Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Development Team - page 2. (Read 230 times)

legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
August 13, 2021, 12:54:46 AM
For starters Bitcoin is not a company or a single repository or anything that means centralization.
laanwj is another developer contributing to the reference implementation of bitcoin (the Full node implementation of Bitcoin protocol).

when it takes years for pooya to see his own contradictions in his own statements.. you got to wonder why it takes soo long

yes there are many 'projects' of light/spv/private wallets. but since ~2015-17 there has only been ONE repository centralising and leading the protocol decisions

electrum cant overrule 'reference implementation' decisions. and thats how 'reference implementation' like it

one day he might even read his contradictions and see and learn the difference between a contribution and a request of contribution. especially when you see the same people who get to acknowledge requests. are also the moderators of the other communication area's of development of the 'reference implementation'

note: calling 'reference implementation' by its brand name and given names to lead developers and their other controls. usually gets posts deleted or harrassed by those peoples fanbase.

even though i am a bitcoiner. the 'reference implementation' group dont like to be talked about negatively
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
August 13, 2021, 12:10:26 AM
For starters Bitcoin is not a company or a single repository or anything that means centralization. Bitcoin is a decentralized protocol that has many developers contributing to its improvement with lots of different open source projects.
For example SomberNight is a bitcoin developer who is contributing to Electrum (the SPV implementation of Bitcoin protocol). laanwj is another developer contributing to the reference implementation of bitcoin (the Full node implementation of Bitcoin protocol).
Each project has its own "lead" developer who controls the github repository and holds the keys to let changes be merged into the source code or not. But anyone with or without programming knowledge can make a contribution, whether it is just bug report or opening pull requests with major changes.
copper member
Activity: 1988
Merit: 905
Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia
August 13, 2021, 12:09:52 AM
to be honest yes i curious maybe there's lead team but approval of new proposal still in public hand
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 3014
August 12, 2021, 09:47:36 PM
I am curious if there is a list of the current development team for bitcoin.  I am not sure if that is something that they keep private or if there is a list out there somewhere of who the developers are.  I am also curious if there is a lead developer for bitcoin, or if it just a team at this point and there is no lead like Gavin used to be?
Pages:
Jump to: