Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin during pandemics - page 7. (Read 1018 times)

Activity: 1918
Merit: 370
March 18, 2020, 02:35:38 PM
There is no real sample size for your dataset to come to conclusion, the first two are mostly a regional thing and I do not think it has any effect on global market,
Yeah, I get it these are just pure assumptions of mine.

surprise you did not put SAR Virus in it, which seems to have more casualties than the first two on your list.
I know that one but it has been 17 years since it was discovered in China, Bitcoin wasn't born until 2009 so I disregard including it.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 530
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
March 18, 2020, 02:30:55 PM
There is no real sample size for your dataset to come to conclusion, the first two are mostly a regional thing and I do not think it has any effect on global market, surprise you did not put SAR Virus in it, which seems to have more casualties than the first two on your list.
March 18, 2020, 02:17:01 PM
it is not COVID-19 that has affected bitcoin price, it has never been because there simply is no relationship between the two. it is literary every other market that has been dumping and the fear that the weak hands had thinking there should be a dump in bitcoin too so they jumped the ship. with whale manipulation accumulation on top, we've got ourselves a big crash Smiley
There is no relationship between these two but thing is people behave based on what the situation outside. As what you have said people are simply panicking, fearing and having a weak hands so basically this is because of the pandemic. This isn't just a coincidence that's for sure.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293
There is trouble abrewing
March 18, 2020, 02:07:55 PM
it is not COVID-19 that has affected bitcoin price, it has never been because there simply is no relationship between the two. it is literary every other market that has been dumping and the fear that the weak hands had thinking there should be a dump in bitcoin too so they jumped the ship. with whale manipulation accumulation on top, we've got ourselves a big crash Smiley
March 18, 2020, 02:01:57 PM
Been seeing a lot of post about the COVID-19 and how it affects different markets like stock, oil and cryptocurrency
but I wonder if these things are just now or it happens every time there is a pandemic disease like this.

I tried to search for some charts that might help to analyze if there are really a direct effect on the bitcoin with https://cointelegraph.com/bitcoin-price-index

I'm not going to include the 2009 H1N1 pandemic virus since the bitcoin was created on that same year. I'ma start in 2012,
Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-COV)

DATED from Jan1 to June31 2012 (6months)
Discovery of MERS-COV was in April, Seems like there isn't much effect on the price not until in June when it starts to increase ( about 20%)

Ebola Virus
Although it was first discovered in 1976, there is an outbreak happened last 2014.

DATED FROM Jan1 to June31 2014 (6months)
The price increased relatively.
Price dump in Feb but recovers in March where the first case of Ebola was recorded.

COVID-19
Discovered in late 2019 (Pandemic outbreak; Recent)

The price seems great in mid-feb and reached $10K but then it starts declining when things are getting worse with COVID-19.

The bitcoin seems unaffected by the first two pandemic at those time, while now the COVID-19 looks so impactful but why?
The relative increasing of price might be the root why such pandemic disease happen so rattling the crypto space.But then again we cannot assure these things.

I'll update this thread if necessary.

Pages:
Jump to: