Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin could be use as unified currency for all fiat money around the world? - page 2. (Read 278 times)

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368
As we all know that bitcoin now are being made as a trading pairs to different fiat money all over the world. And we you go round the world having a good vacation on different countries you do not need to bring more fiat or physical money instead bringing gadgets and connecting to internet is enough to get fiat money after it will be traded to local exchange. In this way there is no need for one to bring more physical money as bitcoin could unify all fiat money around the world as trading pairs.
I think it's that easy to use a gadget and trade Bitcoin to their local fiat currency in most of the countries because as we all know. There are already regulations that's been approved to stop anti-money laundering. And you have to need to verify your account first to a certain country because not all country uses the same exchanges, if you know what i mean.
Activity: 119
Merit: 1
Bitcoin is now almost used by people around the world, it becoming a new trend of investment or way to get extra income. It helps many people maintaining and earning their life. As you mentioned that it also unify for all virtual currency world wide. Hopefully, there will be an improvement of crypto where we do not need to go to the bank to withdraw our money, or it can be used for payments and other transactions tool.
Activity: 546
Merit: 10
💲 EMIREX EXCHANGE 💲
As we all know that bitcoin now are being made as a trading pairs to different fiat money all over the world. And we you go round the world having a good vacation on different countries you do not need to bring more fiat or physical money instead bringing gadgets and connecting to internet is enough to get fiat money after it will be traded to local exchange. In this way there is no need for one to bring more physical money as bitcoin could unify all fiat money around the world as trading pairs.

maybe it could, but it will take time, the term is like platform migration on a very large scale, you can imagine FIAT with its various pluses and minuses, replaced simultaneously with crypto usage.
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
Bitcoin will not be condisered as unified currency as of the moment because of limited uses outside the cryptocurrency industry. It will be considered as such once banks and many other sectors consider it as a mode of payment for transactions, unless that would happen the position of bitcoin will still stay the same.
Activity: 166
Merit: 1

That right, Bitcoin does't only have huge potential, but it also can unified currency over the world as you mentioned the reason. However, we need a bitcoin Bank in that case, because we can not withdraw our money anywhere. It is not enough just bringing a gadgets or others devices and connecting to internet. We still need an authority where we can withdraw or money when we  go to other countries.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
Back in the days I used to wire money to a wide variety of different countries for business purposes, and the transactions basically looked like this;

My bank €100 + €15 in fees -> Bank X receives €100 + €10 -> Bank Y receives €100 + €5 (converts everyting to USD) ->  Bank Z (destination bank) $130.

It takes several days with how every individual bank has to ask permission to the other bank if it's okay to conduct this transaction. It's faster to fly our money to the receiver.

With Bitcoin you cut all that nonsense out and the other party gets his money near instantly, just takes some minutes to confirm.

We need wallet clients to able to calculate Bitcoin amounts in each and every fiat currency for more usability. Currently mostly all wallet clients are focused on the main fiat currencies, and this has to change. Bitcoin is for everyone and the demand for Bitcoin has never been this country diversified.
Activity: 106
Merit: 6
I believe bitcoin is the best currency for the world, we don't need permission from the banks to send our money and it can be sent with very little fees.  It will be much easier when everyone transacts in one currency instead of having to convert in between their government's currency.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1343
Yes it is already possible and yes it could get quite tiresome as suggested above.
It is not yet at the stage where it can compete with the ease of use of card or cash.

There are limited places to spend bitcoin so it has to be sold for cash or traded to
FIAT and transferred to bank account, thats not instant.

At this stage and for the near future it would be best to have cards and cash with
you for instant spending.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

It's definitely an interesting thought, it's something that I've thought about in the past as well. What if I could just carry a USB stick with my bitcoin wallet instead of cash or even credit cards when travelling around the world?

I think that it's already possible, given that you are willing to convert your BTC to local currency at each of the countries you visit. That's a tiresome process, but it can be done through platforms like Localbitcoins quite easily.

Though, in the future, we may see bitcoin being accepted directly instead of indirectly through having to convert it to fiat first due to the rise in merchant numbers. Even then, however, I wouldn't call it a "unified currency for all fiat currency". It's just an accepted global currency at that point.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: