be forked off of the network should you not upgrade and you will be able to spend and receive Bitcoin as you do now.
Pages:
Jump to: