Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin exchanges (cryptsy in particular) - page 2. (Read 1722 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
December 15, 2015, 08:51:10 PM
you will probably lose all your money. people warned about that exchange since months (google).

I only have 100 tied up in cryptsy so its not a big loss at all. But I really do feel like they're using this down time to make money. They can easily load up on alt coins and bring them to cryptsy to sell to users because they control bitcoin withdrawals. Right now more than 15 coins are overpriced on cryptsy

ever noticed when you look at the order list, its small.. but as soon as you place an order a totally new order (never in list before) jumps ahead of you.
thats the cryptsy's own bot.
if they think you can make a profit because there is a spread. they will put in an order above yours so they can get that profit before you

Yeah I've noticed it a few times. We need an exchange for the people
Merit: 100
December 15, 2015, 08:47:51 PM
you will probably lose all your money. people warned about that exchange since months (google).

I only have 100 tied up in cryptsy so its not a big loss at all. But I really do feel like they're using this down time to make money. They can easily load up on alt coins and bring them to cryptsy to sell to users because they control bitcoin withdrawals. Right now more than 15 coins are overpriced on cryptsy

ever noticed when you look at the order list, its small.. but as soon as you place an order a totally new order (never in list before) jumps ahead of you.
if they think you can make a profit because there is a spread. they will put in an order above yours so they can get that profit before you
Its a lost case. Its very obvious. Cryptsy died and no one is going to transfer out their funds. Cryptsy CEO is smoking blunts and fucks luxuary hookers in the Bahamas with your Moneys.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
December 15, 2015, 08:44:31 PM

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520
December 15, 2015, 08:44:05 PM
Anyone still using Cryptsy is mad, people have been warning about that exchange for months now.  It sounds like it will only be a matter of time. Sad
December 15, 2015, 08:38:34 PM

December 15, 2015, 06:38:09 PM
Cryptsy already turned scam. Say goodbye to your coins and move on.

I think it's because they're out of funds, these exchanges convert the bitcoins to fiat and vice versa and when the price is up they don't want to buy because they will lose money and which is why they hold withdrawals. Exchanges are the biggest scams in Bitcoin world, run one legit for some time, let the bitcoiners think it's trustworthy and when you have enough, make up a story that it was hacked, wait a while then come back with a new name.

The thing is whenever you send bitcoins from your wallet to anywhere, there is no assurance that you will get them back. There are  legit services/exchanges but it's so hard to know which is which.
True. I lost a fortune with Mt Gox. Since i am very sceptic about exchanges.
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
December 15, 2015, 06:35:20 PM

I think it's because they're out of funds, these exchanges convert the bitcoins to fiat and vice versa and when the price is up they don't want to buy because they will lose money and which is why they hold withdrawals. Exchanges are the biggest scams in Bitcoin world, run one legit for some time, let the bitcoiners think it's trustworthy and when you have enough, make up a story that it was hacked, wait a while then come back with a new name.

The thing is whenever you send bitcoins from your wallet to anywhere, there is no assurance that you will get them back. There are  legit services/exchanges but it's so hard to know which is which.
December 15, 2015, 05:15:28 PM
When these bitcoin exchanges freeze withdrawals for long periods of time how do we know they aren't doing this for profit? For example cryptsy right now has withdrawals pending for over two weeks so do to the scare the price of alts have shot up on the marketplace because people are trying to withdraw.
Happened many times before with these Exchanges. i think Cryptsy is lost. The past is repeating.
Activity: 185
December 15, 2015, 04:50:11 PM
If you cannot withdraw Bitcoins from Cryptsy then buy a small test amount of an altcoin and try to withdraw it. Keep trying different coins until you find one that you can withdraw quickly. After you find one then swap your Bitcoins for that altcoin and withdraw to a different exchange where you can sell them for Bitcoins.

You will take a haircut off your Bitcoins but get to withdraw them quickly.
Activity: 154
December 15, 2015, 03:21:34 PM
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
December 15, 2015, 03:19:14 PM
Activity: 540
Merit: 501
chickens and cryptos
December 15, 2015, 03:00:22 PM
good luck if you get your withdrawals , today altcoins  exchanges are a bigger risk then the atlcoins they exchanged.,. i dont even use Cryptsy anymore since they to me are dead..  hate to say this but best if you trade and mine coins that are traded between the few exchanges that are support, exp bitcoins, litecoins ect ect..   
December 15, 2015, 02:41:18 PM
When these bitcoin exchanges freeze withdrawals for long periods of time how do we know they aren't doing this for profit? For example cryptsy right now has withdrawals pending for over two weeks so do to the scare the price of alts have shot up on the marketplace because people are trying to withdraw.
Pages:
Jump to: