Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Credit Bureau - page 2. (Read 2907 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
June 12, 2012, 05:12:16 PM
I think it'd be great - but how would you prevent defaulting?

Prosper.com is USD-based peer-to-peer lending.  You should familiarize yourself with their history, problems, and how they overcame them before attempting a BTC equivalent.  Their biggest problem early on was the default rate exceeding the interest rate paid to the lenders.  They overcame that problem by doing credit checks and better digging into people's financial histories to give a more accurate picture to potential lenders.

In my opinion, you'll have to either do credit checks on the people asking for loans, or do insanely high interest rates to protect against defaults (which would likely only further aid the number of defaults happening).

To me, one of the most prominent aspects of prosper was that lenders only funded part of the loan.  This split the cost of a default across many lenders, and allowed for easier diversification of your funds.  Something like that with Bitcoin would be very interesting to me.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
June 12, 2012, 05:05:59 PM
I think it'd be great - but how would you prevent defaulting?

Prosper.com is USD-based peer-to-peer lending.  You should familiarize yourself with their history, problems, and how they overcame them before attempting a BTC equivalent.  Their biggest problem early on was the default rate exceeding the interest rate paid to the lenders.  They overcame that problem by doing credit checks and better digging into people's financial histories to give a more accurate picture to potential lenders.

In my opinion, you'll have to either do credit checks on the people asking for loans, or do insanely high interest rates to protect against defaults (which would likely only further aid the number of defaults happening).
Activity: 148
Merit: 100
June 11, 2012, 11:16:03 AM

It would be similar, but very streamlined.  This website also is limited for lending.  There are very few ways to record their actual history.  My database would record their total lent or borrowed, debt, number of loans taken and completed, number of late days for their loans, and I was thinking about having people tie their facebook/linkedin accounts as well to their credit.

I would like to create a competitive market for lending in which trust can easily be transferred between users based on extremely in depth historical data.
June 11, 2012, 11:11:35 AM
Great idea!  Like Prosper.com before the man came down on their heads?

Care to explain the circumstances regarding prosper.com?  I am not familiar with this website.

My site would be entirely peer to peer, but the coin would have to travel through my wallet.  Then get forwarded to the lenders wallet to confirm payment.  I already have most of the website set up.  I figure I could get it up and running in a week or two.  I have been working on this for many months now and it is almost ready.  It won't be anything fancy; mostly backend php type stuff.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1010
June 11, 2012, 11:05:23 AM
Great idea!  Like Prosper.com before the man came down on their heads?
June 11, 2012, 11:04:09 AM
Hello,

I have been working on a website in which bitcoin users can lend to each other and have their "credit" recorded on my website.
It is based on making payments that are recorded through block chain transactions and bitcoind.

I think it will be useful for establishing shared trust for lending purposes.

Any thought?
Pages:
Jump to: