Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin crashes through $300 floor - page 4. (Read 4131 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010
https://www.bitcoin.com/
January 03, 2015, 10:47:20 PM
The price has hovered around $300 for months now and this really does look like were getting a bit of stability in the price now.
Any lower seems like a good time to buy and any higher is when to sell or hold.

If all the big company's who accept BTC are just dumping there coins as soon as they get them then of course this is going to drive the price down a bit.
What if there was something else these company's could do with the bitcoin they receive that might make them more money by holding the coins, something like the winklevoss EFT could work.
Insted of just selling the coins they receive from customers they may want to re-invest this to increase profits, just have to wait and see i guess.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
January 03, 2015, 10:24:08 PM
Is maybe some of this related to the Bitcoin Bowl?  I read where Bitpay converted all of the bitcoins to $ for the Bowl.  Maybe they are holding too big a stash themselves and are flooding the market.
Activity: 875
Merit: 1003
January 03, 2015, 10:23:39 PM
Wow. The ongoing downtrend is relentless. This is what happens when monopoly mining interests lose their monopoly and real price discovery occurs.

i cant even throw my bitcoins theyre IN MY COMPUTER DAHHHHHHHHHHHH
Q7
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
January 03, 2015, 10:21:22 PM
The issue with the price crash is that it is not caused only by the mining part. There are traders who leverage their position to sell bitcoin in order for fast gain. Technically they can sell with money they don't own. Don't worry, eventually they will need to buy back and hopefully we can see a recovery taking place.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
January 03, 2015, 10:17:28 PM
Could you imagine what could have happened if major e commerce website were to start accepting bitcoin? It would dump through the floor. The price wouldn't even be at 200 let alone 100. They would instantly dump their coins in trade for fiat because they know how unstable the bitcoin price is.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
January 03, 2015, 10:15:52 PM
Wow. The ongoing downtrend is relentless. This is what happens when monopoly mining interests lose their monopoly and real price discovery occurs. Oh well, it must stabilize eventually...
Pages:
Jump to: