Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin dominance record - page 3. (Read 636 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 100
September 12, 2018, 09:14:42 PM
of course the greatest level of trust is in bitcoin, rather than on other coins, and this is very important that trust is chosen in order to boost the price of bitcoin back up as it did before.
Activity: 290
Merit: 28
bitcoin is not a bubble, it is the pin
September 12, 2018, 07:44:44 PM
This is the good news we need right now! I think this may indicate a return of confidence in bitcoin and one can hope for a price increase.
This is naturally good news, but it should be mentioned that this dominance is achieved by selling many altcoins, which in turn is a bad sign, because people do not believe in them, and therefore in cryptocurrencies....

I agree, overall the ecosystem needs more usecases than just payments, and even if you are a bitcoin maximalist you will agree that the blockchain technology opens many new areas of innovation outside the financial world. The decline of altcoins seems to benefit bitcoin but this is a narrow view. I don’t see bitcoin and altcoins in so much competition, both offer different applications for the blockchain technology...if people loose interest in blockchain technologies it will eventually also hurt bitcoin, no matter the gains in dominance. Real world applications are going to take this to the next level.
Activity: 560
Merit: 111
September 12, 2018, 07:37:21 PM
market-cap and dominance can be skewed and inaccurate.

Complety fake
Activity: 322
Merit: 17
September 12, 2018, 07:28:36 PM
Bitcoin was once dominant in the crypto market being pioneer of crypto currencies.Then it started to lose its dominance gradually due to the entrance of hundreds of new coins.

Bitcoin's dominance was at its lowest at 36.1 percent.

But now, once again bitcoin's market share has reached high  to 57.09 percent which shows that people have lost faith in most of the shit coins and find only bitcoin to be the safe haven.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/9f0bed/new_btc_dominance_record_since_13_dec_2017/

Already this is a great rate
But I see that naturally in the current market situation
Bitcoin remains the last resort
I hope the situation will improve and the market will rise.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
September 12, 2018, 06:42:07 PM

Small correction, it was bit lower, at 32.39% on 13 Jan 2018, as per CMC

Pajeet make 100,000,000,000 coins.
Pajeet sell 1 coin for $1 to hes brother Pansun.
Now we have $100,000,000,000 capitalisation.
WOW!!!

No one in the right mind would include such coin into any stats or ranking. But I agree that both, market-cap and dominance can be skewed and inaccurate.

Personally I would pay more attention to the distance between Bitcoin and 2-nd place coin than to total dominance %.
Activity: 560
Merit: 111
September 12, 2018, 05:39:02 PM
dominance
Pajeet make 100,000,000,000 coins.
Pajeet sell 1 coin for $1 to hes brother Pansun.
Now we have $100,000,000,000 capitalisation.
WOW!!!
Activity: 980
Merit: 507
September 12, 2018, 05:04:08 PM
Bitcoin was once dominant in the crypto market being pioneer of crypto currencies.Then it started to lose its dominance gradually due to the entrance of hundreds of new coins.

But now, once again bitcoin's market share has reached high  to 57.09 percent which shows that people have lost faith in most of the shit coins and find only bitcoin to be the safe haven.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/9f0bed/new_btc_dominance_record_since_13_dec_2017/
Dominance doesn't matter. Its just a useless stat. Just as useless as diet water:

This is a false dichotomy. I completely believe in Bitcoin's ability to change the global monetary system, and I also completely believe that 99.9% of altcoins are complete trash. People are starting to wake up to the fact that most altcoins are just empty promises, with no working product and no future.
People are still stupid. Don't worry,once they see ICOs offering 300% annual returns, they'll be back on track.
Activity: 95
Merit: 4
September 12, 2018, 01:10:01 PM
It seems like bitcoin's dominance tends to pick up during the bear market but when its a bull market the alts start to lose dominance.  I also think once we see more alt-fiat gateways btc's dominance may fall further.
Activity: 672
Merit: 526
September 12, 2018, 01:06:12 PM
The record is 100%. Lol.

Now, the last time Bitcoin started to increase its dominance, we had that spectacular appreciation of altcoins. Unfortunately, we are in a bear market. It happening again I think it's unlikely. But if some currencies have a 50% appreciation and the BTC delays responding with no more than 3%, we can re-enter a Bull Market with the FOMO of some specific projects.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18706
September 12, 2018, 11:52:24 AM
This is naturally good news, but it should be mentioned that this dominance is achieved by selling many altcoins, which in turn is a bad sign, because people do not believe in them, and therefore in cryptocurrencies....

This is a false dichotomy. I completely believe in Bitcoin's ability to change the global monetary system, and I also completely believe that 99.9% of altcoins are complete trash. People are starting to wake up to the fact that most altcoins are just empty promises, with no working product and no future.
copper member
Activity: 2212
Merit: 605
🍓 BALIK Never DM First
September 12, 2018, 10:22:25 AM
Altcoins are getting completely ruined now, there's definitely no immediate hope for altcoins against Bitcoin right now. ICOs are struggling HARD in this market and finding it difficult to raise even tiny soft caps. I don't think Bitcoin will retain this dominance for the long term, but for now it's clearly the safest card in the deck.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
September 12, 2018, 10:18:18 AM
This is the good news we need right now! I think this may indicate a return of confidence in bitcoin and one can hope for a price increase.
Activity: 82
Merit: 2
September 12, 2018, 10:16:09 AM
You are right but question is that it dominance is low when bitcoin price is at its peak and it's dominance is increasing when it's price goes down to 1/3rd of its peak price.
Activity: 238
Merit: 144
September 12, 2018, 10:09:03 AM
Activity: 1360
Merit: 506
September 12, 2018, 10:06:34 AM

Pages:
Jump to: