Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Discussion among the public is increasing - page 2. (Read 1726 times)

Activity: 508
Merit: 500
Bitcoin is starting to become a household word. I sometimes ask around people if they ever heard of Bitcoin, just a year ago.. most of the people I asked haven't heard of it. Now.. most of them have a tiny notion about it, that "it has something to do with the Internet, and money".
We're on the right track Smiley.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
Right now, the majority of the general public (not only in the US, but also in other nations) is having a bad opinion about Bitcoin. It is due to the unrelenting media war being waged against the crypto-currency. But if we could spread the information about various advantages of Bitcoin, then I am sure that the popular opinion will change dramatically.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
With the recent good news about Dish adoption, Apple accepting btc in their apps, ebay CEO interview, Bitcoin is going mainstream so more and more people is speaking about it.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
I have brought it up around folks I wouldn't suspect to have a clue about and to my surprise they have absolutely heard of it.  I still must explain it but it's nice to see people becoming aware of what it is and somewhat open-minded.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
Viva la revolution!
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
So I usually get pretty excited whenever I hear about people (non-nerds and non-tech savvy) discussing bitcoins. However, today I overhead two physicians talking about buying $300,000 worth of bitcoins in order to protect themselves from the devaluation of the USD. Now I know that $300,000 isn't really THAT much in terms of the bitcoin marketcap, but more importantly is that we may have some of the educated people of the USA start buying bitcoins soon. The mere fact they 1) knew of bitcoin and 2) are considering dumping a large amount of their fiat into it, is a REALLY good sign.

I remember 2 years ago I did not hear a single person in the public discussing bitcoins. 6-8 months ago I began hearing very few people discuss it in passing, usually only in regards to it's recent price increases, and now I'm hearing people discuss bitcoins on a 1-2x per week basis.

Mass Bitcoin adoption is coming....I hope you're all ready for it Cheesy

My father in law actually asked me about bit coin on our last visit. He won't even use a smart phone so that in itself is kind of miraculous.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
World Class Cryptonaire
So I usually get pretty excited whenever I hear about people (non-nerds and non-tech savvy) discussing bitcoins. However, today I overhead two physicians talking about buying $300,000 worth of bitcoins in order to protect themselves from the devaluation of the USD. Now I know that $300,000 isn't really THAT much in terms of the bitcoin marketcap, but more importantly is that we may have some of the educated people of the USA start buying bitcoins soon. The mere fact they 1) knew of bitcoin and 2) are considering dumping a large amount of their fiat into it, is a REALLY good sign.

I remember 2 years ago I did not hear a single person in the public discussing bitcoins. 6-8 months ago I began hearing very few people discuss it in passing, usually only in regards to it's recent price increases, and now I'm hearing people discuss bitcoins on a 1-2x per week basis.

Mass Bitcoin adoption is coming....I hope you're all ready for it Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: