Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin ETF Available Eventually - page 3. (Read 516 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
February 09, 2019, 12:28:52 AM
Well everyone says that an ETF will boost the price again because institutional money will flow to the ecosystem. But we can't really say for certain unless we really get to see an Bitcoin ETF getting approved, maybe it is, but we don't know what timeframe so for now it's just a speculation and the real effect will only be felt if one day we can eventually see a seal of approval, so we need to wait.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
February 08, 2019, 11:59:04 PM
"Experts" are divided on the matter, and the opinion of down to earth guys is important.

you have to be careful who you call "experts"! most of those whom you see online spreading bullshit pretending to be "experts" are either idiots trying to make buck or actual experts that are spreading misinformation to make millions.

as for ETF, i think at some point in the past people disagreed about whether it is going to be approved or not but now they all agree that it is not going to be approved anytime soon as we have all seen how SEC rejects all of them and is not planning on changing their course.
as for the "bull run" since the market is ready i'd say if an ETF was approved it may help start the bull run unlike before when market wasn't ready so its effects could not be anticipated.
Activity: 728
Merit: 131
February 08, 2019, 08:04:00 PM
After a long time, ETF will be soon to be approve! but i hope this will continue and there will be no problem again like before.
This will boost the demand from the market and finally bitcoin can touch the 10,000 USD in just a short time.
Activity: 187
Merit: 1
February 08, 2019, 07:56:53 PM
Not sure where the fascination with ETFs comes from. Institutions trading crypto does not mean institutions being bullish on crypto - just higher volumes. In fact futures can crash the price, too. I'd personally rather focus on adoption.
Activity: 572
Merit: 10
February 08, 2019, 07:39:47 PM
At first, the news about bitcoin ETF brought a lot of hype and people were waiting for this event. But over time, it seems to me that everyone has lost interest in him. Its adoption was constantly postponed and people stopped waiting for it. I agree with the opinion above that in order to start bull run we do not need bitcoin ETF.
Activity: 686
Merit: 108
February 08, 2019, 07:28:19 PM
Read about this https://www.btcnn.com/bitcoin-news/sec-commissioner-assures-the-community-that-there-will-eventually-be-a-bitcoin-etf-approved/ and I wonder if this could be a thing soon? Supposedly, this will be also a slump year according to experts. If a Bitcoin ETF is really approved, it could be the catalyst for a bull run? Or is institutional unnecessary for this? "Experts" are divided on the matter, and the opinion of down to earth guys is important.
This is long over due now and some of the investors are now tire for this ETF thing. Do we really need it? I started to doubt now because of the delays or what. I know bitcoin can go higher again without ETF and that’s the most important thing but if ETF will be approved this year, then so be it.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
February 08, 2019, 07:20:25 PM
Read about this https://www.btcnn.com/bitcoin-news/sec-commissioner-assures-the-community-that-there-will-eventually-be-a-bitcoin-etf-approved/ and I wonder if this could be a thing soon? Supposedly, this will be also a slump year according to experts. If a Bitcoin ETF is really approved, it could be the catalyst for a bull run? Or is institutional unnecessary for this? "Experts" are divided on the matter, and the opinion of down to earth guys is important.

It's possible if a bitcoin ETF were to ever be approved that it becomes the catalyst of a bull run. It will not be the cause of the bull run though, as that is dictated by market cycles still.

Personally, I think that bitcoin ETFs will come as a matter of time. However, I don't think that short term prospects are that good at the moment for any ETFs approvals to be incoming our way, as the previous rejections of various ETF proposals in recent years have suggested.

Also, it's important to note that ETFs will likely not contribute tangibly to the development of the bitcoin network, but rather be somewhat of a point for traders to hype up. At the end of the day, it's going to be a tool for institutional investors to make their money, it's not going to increase the network's capacity or anything like that.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
February 08, 2019, 12:23:59 PM
The approval of a bitcoin ETF would be one thing for sure, though I don't think it would be great of an impact to actually ignite a bull run. Most people have already forgotten their desire to see a bitcoin ETF come into play, knowing that the fad and the hype would just fade after a few weeks/months. Similar to what the futures did to the market, it only generated hype for a short span of time and ends up being forgotten after the bull run was over. Frankly, we don't need an ETF to start the next bull run but rather wider adoption for the masses and services alike.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
February 08, 2019, 11:54:36 AM
What are the implications of this? what does that mean for crypto?
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 6089
bitcoindata.science
February 08, 2019, 11:36:42 AM
I believe it will still take years for bitcoin ETF to be released.
The sector needs more regulations, as quadriga CEO case showed us.

Sec is already looking at ETFs applications and I  believe this is generating a healthy discussion for the whole ecosystem
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
February 08, 2019, 10:53:29 AM
Pages:
Jump to: