Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Debit Cards Prohibited - page 2. (Read 964 times)

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629
Vires in Numeris
November 19, 2017, 02:20:42 PM
Use Coinpayments.net instead, you could directly convert your cryptocurrencies, debit cards were using payment processors, you think debit cards for crypto were using Bitcoin directly? all of them converted your Bitcoins by using payment processors.
If you ask them for a reason, they'd tell you that any body living outside of EU is a terrorist. full stop lol.
I have checked this coinpayments.net website, but it doesn't provide physical debit card (or I have missed something). The idea is OK what they want, but this doesn't help me if I want to go to the local grocery shop where they accept cash and credit/debit card and nothing else, so this can be a solution in the future but not now. I know that physical bitcoin linked debit card providers uses huge fees (or bad exchange rate), but I can use the card as a normal credit/debit card, even the cashier at the shop won't notice that my card is bitcoin linked or not.
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
November 18, 2017, 09:04:28 PM
Use Coinpayments.net instead, you could directly convert your cryptocurrencies, debit cards were using payment processors, you think debit cards for crypto were using Bitcoin directly? all of them converted your Bitcoins by using payment processors.
If you ask them for a reason, they'd tell you that any body living outside of EU is a terrorist. full stop lol.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
November 18, 2017, 08:41:34 PM
Hi,

Recently, VISA and Mastercard blocked transactions for bitcoin debit cards outside EU, and I really need to find a card that supports it outside Europe.

I've heard about Bitplastic, but it seems to be offline right now.

Any options/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Man I thought you were saying Bitpay and such companies were prohibited from the EU and I was going to say this is terrible news. Still terrible is this news, just not as bad. There are still ways to get Bitcoin in Europe for sure that the governments will not be able to stop.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106
November 18, 2017, 08:26:51 PM
yeah this new rule sucks: https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-debit-cards-non-european-residents-visas-new-rules/
as for the list of bitcoin debit cards
I think this topic might be of interest to you: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/2017-bitcoin-debit-card-reviews-1410577
he doesn't list all of the cards here,but his review is very helpful
also this: https://darknetmarkets.co/category/bitcoin-debit-cards/
the thing is you will have to check every provider if they service non-eu residents yourself,just ask their support
also if the card supports mastercard,there is a high chance they do service non-eu residents
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
November 18, 2017, 06:39:37 PM
If you want to have a good customer service then better to start using the wirex debit card, it is a good one, maybe you will have some issues at the moment that you decide to load your card, but in the end, it is always going to be solved because the support is always on this forum and they have an active ann thread (so they will always be checking the bitcointalk users ticket's as a priority)
Bitwala is a good card too, but it will take more than 20 days to be shipped to your door if you are outside Europe, and it is difficult to get it if you dont buy a premium shipping.

Both of them were prohibited outside EU Countries, unfortunately. But thank you for your response  Wink
Activity: 291
Merit: 105
November 18, 2017, 06:16:41 PM
The future of credit/debit cards of cryptos will come from the cryptos itself. We can't expect VISA and MASTERCARD to fully support bitcoin and other cryptocoins. I am willing to use some card as a payment method to use my bitcoins in all over the world without this bureaucracy called "fees and prohibitions".

This is very bad because there were lots of projects working on crypto debit cards.

Yes but basically it is not in mastercard and visa's vested interest to allow crypto payment to thrive. Very easy to understand.
But it's OK - after all, right now people treat btc as a store of value and an access to the blockchain world.
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
November 18, 2017, 05:46:27 PM
The future of credit/debit cards of cryptos will come from the cryptos itself. We can't expect VISA and MASTERCARD to fully support bitcoin and other cryptocoins. I am willing to use some card as a payment method to use my bitcoins in all over the world without this bureaucracy called "fees and prohibitions".

This is very bad because there were lots of projects working on crypto debit cards. We can count Monaco Card, TenX, Token Card, METAL pay and a lot more of them. They're million dollar valued companies now.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
November 18, 2017, 05:43:24 PM
I can't say I've tried this or that I'm endorsing this. To give people yet another option: converting to usd/paypal & using paypals debit card could be cheaper and more affordable than either crypto debit cards or bitcoin atm's. Both of which seem to utilize massive price mark ups as standard fare.

Services which convert crypto to physical gift cards may be yet another method.
Activity: 602
Merit: 263
November 18, 2017, 05:34:21 PM
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
November 18, 2017, 05:21:22 PM
If you want to have a good customer service then better to start using the wirex debit card, it is a good one, maybe you will have some issues at the moment that you decide to load your card, but in the end, it is always going to be solved because the support is always on this forum and they have an active ann thread (so they will always be checking the bitcointalk users ticket's as a priority)
Bitwala is a good card too, but it will take more than 20 days to be shipped to your door if you are outside Europe, and it is difficult to get it if you dont buy a premium shipping.
November 18, 2017, 05:13:59 PM
Cryptopay.me,  Personal  worldwide good
wagecan.com, Personal  worldwide  Very good
Ico.blockchainoid.com business and whitelabel  all countries ,No usa and afganistan  Untested

Thanks, valuable info.
I'm trying to contact Wagecan right now and figure it out if they were prohibited, too.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
November 18, 2017, 04:05:26 PM
Cryptopay.me,  Personal  worldwide good
wagecan.com, Personal  worldwide  Very good
Ico.blockchainoid.com business and whitelabel  all countries ,No usa and afganistan  Untested
November 18, 2017, 03:56:24 PM
Hi,

Recently, VISA and Mastercard blocked transactions for bitcoin debit cards outside EU, and I really need to find a card that supports it outside Europe.

I've heard about Bitplastic, but it seems to be offline right now.

Any options/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Pages:
Jump to: