Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Dominance Going Down Good or Bad - page 3. (Read 312 times)

Activity: 822
Merit: 100
From my own perspective, the reduction in bitcoin market dominance will help crypto market positively because market can't survive if bitcoin doesn't exist. Will be better it the dominance reduced.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045
Don't let the dominance index fool you. Any given altcoin has a low probability of survival relative to Bitcoin, but because new ones keep getting added, it seems like Bitcoin is losing its shine. Very few coins outperform Bitcoin over the longer term.

That being said, competition is good. If other cryptos can provide better features (like say privacy), it is good for the market as a whole.
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
With all this altcoins and tokens listed in coinmarketcap, it is normal for bitcoin to lose it's dominance whne the price rises there's nothing good or bad there. It is just a representation how much bitcoin is worth on overall total of value of crypto market.
Activity: 652
Merit: 250
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

First of all , I really don't think that anything like that is happening .
Bitcoin is doing fine and is still the most dominant of it . The effect of it is so dominant that when it goes down all other altcoins go down as well .
Secondly , most altcoins are dependent o bitcoin because once they get a appropriate value , people change it into bitcoin because they know that bitcoin would rise more than any other coin . So the dominance is not going anywhere for some time.                       
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
I think its healthy. Bitcoin was the first coin, but its not the most sophisticated - it is slow, it consumes a lot of power unnecesarily. Other coins might be better for the role bitcoin was created.
Also, this means if some big investor says something bad about Bitcoin, it will influence the market less and less.
So the altcoins will have to suffer less because of the critics of bitcoin.
Activity: 574
Merit: 101
It's neither good or bad. It is the normal flow of things. Bitcoin is one. And altcoins are getting more and more with every single day. Most of them are junk, but a lot have value. As more and more of them pop up, the money in the ecosystem will spread.
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
i think it is not good because at this time most altcoin depends on btc if btc rises usually altcoin follow it as well if down, but if investor switch on altcoin i think bitcoin will not dominate the market.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
BTC dominance has been slowly droping again in your opinion is it a good or bad thing for crypto in general
id personally rather it drop rock bottom so altcoin prices do not need to rely on bitcoin prices

I think that it's good, and it's also inevitable.
Good because it is better for the market to be spread with no one coin dictating market wide price movements, and good because it is a sign of growing maturity of crypto - and for this reason inevitable, crypto will continue to grow and mature, bitcoin may remain the number one coin but will fall in dominance as other projects develop and apply real-world use-cases.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 510
April 19, 2018, 10:54:33 AM
BTC dominance has been slowly droping again in your opinion is it a good or bad thing for crypto in general
id personally rather it drop rock bottom so altcoin prices do not need to rely on bitcoin prices

I don’t see it as either good or bad. I think it’s just a natural occurrence for the first idea that is successful to have competition that comes along later with improvements on the original.

This is really just an example of a free market playing itself out. We may see Bitcoin staying at the top and making improvements, or we may see better technologies gradually taking the lead at some point.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 594
April 19, 2018, 10:54:27 AM
I noticed that the smaller the Bitcoin percentage of capitalization, the better for the crypto currency. Now I'm almost completely in altcoins. I'm waiting for growth. We need to closely monitor these indicators.

ive seem to see the same thing i own mostly altcoins but do also own btc i want to see btc go down to around 3-4k mark as i think its just way overpriced. however i dont really like when altcoin prices drops just becuase bitcoin drops or viceversa. in saying that if btc dominanace drops to all time low it may bring bitcoin down and bitcoin going down may crash the crypto market
really waiting for the day that each crypto relys on itself rather than bitcoin

But we may not see that day because even though that bitcoin dominance is going down, it still remain on top of the list. And we all know that there seems to be correlation between bitcoin and all other alts.

If bitcoin is down, it maybe a possibility that investors are shifting their funds on altcoin market. But when bitcoin is going up, one can speculate that people offloading some of their altcoin portfolios and moving it to bitcoin ecosystem. So I can't see any other coins standing up on its own and not relying on bitcoin's price movement.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
“Crypto Depository Receipts”
April 19, 2018, 10:53:56 AM

For those people who invested at high price its a bad thing for them because they will hold their coins until it will rise up while for the people who not yet invested, its a good for them, because they can invest bitcoin at low price and they can earn profit very fast, because they can buy and sell, if it will go high or reach to their expectation, they sell it and earn profit, and wait again for the moment if btc will fall down. So it depends on the situation.
Activity: 181
April 19, 2018, 10:48:25 AM
I noticed that the smaller the Bitcoin percentage of capitalization, the better for the crypto currency. Now I'm almost completely in altcoins. I'm waiting for growth. We need to closely monitor these indicators.

ive seem to see the same thing i own mostly altcoins but do also own btc i want to see btc go down to around 3-4k mark as i think its just way overpriced. however i dont really like when altcoin prices drops just becuase bitcoin drops or viceversa. in saying that if btc dominanace drops to all time low it may bring bitcoin down and bitcoin going down may crash the crypto market
really waiting for the day that each crypto relys on itself rather than bitcoin
Activity: 1064
Merit: 250
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 19, 2018, 10:32:49 AM
Activity: 74
April 19, 2018, 10:32:28 AM
Altcoins is the first dead before bitcoin will totally pass away so I think seeing bitcoin dropping is not good for altcoins to free them from it.
Activity: 462
April 19, 2018, 10:19:13 AM
I think that's good and normal because many altcoins have more potential than bitcoin and grow faster than btc. But if you hold btc then that is bad for sure.
Activity: 435
April 19, 2018, 09:39:48 AM
I think that's good. Because market capitalization is being poured into altcoin. Since then the price of altcoin will increase. Not dependent on Bitcoin
Activity: 181
April 19, 2018, 09:38:19 AM
Pages:
Jump to: