Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Crossword - page 2. (Read 635 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 248
May 23, 2022, 07:35:42 AM
I just won. Grin

I'll wait until the transaction confirms before I reveal the answer. Tried various combinations of Satoshi, Bitcoin, January (genesis block) as the seven letter word to no success. Ended up clicking on OP's other site - https://handsomelatino.com - read the little blurb he wrote about himself at the top, which gave me a clue. Specifically this phrase: "savings had effectively become an increasing liability."

Great puzzle, great fun, and thanks for the bitcoin!

Edit: The answer is "Banks are not your friends".

Congratulations! Wow, that was fast, 20 hours since published. It feels bittersweet that the hard work of so many evenings is gone, but as my wife said, better than people had interest than if no one cared and it faded away on the internet.

I'm also curious as to what was the clue or first word that you found out! Impressive work, and well, I'm happy you're probably the first person to ever read my bio!

I guess you will need to create new crossword and make it a bit more harder next time.
Can you confirm o_e_l_e_o won reward, and make change on website?

OP signed a message which you can verify. I've added since that it's been solved by o_e_l_e_o -- but only if you enter the words Wink

I was not planning on releasing any clues, but decided to do so because I think it would have been way too hard and no one would have cared. Unless it's the year 2030 and 1 million sats becomes $50,000 or something crazy; by that time someone would have brute forced it (someone on reddit already tried all 33 million combinations of BIP-39 words yesterday).

Not to worry -- my fifth project and its reward are already on the works. Will need to find a special date in June / July related to Bitcoin or the financial world, so I'm open to suggestions.

Finally, there was a hidden hint on the project's icon (favicon.svg), which I was hoping someone would find.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
May 23, 2022, 07:26:05 AM
Initially I got lazy to program dark mode, but definitely it was needed. It's done  Wink let me know what you think!
This looks much better, my eyes said thank you. Wink
I guess you will need to create new crossword and make it a bit more harder next time.
Can you confirm o_e_l_e_o won reward, and make change on website?

I just won.
Oh that was super quick, and I have no idea how you did it so fast Cheesy
Congrats on winning nice amount of Bitcoin... and maybe you should post some screenshot.

Activity: 1643
Merit: 683
LoyceV on the road. Or couch.
May 23, 2022, 04:49:24 AM
Congrats!
I can now confirm the solution and announcing the winner works on Tor browser too.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18503
May 23, 2022, 04:38:25 AM
I just won. Grin

Here's proof (signed using Electrum):

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
o_e_l_e_o solved the puzzle!
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
bc1qe926cfhzyh438fyvn9snyrcrsfujp6ur3zcrrn
HzgQNIxDWZyDHnzMLB5ImhAeFxaVweRCA0i6EmU5k9NuQ7ENA1YLC1uJh6Y720ZE5JU7A0RuH1dlqI5 d7DrqGrQ=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

I'll wait until the transaction confirms before I reveal the answer. Tried various combinations of Satoshi, Bitcoin, January (genesis block) as the seven letter word to no success. Ended up clicking on OP's other site - https://handsomelatino.com - read the little blurb he wrote about himself at the top, which gave me a clue. Specifically this phrase: "savings had effectively become an increasing liability."

Great puzzle, great fun, and thanks for the bitcoin!

Edit: The answer is "Banks are not your friends".
Activity: 31
Merit: 52
May 23, 2022, 03:38:41 AM
How coin ensures ? are

Search is on.....
May 23, 2022, 01:24:25 AM
Thanks for the hints, that makes me think BAILOUT. Which leads me to ADAPT or ADOPT and something like DUE (DIE isn't friendly enough), but the context for DUE doesn't make sense.
May 22, 2022, 11:02:28 PM
UPDATE #1:

I have added a few clues on the crossword page (refresh to see them) -- will add more if needed!

Also, someone has generously added a small tip on top of the total reward.  Grin

It looks very good and I appreciate your made it with open source code, but some more hints and help would be greatly appreciated.
Should we consider this crossword has anything related with Pizza Day and Laszlo Hanyecz?

I would suggest if you can make website with dark theme switch similar like on your other website btc2fiat.me Wink

Initially I got lazy to program dark mode, but definitely it was needed. It's done  Wink let me know what you think!

Going with the BIP-39 theory, I get:
Too many permutations for confetti!

From the new clues added to the crossword:

No knowledge about the BIP-39 wordlist is needed or was used as a reference for this crossword.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
May 22, 2022, 04:03:38 PM
Took me a few months to finalize and I decided to launch it today, Pizza Day, in honor of the legendary Laszlo Hanyecz who bought large pizzas and enjoyed them with no regrets.
It looks very good and I appreciate your made it with open source code, but some more hints and help would be greatly appreciated.
Should we consider this crossword has anything related with Pizza Day and Laszlo Hanyecz?

I would suggest if you can make website with dark theme switch similar like on your other website btc2fiat.me Wink
May 22, 2022, 12:23:04 PM
Going with the BIP-39 theory, I get:
Code:
fee
ice
one
toe
use
I like fee most Smiley
That brings me to:
Code:
offer
often
I like offer most:
Code:
amateur
another
brother
chapter
cluster
deliver
despair
empower
hamster
lobster
monitor
monster
neither
nuclear
october
outdoor
panther
pioneer
popular
prosper
quarter
regular
scatter
seminar
similar
slender
soldier
sponsor
thunder
toddler
trigger
uncover
warrior
weather
whisper
Too many permutations for confetti!
May 22, 2022, 10:40:04 AM
Any hints?  Wink

First hint

Edit: It's night time here, I'm off to bed. Good luck. More clues to come when I wake up.
staff
Activity: 2436
Merit: 2347
May 22, 2022, 09:37:09 AM
Any hints?  Wink
May 22, 2022, 09:35:22 AM
What language is the crossword puzzle in? English?

English, yes.

Does it show the decrypted solution automatically once the correct words are entered? If so: that's genius!

Yes, automatically, since only the right key would produce a valid message. It even throws confetti at you Grin
May 22, 2022, 09:11:48 AM
If you solve it, the words will decrypt a message which contains a 0.01 BTC or One Million Sats Bounty that you can sweep. Code is open source and the encrypted message is open to the public.
Does it show the decrypted solution automatically once the correct words are entered? If so: that's genius!
Or do you need the cypher from github?

I've never solved a crossword puzzle without clues before. I'm collecting words:
btc
bit
key
sat
fee
are
use
due
ode
awe
sign
hash
txid
pizza
block
chain
spend
after
often
offer
satoshi
andreas
address
confirm
private
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1321
Bitcoin needs you!
May 22, 2022, 08:57:58 AM
Great idea  Smiley
Just had a quick go - no win for me
Good luck all Smiley
staff
Activity: 2436
Merit: 2347
May 22, 2022, 08:52:44 AM
What language is the crossword puzzle in? English?
May 22, 2022, 08:40:19 AM
Hi everyone, my third fourth Bitcoin project this year is a crossword puzzle:

bitcoin-crossword.com

If you solve it, the words will decrypt a message which contains a 0.01 BTC or One Million Sats Bounty that you can sweep. Code is open source and the encrypted message is open to the public.

Took me a few months to finalize and I decided to launch it today, Pizza Day, in honor of the legendary Laszlo Hanyecz who bought large pizzas and enjoyed them with no regrets.

Feel free to discuss potential solutions. I will be releasing a few clues if the puzzle remains unsolved.

Enjoy your pizza!
Pages:
Jump to: