Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Core client extremely slow and unresponsive when synchronizing - page 2. (Read 3254 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116
I'm having the exact same problem. After 3 years of taking a break, I come back trying to sync and it now been 4 days. The program keeps freezing up. Are there any light wallets that use the wallet.dat file?

Multibit classic is still available, but the highest transaction fee is too low and the plonkers aren't fixing it. IDK. People will probably recommend Electrum..
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I'm having the exact same problem. After 3 years of taking a break, I come back trying to sync and it now been 4 days. The program keeps freezing up. Are there any light wallets that use the wallet.dat file?
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Bitcoin Client Software and Version Number: Bitcoin Core Version v0.14.1 (64-Bit)
Operating System: Windows 10 64 Bit
System Hardware Specs: 16GB/RAM, i7-2600K CPU with 3.40GHz, 1.5TB Western Digital WD15EADS-00p8b0
Description of Problem: See below
Any Related Addresses: -
Any Related Transaction IDs: -
Screenshot of the problem: -
Log Files from the Bitcoin Client: See below

Hello!

My Bitcoin Core client became extremely slow and unresponsive when synchronizing. It also hangs for seconds up to minutes when trying to click on something in the GUI. After synchronizing, it is usable. It was not like this in the beginning.

It took several hours to synchronize just the last 3 days. When synchronizing, it is almost impossible to use the client. When I just try to do a right-click (e.g. to copy transaction details) it takes about a minute until the context menu shows up. Also, the title bar shows "not responding".

The weird thing is that when I check the task manager, CPU load is low (<10%), network usage is low (<1MB/s, usually just a few KB/s), RAM usage is low (4GB/16GB), hard drive active time is almost 100% - but read/write is using only low bandwidth (less than 1MB/s). It did not behave like that some months ago. I upgraded to the latest version 0.14.1, but it does not make a difference.

My PC hardware is not that bad. I have 16GB/RAM, i7-2600K CPU with 3.40GHz, Win 10 64 Bit. Harddrive where the Blockchain is stored is a 1.5TB Western Digital WD15EADS-00p8b0 with 250GB free space. Network connection seems also not to be the problem. Litecoin client synchronizes days in just a minute with network usage peaks around 24MBit/s. My network connection is 400MBit/s.

It rather seems to be a different issue.
Is there any issue like this known? Is there anything I can find out from the log files or console?

Only messages which look a little bit suspicious (but I don't know if it is related to the behaviour) are the following, which repeat from time to time:

Code:
-2017-06-07 16:07:10 version handshake timeout from 14
-date='2017-05-23 14:15:53' progress=0.999875 cache=124.1MiB(85788tx) warning='1 of last 100 blocks have unexpected version' <- But I see this kind of messages in Litecoin Client also sometimes

Some help would really be appreciated!
Pages:
Jump to: