Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin (difficulty) - page 2. (Read 2625 times)

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794
June 21, 2014, 06:12:29 PM
Satoshi can lower the difficulty whenever he wants Wink

You're going to confuse the newbies.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
June 21, 2014, 05:09:55 PM
Satoshi can lower the difficulty whenever he wants Wink
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Well hello there!
June 20, 2014, 08:29:19 PM
Nope.  And why is it going?  Newer, more efficient hardware and this trend will continue for sometime imho
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
June 19, 2014, 07:36:05 AM
It's going way too fast because there are so many miners today. I came into the mining game in mid March when the difficulty was 3,8xxxx, just a short 90 days ago. Mining hardware is now more affordable than it was just 5-6 months ago. It's a double edged sword. :/
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794
June 18, 2014, 10:10:58 AM
Hi there i am new at forum but not new at bitcoin..

I am seeing that the difficulty of bitcoin is increasing very fastly .. well i want to know is there any way that the difficulty can be stopped growing?

ranochigo already did a good job of explaining that the only way to keep the difficulty from growing is to stop all miners from turning on new equipment (or to collectively only turn on as much hash power as they turn off).  The only way to reduce difficulty is to get all miners collectively miners to turn off more hash power than they turn on.

I mean if the owner of bitcoin satoshi nakamoto can stop the increasing of difficulty of bitcoin or not?

Satoshi Nakamoto was the original creator of the Bitcoin protocol.  He released it into the public as open source software.  There is no "owner".  Anyone that wants to can run the software, and anyone that wants to can modify the copy of the software that they run.  The only way to change how the bitcoin protocol behaves is to convince EVERYBODY running the software to run different software that has different rules.

And why it is going any good reason?

Because of mining.

i just know it increase because of mining..

Oh.  You already knew that.  Ok.  Look back at ranochigo's post.  If that doesn't make it clear, let us know and I'll see if I can re-explain it.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 4418
Crypto Swap Exchange
June 18, 2014, 03:12:23 AM

I am seeing that the difficulty of bitcoin is increasing very fastly .. well i want to know is there any way that the difficulty can be stopped growing?

I mean if the owner of bitcoin satoshi nakamoto can stop the increasing of difficulty of bitcoin or not?

And why it is going any good reason? i just know it increase because of mining..
No, no one can stop the increment of difficulty. The difficulty is adjusted every 2016 blocks based on the time it took to find the previous 2016 blocks. If the hashrates is lower, the time taken to generate a block is slower, if the hashrate is higher, the time taken will be faster. The target of the time taken is 10minutes, it will adjust accordingly based on the speed of block generation. In order to stop the difficulty from growing, you will have to stop people from operating new ASIC miners and for it to decrease, people would have to shut down their ASIC. The increment of Bitcoin difficulty and block time is built into the protocol itself, unless it is forked, it is not possible to change it.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
June 18, 2014, 02:30:21 AM

And why it is going any good reason? i just know it increase because of mining..
Pages:
Jump to: