Pages:
Author

Topic: bitcoin discussion board have lot of unecessary questions - page 3. (Read 422 times)

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2173
Professional Community manager

which is mostly a waste of time for good posters.
Then don't waste your time on those threads. If those threads do not get enough traction the will slip from the top page of the board very quickly. But we always have users who reply to them, maybe cause quality is subjective and those threads are not spam to them, or any way to fulfil their post requirements counts.

If you feel it's spam, report it.

most users post low quality replies to get post count for signature campaign, and the other users start threads like these because many members award them merits,
I will not say many members award then merits. To my observation threads like that do not get merited.

show my request is stop replying to them if it's not an important discussion.
You can it control what other users reply to. You can ignore those discussions so you don't have to read them.
Activity: 350
Merit: 335
I feel the moderators also noticed these things but are trying as much as they can to make the forum as democratic as possible. Democratic in the sense that freedom of expression is totally allowed because if they become too rigid, many people will become too scared to post in the forum. If you notice, most of those posts are coming from new members, if the moderators do not apply wisdom in handle the situation, it can also affect the forum in the aspect of continuity and others.

Nevertheless,  it is still expected we aspire to encourage as much quality posts as we can so that time in this forum will be worth it. We can use the report to moderators tab more if we feel certain posts or comments do not meet the forum standard...if many people report a particular post, it becomes easier for the mods to act knowing that deleting the post is in the interest of a good number of the forum users.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 636
For campaign management look for Little Mouse!
I totally get what you're saying, mate. In a forum with such a diverse membership, it's common to come across questions that might seem basic to some but are actually sincere inquiries. Everyone's learning at their own pace, and sometimes people are looking for a bit of spoon-feeding to grasp certain concepts.

Now, when it comes to merits and signature campaigns, it seems like the members, especially those who can award merits, know where to invest them wisely. They're not just tossing merits around for low-value topics, and the same goes for their replies. As for the moderators, their approach might rely largely on reports from members. That way, they can keep things in check and ensure the forum maintains its quality.

So if you want to help cleaning the forum, be active in reporting spam post.
Activity: 66
Merit: 5
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
At least am not alone on this, I have noticed this same thing repeat itself so many times.. and most members take this thread so serious just to complete there signature post and then making some people feel like they have not been trying...

There are some thread that I see getting merited but deep down it's not educating, then I wondered to myself what really warranted the meriting...
Bitcoin discussion is my favorite board or let me say most familiar board but it pissed me off when I see this people with fake life stories of Bitcoin life. It's not worth it and I don't even border myself to comment on any thing.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 5634
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
I agree, and it is nothing new that is not already known and has not been discussed. Some members even set that board to ignore, some decided to try with as many reports as possible, but that board is still littered with a large number of low value topics. Fortunately, there is a "report to moderator" option, and anyone can use it to report any topic or post that they think does not meet the criteria - and it is obvious that the vast majority have never read the sticky topic that has been at the top of that board since 2016.

Low quality topics do not belong here.

~snip~
If I invested in bitcoin and it gave me 5x return and I used it to build house, I can be happy to bring it to this forum.

You are obviously one of those who didn't read what low quality topic means - because what would happen if everyone who profited from Bitcoin or bought something for Bitcoin opened a new topic in the Bitcoin discussion?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1094
bitcoin discussion board have lot of unnecessary questions which is mostly not helpful to increase knowledge or learn something new.
most of them start thread about "my first bitcoin purchase" i convinced my dad to invest in bitcoin, "bitcoin is life", etc. which is mostly a waste of time for good posters.
On each post, you will see report to a moderator, click on it and report it. If your report is good, moderator will take the thread down if a topic is a spam. But if moderator do not take down the post, leave it be becuase this forum is a bitcoin forum and we can discuss anything about bitcoin. If I invested in bitcoin and it gave me 5x return and I used it to build house, I can be happy to bring it to this forum.

most users post low quality replies to get post count for signature campaign, and the other users start threads like these because many members award them merits, show my request is stop replying to them if it's not an important discussion.
Signature posters are better than bounty hunters. Report the posts that you see unworthy.
Activity: 966
Merit: 801
Sadly the moderator will not remove such thread because it's related to Bitcoin and as long as it's not using AI/plagiarism, even it's a shitpost the thread is still there.

Exclude me from members who give merit for such thread because I never did that, merit is subjective too, you can't really expect they will stop give merit. Similar like members who replied and think those story are real, you can't force then to stop.
Activity: 102
Merit: 1
bitcoin discussion board have lot of unnecessary questions which is mostly not helpful to increase knowledge or learn something new.
most of them start thread about "my first bitcoin purchase" i convinced my dad to invest in bitcoin, "bitcoin is life", etc. which is mostly a waste of time for good posters.
most users post low quality replies to get post count for signature campaign, and the other users start threads like these because many members award them merits, show my request is stop replying to them if it's not an important discussion.
Pages:
Jump to: