Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin EU Convention 2013 (Amsterdam, Netherlands September 27th~29th) - page 2. (Read 9053 times)

Activity: 1177
Merit: 102
My name's Moe. I live in Amsterdam and am invested in bitcoin. I think it would be great to have a unified European conference,  and have harnessed the collective talent of a few well integrated individuals to invite and create this conference with me.
BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
BCJ
Final arrangements with the venue are being made, and our panels and speaker list is growing.

I love it!

A conference run by amonymous and M.N.W.

Can't wait!

Do you have any questions you'd like to ask?

Who are you?
Final arrangements with the venue are being made, and our panels and speaker list is growing.

I love it!

Can't wait!

Do you have any questions you'd like to ask?
BCB
vip
BCJ
BIG NEW:

They Rented a Beer Bike for the event!

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
It is developing above my expectation Smiley

BCB
vip
BCJ

I love it!

Can't wait!
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Mining FTW
Looking forward to this. Of course, only if it has a nicely priced ticket. I'd rather hang out in the red light district than for example pay 300€ to go to a convention...

Have the convention in the Red Light District  Wink
Can't say the Red Light District is that special.. but maybe its because I'm Dutch... Either way, A Bitcoin Convention + Being able to go the Red Light District after, should pull people over to come by Smiley
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
500 people is still quite many for a conference. The network effect cannot become much higher if the number of attendees crosses certain threshold (for example they start to be called attendees, instead of participants, or even delegates)

I recently organised a summit with 8 delegates, and the hosts and guest numbered about 12. This is the other end.

If my supernode is re-started, we will probably send about 5 people to the Netherlands for the duration of the conference. (Currently my supernode is dissolved, I am in a mental hospital, Roni and Annina have found new life in California, and Erki and Frank will make Silvervault the premier hub for direct BTC<->AGD trading (direct physical silver for physical btc at a mouseclick).
Looking forward to this. Of course, only if it has a nicely priced ticket. I'd rather hang out in the red light district than for example pay 300€ to go to a convention...

Have the convention in the Red Light District  Wink
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

No information on prices yet as it depends on a dynamic combination of vendors, booths, donations, attendees, floor plans, etc, none of which are concrete yet. I don't think bleeding attendees is an objective though, and this is a non-profit endeavor, committed to providing a platform for sharing and trading for the community, so 300EUR would not make much sense. (In fact, as bitcoin is a community technology and something that is free and shared, charging at all doesn't make much sense except to recoup basic expenses).
Activity: 126
My sister may be coming as well
Oh yes, she will.

Classy! I hope you can make it so she can too. *rimshot*

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 for humility  Wink
Days until the conference!

Timer removed. End time: 2013-09-27+12:30:00

UPDATES

• The Decentralized Exchange Discussion Panel has been filled out nicely with Chris Odom (Open Transactions), Stefan Thomas (Ripple), Mike Hearn (Google), and Nejc Kodrič (Bitstamp).
  • The Borderless Solutions Discussion Panel now features Celso Cardoso Pitta Jr (BTCJAM), Eli Sklaar (Safebit) and I'm I'm waiting on confirmation from Jon Matonis (Forbes).
  • 5 additional speakers added
  • 15 additional pre-reservations made
My sister may be coming as well
Oh yes, she will.

Classy! I hope you can make it so she can too. *rimshot*
Count me in. How do i sign up?

Just send me a PM for now, the venue hasn't been narrowed down yet so official signups aren't enabled, but I can put in a pre-reservation for you and give you an announcement myself when it is.
What will be the differences with the one in Vienna in November? In terms of topics/goals/organization/whatever? The time slots are pretty close.

There are some similarities, but this one will be focused quite a bit on new technology and the entrepreneurial / business side of things, with weight put on business dev, risk management, and security. It is my understanding that the Vienna conference will be more skewed towards the political and social implications of bitcoin.

This, and although I plan on attending that conference, it doesn't appear to be a "bitcoin" conference. It appears to be something similar to Porkupine Fest in the US. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's a politically charged get together with lots of anarchists and libertarians, whereas this is a get together of bitcoiners that may in fact be either or both. Correct me if I'm wrong!
What will be the differences with the one in Vienna in November? In terms of topics/goals/organization/whatever? The time slots are pretty close.

There are some similarities, but this one will be focused quite a bit on new technology and the entrepreneurial / business side of things, with weight put on business dev, risk management, and security. It is my understanding that the Vienna conference will be more skewed towards the political and social implications of bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007
1davout
Pages:
Jump to: