Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin, Dogecoin Gain After Musk's Tweets, But Will There Be Another Bull Run? - page 6. (Read 5253 times)

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1351
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
In any case, privacy coins will be still available around decentralized exchanges. Or like Crypton coin will have own wallet and own exchange that's impossible to ban. That's why more and more people participate in its review campaign: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/utopia-p2p-ecosystem-review-campaign-get-paid-in-btc-full-members-5425016

Of course. But you can bet market prices will be a lot lower than what they are right now, because institutional investors and VCs will be left out of the game. Therefore, a ban on privacy coins would be equal to lower mainstream adoption in the long run.

I think transparent coins like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Dogecoin will hold the spotlight for a very long time. Investors will prefer such coins because they will have the "green light" from mainstream governments. Money will keep flowing into these cryptocurrencies, so expect market prices to increase in the future. Besides, what could go wrong when we have Elon Musk "shilling" crypto/Blockchain tech? Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 916
Merit: 1
Privacy coins have their benefits, but with governments in the way, don't expect such coins to experience an increase in mainstream adoption anytime soon. The only coins that will rise "to infinity and beyond" are those with a transparent Blockchain ledger like Bitcoin, Dogecoin, and Ethereum. That's because it's easy for the authorities to "hunt down" malicious actors on these chains, than it's the case with Monero or Zcash. Why do you think Elon Musk is "pumping" Dogecoin instead of a privacy coin like XMR? That's because DOGE isn't as rejected as XMR across centralized exchanges. Not to mention that DOGE is a "meme" coin that's often driven by hype.

We're still in a bear market, so it would be a great idea to accumulate prominent crypto coins just in case. Who knows what surprises we'll find in the next bull market run? Just my opinion Smiley

In any case, privacy coins will be still available around decentralized exchanges. Or like Crypton coin will have own wallet and own exchange that's impossible to ban. That's why more and more people participate in its review campaign: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/utopia-p2p-ecosystem-review-campaign-get-paid-in-btc-full-members-5425016
Activity: 211
I believe that these types of coins and platforms have significant potential to become increasingly popular as people become more aware of the benefits of privacy and decentralization in their financial transactions.

Furthermore, the community support for privacy coins is growing and becoming more vocal, with more and more people recognizing the importance of financial privacy in our increasingly digital world. This support will only help to further promote the adoption and usage of privacy coins.

Let's hope that soon countries will recognize privacy coins and they will become legal. So far it's the other way around. Although I think that people will still keep their private coins in crypto wallets until the situation changes. Anonymity is a priority these days.
legendary
I believe that these types of coins and platforms have significant potential to become increasingly popular as people become more aware of the benefits of privacy and decentralization in their financial transactions.

Furthermore, the community support for privacy coins is growing and becoming more vocal, with more and more people recognizing the importance of financial privacy in our increasingly digital world. This support will only help to further promote the adoption and usage of privacy coins.

Privacy coins have their benefits, but with governments in the way, don't expect such coins to experience an increase in mainstream adoption anytime soon. The only coins that will rise "to infinity and beyond" are those with a transparent Blockchain ledger like Bitcoin, Dogecoin, and Ethereum. That's because it's easy for the authorities to "hunt down" malicious actors on these chains, than it's the case with Monero or Zcash. Why do you think Elon Musk is "pumping" Dogecoin instead of a privacy coin like XMR? That's because DOGE isn't as rejected as XMR across centralized exchanges. Not to mention that DOGE is a "meme" coin that's often driven by hype.

We're still in a bear market, so it would be a great idea to accumulate prominent crypto coins just in case. Who knows what surprises we'll find in the next bull market run? Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 2450
Merit: 329

The coins Bitcoin, Dogecoin and the platform Twitter are all popular already but if ever Elon adopt either one of these coin as a currency in his Twitter platform then Twitter is surely going to boom more and after this maybe Twitter can become a little decentralized due to the involvement of crypto. This is something that we always wanted ever since before but the previous owner of Twitter didn't made it happen.

Existing Twitter users that are not into cryptos yet will be curious and they will also try Bitcoin or Dogecoin, making the coins even more famous. Now that regulations are rampant in crypto, it's indeed that people are demanding for more privacy again. Bitcoin might offer it more than Doge but there are better coins than in Bitcoin which are more private, Monero for example.

Really? As most of people believe that just privacy coins were invented for money laundering only Smiley And here's where people lost belief in decentralization and all the other privacy things.

I understand that people will have doubts about privacy coins and decentralized exchanges, and that's okay. But I think that private coins have good community support and will only gain popularity in the future.
Really? As most of people believe that just privacy coins were invented for money laundering only Smiley And here's where people lost belief in decentralization and all the other privacy things.
I agree that privacy coins are getting more popularity these days, but what I don't understand why there are no new players in this niche. I'm waiting for a bigger variety of strong privacy coins to have a wider choice.

There are no new players focusing on privacy, simply because developers are afraid from being prosecuted by the government. This is not the same as the early days in crypto where regulations were little-to-non existent. Now KYC is mandatory across all centralized exchanges, so it will be hard to keep a privacy coin "private" without exposing the user's identity. Not only that, but the US government has been known to target mixers due to "money laundering" concerns. That same narrative could be used for privacy coins such as Monero and Zcash to stifle mainstream adoption for good. You can see why cryptocurrencies with transparent blockchain ledgers like Bitcoin and Ethereum are rising, while privacy coins like the ones mentioned before are going all the way down the drain.

I seriously doubt Elon Musk will promote a privacy coin someday with his tweets, especially when all he cares about is money. DOGE is the only coin he'll support because of its transparency and inexpensiveness. It's a coin that can be easily manipulated. Who cares about Elon Musk anyways? As long as crypto works as intended, nothing else matters. Just my opinion Smiley

The vast majority of all laundered money goes through the traditional banking system and not through cryptocurrency exchanges. Even most of the so-called anonymous cryptocurrencies are much more transparent and easier to trace than the same cash.
There are no new players focusing on privacy, simply because developers are afraid from being prosecuted by the government. This is not the same as the early days in crypto where regulations were little-to-non existent. Now KYC is mandatory across all centralized exchanges, so it will be hard to keep a privacy coin "private" without exposing the user's identity. Not only that, but the US government has been known to target mixers due to "money laundering" concerns. That same narrative could be used for privacy coins such as Monero and Zcash to stifle mainstream adoption for good. You can see why cryptocurrencies with transparent blockchain ledgers like Bitcoin and Ethereum are rising, while privacy coins like the ones mentioned before are going all the way down the drain.

I seriously doubt Elon Musk will promote a privacy coin someday with his tweets, especially when all he cares about is money. DOGE is the only coin he'll support because of its transparency and inexpensiveness. It's a coin that can be easily manipulated. Who cares about Elon Musk anyways? As long as crypto works as intended, nothing else matters. Just my opinion Smiley
So you believe that KYC exchanges is a must? How then Utopia P2P project exists and their Crypton privacy coin? As I know they have own no KYC exchange and Crypton is also listed on 6 or 7 other exchanges. And its decentralization helps it to bypass any possible regulations.
I agree that privacy coins are getting more popularity these days, but what I don't understand why there are no new players in this niche. I'm waiting for a bigger variety of strong privacy coins to have a wider choice.

Because it's a big risk! Many governments banned privacy coins. In addition, the economic situation in the world is also the reason why no new privacy coins are created.  Most likely, time will pass, and only large reliable players with their ecosystems will remain.
legendary

Privacy coins have always been controversial.Privacy coins, cryptocurrencies that can't be tracked or traced, have always been an issue in the crypto industry. Despite concerns about how they might be used, privacy coins becoming more and more popular.
Bitcoin has made it this far (14 years), so I'm confident it will last a very long time. I don't think BTC will hit $40k this year, simply because there's not enough "momentum" to pump market prices all the way to the moon. The recent pump was shortlived as crypto is still feeling the pain of the Terra/LUNA implosion, the deteriorating global economy, and the FTX collapse. There's a lot of negativism surrounding the industry right now. It's going to take quite a long time before BTC or any other cryptocurrency for that matter reaches a new ATH in price. Don't count on Elon Musk pumping DOGE's price, especially when investors are getting tired of him. There needs to be something new and fresh that would help crypto gain traction once more. No one knows what the future holds, so we can only hope for the best. Just my opinion Smiley
And I really think that the next move is to be done by privacy coins. They already proved that they feel pretty nice on the market despite any regulations, ban, etc. Of course I'm speaking about really private coins, not each one shouting it's the most private.
It's not about Elon, but rather how crypto/Blockchain tech can change our world for the better by eliminating the middleman from the system. Unfortunately, many people are into crypto to get rich quick. So don't be surprised if more "suckers" fall for Elon Musk's tricks, due to greed. At least, we know Bitcoin won't be going anywhere soon. Who knows what the future for the entire industry will look like? Just my thoughts Grin
I won't agree with "we know Bitcoin won't be going anywhere soon". I don't know anything, just hope it will rise asap. As anyway it's price is not so much low for investments, but I still have something to hold there. It would be nice to see it at least on 40k this year Smiley
I understand your sentiment, and while we can't predict the future of Bitcoin's price with certainty, it's certainly true that it has a strong and dedicated community of supporters. It's also worth noting that even at its current price, many people are still finding it to be a worthwhile investment. Ultimately, only time will tell what the future holds for Bitcoin and the cryptocurrency market as a whole. But we can hope it will reach 40k this year.
Activity: 2450
Merit: 329
the focus should be on the potential of blockchain technology and how it can improve our world, rather than getting caught up in market manipulation and greed. It's important to keep in mind that the value of a cryptocurrency should not be determined by one individual, but rather by the technology and its ability to provide a useful solution. It's also worth considering diversifying your portfolio and not putting all your eggs in one basket, whether that be Bitcoin or any other coin.
If it's only about potential then Bitcoin has it. BTC has also done some contributions to solve the real word problems like fighting the inflation and restrictions because of its decentralized nature. Doge coin on the other hand is only the opposite of BTC.

I don't know what contributions it did but I think only cause more problems because it encourage people to create more meme coins and like you said to become greedy of chasing easy money. These types of coins can depend on a few powerful individuals because they can be able to manipulate the coin but a legit or fair crypto is truly decentralized and is fairly distributed to all people in the world.
legendary
I won't agree with "we know Bitcoin won't be going anywhere soon". I don't know anything, just hope it will rise asap. As anyway it's price is not so much low for investments, but I still have something to hold there. It would be nice to see it at least on 40k this year Smiley

Bitcoin has made it this far (14 years), so I'm confident it will last a very long time. I don't think BTC will hit $40k this year, simply because there's not enough "momentum" to pump market prices all the way to the moon. The recent pump was shortlived as crypto is still feeling the pain of the Terra/LUNA implosion, the deteriorating global economy, and the FTX collapse. There's a lot of negativism surrounding the industry right now. It's going to take quite a long time before BTC or any other cryptocurrency for that matter reaches a new ATH in price. Don't count on Elon Musk pumping DOGE's price, especially when investors are getting tired of him. There needs to be something new and fresh that would help crypto gain traction once more. No one knows what the future holds, so we can only hope for the best. Just my opinion Smiley
It's not about Elon, but rather how crypto/Blockchain tech can change our world for the better by eliminating the middleman from the system. Unfortunately, many people are into crypto to get rich quick. So don't be surprised if more "suckers" fall for Elon Musk's tricks, due to greed. At least, we know Bitcoin won't be going anywhere soon. Who knows what the future for the entire industry will look like? Just my thoughts Grin
I never expected any support from Elon Musk as it's not the natural growth of the coins, but simple manipulation. It doesn't mean that the coin is really promising and will continue growing. We all know how hype works. So I'll continue supporting the projects I've chosen and checked by myself.

Exactly. What Elon Musk is doing is simply manipulating the market for his own benefit. It's very obvious Bitcoin will rise in price, especially when it's the future of money. Probably Elon Musk bought Bitcoin at a cheap price and wants to sell it higher for profit. The same can be said about trying to "pump" Dogecoin's price with his tweets. People should really move on from Elon Musk and start focusing on what matters most.

I agree with you, the focus should be on the potential of blockchain technology and how it can improve our world, rather than getting caught up in market manipulation and greed. It's important to keep in mind that the value of a cryptocurrency should not be determined by one individual, but rather by the technology and its ability to provide a useful solution. It's also worth considering diversifying your portfolio and not putting all your eggs in one basket, whether that be Bitcoin or any other coin.
Pages:
Jump to: