Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin + Decentralized Internet = ? - page 2. (Read 4218 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
November 26, 2012, 04:33:25 PM
Bitcoin in it's current state wouldn't be best suited for these kind of microtransactions, however it should be possible to devise a compromise where you pay for packages of resources in larger units of about one megabyte to a gigabyte.

semi OT:
A real decentralized mesh network could also use far more sophisticated techniques. It could provide a "backed" currency in a traditional sense (backed by force instead of resources) and modern sense (resources). A mesh network could function as a GPS system at 50USD per node cost (simple rubidium clock) and provide continuous validation of assets.
Dependent on the effort it could even be made quantum cryptographically secure. (using interference modulated light, all it would need is a laser diode and piezos and ccd sensors)
It is my opinion  that if the system is ever to be challenged in a resilient way it would be with a mesh network as a basis. Mesh networks are the single most dangerous technology from a systems perspective.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
November 26, 2012, 03:58:46 PM
You could also be intrested in https://projectmeshnet.org/.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
November 26, 2012, 02:23:25 PM
Ah yeah I've heard of that before and I am very very interested in the project, Thank you for taking the time to suggest that to me, maybe one day when i have some extra cash to spend I will setup a node for my small town, but for now I will propose on figuring out how to make the incentive to put up a node with Bitcoins

A post in there forum by one of the main devs:

A properly executed freedombox platform could allow folks to seamlessly exchange bitcoins (or other value stores) for bandwidth, or any other service conceivable. A true peer-to-peer economy.

http://thefnf.org/?page_id=683/software/commerce-on-the-mesh/&value=bitcoin&type=1&include=1&search=1&ret=all

You can also donate to the FNF with bitcoins - http://commons.thefnf.org/index.php/Needs
legendary
Activity: 980
I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man
November 26, 2012, 02:11:53 PM
Ah yeah I've heard of that before and I am very very interested in the project, Thank you for taking the time to suggest that to me, maybe one day when i have some extra cash to spend I will setup a node for my small town, but for now I will propose on figuring out how to make the incentive to put up a node with Bitcoins
legendary
Activity: 1372
November 26, 2012, 02:00:39 PM
I think Bitcoin + Decentralized Internet would basically be awesome, i Just can't figure out how that would work off the top of meh head.

My idea is to send a packet of data to my neighbor with the intent of it reaching to the next town over.
The packet would contain some low BTC amount inside it like 0.0005 BTC so my neighbor takes 0.000001 BTC for taking the time, energy, resources to facilitate my needs to get that packet sent to the appropriate destination. This would happen with every node with my destination receiving BTC until no BTC left. I don't know how I would calculate how many btc each node would get or the success of the packet reaching there.

Perhaps every node can send "free" packets for the sake of collecting IP routing table lists and locations and an agreement of the cost of each node, once the list is established the packet can be calculated it's cost and pick the route of least resistance(not too low on BTC node code but not entirely high but more on the low side). Once a line is considered the networking packet will be sent along with the multi-sig BTC transaction, each node checks the transaction from the Blockchain and verifies it before sending off the traffic(Assuming its computationally feasible to do this in the future). once that node sees that the multi-sig transaction is there (with its bitcoin address related to the transaction) it can send off the packet of data to the next node, each node does this until the last node confirms and then the Bitcoins are released to each node simultaneously once the packet reaches its destination.

Some other thoughts...
I could check up on the status of a packet with the security of the block chain too

Thoughts?

*Fixed some spelling issues, grammer stuff

Maybe try supporting 'The Free Network Foundation' - http://thefnf.org/ - ideas

We are using the power of peer-to-peer technologies to create a global network which is resistant to censorship and breakdown
legendary
Activity: 980
I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man
November 26, 2012, 01:51:36 PM
I think Bitcoin + Decentralized Internet would basically be awesome, i Just can't figure out how that would work off the top of meh head.

My idea is to send a packet of data to my neighbor with the intent of it reaching to the next town over.
The packet would contain some low BTC amount inside it like 0.0005 BTC so my neighbor takes 0.000001 BTC for taking the time, energy, resources to facilitate my needs to get that packet sent to the appropriate destination. This would happen with every node with my destination receiving BTC until no BTC left. I don't know how I would calculate how many btc each node would get or the success of the packet reaching there.

Perhaps every node can send "free" packets for the sake of collecting IP routing table lists and locations and an agreement of the cost of each node, once the list is established the packet can be calculated it's cost and pick the route of least resistance(not too low on BTC node code but not entirely high but more on the low side). Once a line is considered the networking packet will be sent along with the multi-sig BTC transaction, each node checks the transaction from the Blockchain and verifies it before sending off the traffic(Assuming its computationally feasible to do this in the future). once that node sees that the multi-sig transaction is there (with its bitcoin address related to the transaction) it can send off the packet of data to the next node, each node does this until the last node confirms and then the Bitcoins are released to each node simultaneously once the packet reaches its destination.

Some other thoughts...
I could check up on the status of a packet with the security of the block chain too

Thoughts?

*Fixed some spelling issues, grammer stuff
Pages:
Jump to: