Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin core for android? - page 2. (Read 6962 times)

copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1528
No I dont escrow anymore.
October 20, 2015, 02:51:18 PM
Sorry, but whats you data plan?

I dont think this will be a common thing even if its common for smartphones to hold that much memory. For one they seem to litter up the available space pretty quickly and core does not only need big disk size, but also plenty of traffic (~100-250 GiB/month).

Phones also tend to have relativly small RAM. E.g. the comming high end Samsung S7 will probably have 4GB. Under load smartphones draw battery, I guess that core would keep the phone from going into deeper sleep modes in order to verify and relay transactions.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
October 20, 2015, 01:47:03 PM
I'm wondering if there are any plans in the works for releasing an android version of the bitcoin core client. Now that smartphones are shipping with 128GB memory it seams like keeping the whole blockchain on a phone and running core might be workable?? A lot of the phone apps are unreliable; even with lots of great features they're only as reliable as the servers that keep your wallet synced. It's gotten to the point where I have to keep 2 different wallet apps on my android phone in case one of them isn't broadcasting transactions for some reason. Thoughts?
Pages:
Jump to: