Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin ETF Approval: Fueling Bullish Momentum? - page 2. (Read 527 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
On contrary though, we have seen how a supposedly Bitcoin ETF approval will fuel the market. We've seen a glimpse of it, and so imagine if this is really true and it did happen when we are about to commence the bull run after the block halving, could really be a huge surge of money in the ecosystem.

Nevertheless, it was a fake news, on the bright side, we witnessed $30k after. But obviously short day traders could have taken advantage of it and speculate and then sell at that price, pulling down the market to the $28k'ish.

Even with fake news, as long as the market is already on a bull run, it won't mess things up much. The bullish trend will just keep on rolling. That ETF thing has been making the rounds in rumors for a while now. I reckon those rumors help fuel the bullish sentiment because people are used to hearing about it. In the long run, it could have a significant impact on the market.

But speaking of hype, it usually hits harder when the rumors are fresh and exciting. You know how they say, 'sell the news' because by the time it's official, the hype might have worn off.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1429
*snip*

Lmao it's a shitshow. Can't believe such false news caused a domino effect among other "news" sites as they blindly followed the original article poster.

On the bright side — at least we now have an idea on how much we can pump once a real ETF approval takes place.

Agreed, it is really very head shaking how everyone is cheering for this market manipulation. This is very bad and it might reduce the chance of an ETF approval because the SEC can presently declare that the bitcoin market is being manipulated easily.

There is also these types of fud that are being reported by mainstream news media. I speculate that because of this war and because of the sensitivity of the situation in the Middle East, I reckon some of the applicants of the ETF might remove their applications and postpone later.

How Hamas is using cryptocurrency to raise funds

But Hamas has apparently not stopped such efforts altogether. On Tuesday, Israeli authorities announced the freezing of additional cryptocurrency accounts that the group had allegedly used to collect donations during this week’s conflict.

And aside from bitcoin, crypto wallets that Israeli authorities have said are linked to Hamas have included the cryptocurrencies Ether, XRP, Tether and others, according to an Israeli government order.

It’s unclear how much money Hamas has received in cryptocurrency, but there’s evidence they have amassed significant amounts.

Source https://edition.cnn.com/2023/10/12/us/hamas-funding-crypto-invs/index.html
Activity: 2814
Merit: 574
On contrary though, we have seen how a supposedly Bitcoin ETF approval will fuel the market. We've seen a glimpse of it, and so imagine if this is really true and it did happen when we are about to commence the bull run after the block halving, could really be a huge surge of money in the ecosystem.

Nevertheless, it was a fake news, on the bright side, we witnessed $30k after. But obviously short day traders could have taken advantage of it and speculate and then sell at that price, pulling down the market to the $28k'ish.
Activity: 546
Merit: 583
That golden tick on twitter accounts though! It seems having that tick makes whatever they say as a true fact, legit and reliable which is a dangerous thing and people should be warned not to trust such sources ever. When you see a manipulation at this scale, you should shun and discredit them and ignore them in the future.

But you know people, usually blinded by greed, and gullible enough to believe the "media".
Nowadays the majority of people are becoming more lazy to search for the truth. So they always trust a media too much rather than waiting for the original source to provide an explanation. This is what makes market manipulation easier to do, even just through fake news in the media.

The price spike that occurred that night resulted in many short positions being liquidated. And the funny thing is that many long positions were also liquidated after the news was confirmed to be fake. Well this is very funny. This is why it is important for us not to immediately believe the news. But for traders, this momentum may be very profitable.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 453
It didn’t really pullback to consolidate, but rather the market went back to how it was before the apparent fake news originated in a CoinTelegraph Tweet (now deleted), stating that Blackrock’s bitcoin spot EFT had been approved:

A journalist from Fox Business, Eleanor Terrett, contacted a representative from Blackrock, and confirmed the news to be (currently) fake. It seems that its only a matter of time, just not right now.

What would be interesting to know is where CoinTelegraph got their information from though. It seems we'll know in a few hours:
https://twitter.com/Cointelegraph/status/1713925876969017792

See:
https://www.newsbtc.com/bitcoin-news/bitcoin-price-surges-7-in-10-minutes-on-fake-ishares-etf-news/
https://ailtra.ai/blackrock-confirms-bitcoin-etf-approval-fake-news/ (source of the captured image)

These kinds of fake news events have a reason why they do such things. If this is indeed fake news, the price value of Bitcoin in the market will suddenly go up. What if this news is true? Then the question is, why did Cointelegraph do that thing in spreading false news?

And this is what I discovered: Cointelegraph did that because they wagered $50,000 on Rollbit and they won X50 on the amount they bet, therefore their ROI returned 4401.01%. This is the link:

https://x.com/rollbitcom/status/1713919556568113503?s=61

So this is the main reason why they make such fake news here in the crypto industry.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
LOL! I see... Maybe it's just a joke on Rollbit's part after all. No one is stupid enough to use the Cointelegraph name if they wanted to profit from inside information. Besides, the exit price is too perfect, no one could have predicted it so well.
It was probably a joke (and very good one I must say  Cheesy), with Rollbit insinuating that someone from Cointelegraph released that news on purpose in order to make a profit and that's definitely something I see happening.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 524
No government agency will prosecute anyone because we want to be free, we want to be uncontrolled, and we are willing to disobey government regulations. So they have no reason to protect those who oppose them? That is the price of freedom and we need to protect ourselves against market manipulation.
I don't think there will be any ETF approvals this year, so will it be another pump or dump by the sharks in the market? Let's wait and see what happens.

Does this mean you consider people buying bitcoin en masse a manipulation?
IF ETF gets approved and the price goes up by 100% to 50000 will you call that manipulation?

We all knew what's coming and people had literally years to buy bitcoin cheap before the ETF since the Grayscale application is really old. It's just that people weren't taking it seriously enough up until BlackRock stepped in and SEC lost in court.

People going all in because of ETFs is not manipulation.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 915
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!
Is that for real? Where did you get that info? Or are you just kidding?
He is referring to a reply Rollbit left earlier today on one of the Cointelegraph's tweets. I am not sure wether this is Rollbit's joke or for real  Cheesy

https://twitter.com/rollbitcom/status/1713919556568113503
Haha right I was referring to Rollbit's reply seen on X.com - kind of skeptical of the name but I know the name is obviously the same as Cointelegraph mass media.
<...>

LOL! I see... Maybe it's just a joke on Rollbit's part after all. No one is stupid enough to use the Cointelegraph name if they wanted to profit from inside information. Besides, the exit price is too perfect, no one could have predicted it so well.

But again, anything is possible.
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
With the rumoured SEC's approval of a Bitcoin spot ETF, we've witnessed a bullish surge in its price, surpassing the 30k range before pulling back to consolidate for another potential run.

Considering this, is it safe to say that we're experiencing a historically bullish October? Additionally, which alts are you considering accumulating before the year's end? Let's dive into the world of alts together.☺️

Those things didn't fuel any bullish momentum, something else did, but people would rather believe a lie which the opaque system of darkness has used to blind many it currently enslaves. It's for the good of people that they stop believing in its delusion.  We are focused on decentralized system which is independent of the centralized one...and this means the centralized has no power over the decentralized.

If you want to see a serious bull run this October, which really has nothing to do with the alleged historical bull run, then focus more on doing positive things for Bitcoin that is according to its principles rather than against them (and don't try to give credit to the wrong people for the increase.) Things that are against the  principles don't increase its price nor make it more valuable.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
I am more excited about how many followers will unfollow Cointelegraph after this. I already did that, and I am waiting if more of their followers will do the same. Spreading fake news from a big news outlet is not a good thing and I'd like to see someone who will pay for this shitshow that happened. It's an obvious manipulation of the market and many bite it because they know they are a legitimate news outlet.
SEC won't just approve this Bitcoin ETF, they may have said they won't fight back but they can still extend the approval for so long that investors are starting to get bored about it.

Doesn't matter though, if you look at other crypto related websites, majority of them could have at one point released news that is not true. It just so happen that cointelegraph was caught redhanded on this one.

And now crypto enthusiast riding the hype, saying that the bull run is here, as the news was released, the price was pump to $30k and then now we are in the $28k++ price range. Not saying that SEC might not approved any Bitcoin ETF in the future, but this was a big blunder by cointelegraph.
Activity: 266
Merit: 3
Navigating the Crypto world & Holding BGB Along..
With the rumoured SEC's approval of a Bitcoin spot ETF, we've witnessed a bullish surge in its price, surpassing the 30k range before pulling back to consolidate for another potential run.

Considering this, is it safe to say that we're experiencing a historically bullish October? Additionally, which alts are you considering accumulating before the year's end? Let's dive into the world of alts together.☺️

It was fake news, and the cointelegraph deleted it, it was just someone's manipulation, and many long/short orders were liquidated. Be careful with all this news instead of getting excited, I think the market will have a stronger correction after this news is confirmed to be fake.

Besides bitcoin, I think this is not the right time to invest or accumulate altcoins. If you pay attention, many altcoins are showing signs of creating new bottoms instead of starting to recover. From what I see, when bitcoin increases, altcoins do not increase, but when bitcoin decreases slightly, altcoins decrease a lot. Therefore, investing in altcoins at this time is not wise.

Hence we need to be smart and careful when analyzing the market, and I think it's actually the right time to start gathering some alts, given most have almost bottomed out. I did a quick scan of the top-performing alts this month on platforms like Bitget, and I found some gems doing extremely well this already. You just have to know which alts to collect

Activity: 2856
Merit: 642
I am more excited about how many followers will unfollow Cointelegraph after this. I already did that, and I am waiting if more of their followers will do the same. Spreading fake news from a big news outlet is not a good thing and I'd like to see someone who will pay for this shitshow that happened. It's an obvious manipulation of the market and many bite it because they know they are a legitimate news outlet.
SEC won't just approve this Bitcoin ETF, they may have said they won't fight back but they can still extend the approval for so long that investors are starting to get bored about it.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 783
Is that for real? Where did you get that info? Or are you just kidding?
He is referring to a reply Rollbit left earlier today on one of the Cointelegraph's tweets. I am not sure wether this is Rollbit's joke or for real  Cheesy

https://twitter.com/rollbitcom/status/1713919556568113503
Haha right I was referring to Rollbit's reply seen on X.com - kind of skeptical of the name but I know the name is obviously the same as Cointelegraph mass media.

Many think it was Cointelegraph because he coincidentally put a low price and exit price of $30K who knows this info except Cointelegraph itself.  Cheesy

Never mind who's right, I've seen their clarifications on the new media recently but not what Rollbit is showing.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 564
Yeah, October isn't yet the month that seems to have the push for Bitcoin. Everything will be seen when we're close to halving and after that. That's the most exciting part and we don't need any of these fake news because majority of the news that will come out by that time are likely going to be good.
Historically, October has been bullish; however, I haven't observed much momentum in BTC recently.
But as the years passed, there have been changes in these seasons. There have been lapses for the known months for Bitcoin to be bullish just like in the past when people have compared December because 2017 was when the bull run happened. And comparing it with the following December's, not that much to say and not a lot had happened.

On the bright side, some altcoins have been performing well. I reviewed my portfolio on Bitget a few hours ago and am pleased with the results. XOR, Bigtime, and Tip are among the tokens showing positive gains.
That's common. As we all know, whenever Bitcoin goes up then everything in the market follows it as it's the leader of the entirety of cryptocurrency. A bull run happens for Bitcoin, there goes the equal reaction for which results the called 'altcoin season'.
Activity: 322
Merit: 85
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

As far as I know this is fake news so better not listen to this news. If compared to altcoins, I think investing in altcoins rather than Bitcoin would be a bit foolish.  Because at one time I had to face a lot of losses by buying altcoins, but I won't say that altcoins are bad. If you want to choose altcoins and bitcoin, you can definitely choose bitcoin. Bitcoin will be very good for you as you will understand yourself when you invest in Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1176
Glory To Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!
Yeah I woke up this morning and saw a huge spike on BTCUSD Perps on Binance. Figured it’s some stop hunt so I checked Coinbase and the wick looked the same.

Then immediately without checking the news, I knew it was going to be some fake report about an etf being approved only 30 mins later to be deamed as fake. 

When I saw how Bitcoin was growing so significantly, I realized that something was happening, but it was difficult to understand what the reason was, I also had thoughts about the ETF, but nothing foreshadowed this, so I discarded this version. Later I saw the news about the fake, and was even more surprised how the market could react so strongly to the deception.
Activity: 266
Merit: 3
Navigating the Crypto world & Holding BGB Along..
Despite the news was all fake and unreal. It seems that the push has been going on and I do think that it will reach up to $29k and even more than that because it shows no sign of backing down despite all of the corrections of what Cointelegraph and the follow-up of other Tweets about the fake approval.
-snip-
The push continues slowly even if it's fake news.
Even touched $30k in an instant, but will it last?
Maybe it can and we'll see the window of $30k but it seems that the correction is about to happen and it stopped going on to $28,500. As that could be the peak of this fake news effect.

I think there will be some more spikes later, October is not over yet and it will be a chance for the market to start rising slowly.
Yeah, October isn't yet the month that seems to have the push for Bitcoin. Everything will be seen when we're close to halving and after that. That's the most exciting part and we don't need any of these fake news because majority of the news that will come out by that time are likely going to be good.
Historically, October has been bullish; however, I haven't observed much momentum in BTC recently. On the bright side, some altcoins have been performing well. I reviewed my portfolio on Bitget a few hours ago and am pleased with the results. XOR, Bigtime, and Tip are among the tokens showing positive gains.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 564
Despite the news was all fake and unreal. It seems that the push has been going on and I do think that it will reach up to $29k and even more than that because it shows no sign of backing down despite all of the corrections of what Cointelegraph and the follow-up of other Tweets about the fake approval.
-snip-
The push continues slowly even if it's fake news.
Even touched $30k in an instant, but will it last?
Maybe it can and we'll see the window of $30k but it seems that the correction is about to happen and it stopped going on to $28,500. As that could be the peak of this fake news effect.

I think there will be some more spikes later, October is not over yet and it will be a chance for the market to start rising slowly.
copper member
Activity: 2044
Merit: 591
🍓 BALIK Never DM First

It was fake news, and the cointelegraph deleted it, it was just someone's manipulation, and many long/short orders were liquidated. Be careful with all this news instead of getting excited, I think the market will have a stronger correction after this news is confirmed to be fake.

Besides bitcoin, I think this is not the right time to invest or accumulate altcoins. If you pay attention, many altcoins are showing signs of creating new bottoms instead of starting to recover. From what I see, when bitcoin increases, altcoins do not increase, but when bitcoin decreases slightly, altcoins decrease a lot. Therefore, investing in altcoins at this time is not wise.

It is true, several well-known online media do not contain credible sources in this matter, but it seems that BlackRock also confirmed it is a false statement.

As you said, at least an initial picture can be seen of how the market will react if the SEC approves the BlackRock spot bitcoin ETF.
Many people still underestimate the impact of ETFs and think they are useless, but if someone looks at the gold chart, they will see how big the impact of ETFs is. ETFs have caused gold prices to skyrocket and that's why I believe that if the SEC approves an ETF to coincide with bull season, we will have a super cycle. This seems quite unrealistic, but if everything matches, I believe bitcoin reaching 300 thousand USD is not too difficult. I'm optimistic about that.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 10532
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
Cointelegraph’s Twitter has 1,9 M followers, and that lead to a quick and wide spread of the (fake) news. Likely, many of those followers are media, which jumped to eco the news, enhancing its speed and reach in a short time span.

By the way, with hours delay over the three initially compromised hours it would take to clarify the events, Cointelegraph published a notice saying sorry and depicting the chain of events:

https://cointelegraph.com/news/clarification-sharing-false-spot-bitcoin-etf-news

In summary, they state that the team in charge of publishing on the social network skipped protocol, and did not have their editor confirm the news before jumping to Tweet it. The information was based on a message they received on a Telegram channel used by them to discover news that could be of significance. The source was from a now deleted account, and someone got too excited over it and forgot to follow protocol. The details (with screenshots) are provided in the link above.
Pages:
Jump to: