Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin failed as a currency - page 97. (Read 7186 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 1
May 13, 2018, 03:18:36 PM
Bitcoin is top in crypto currency and it will ever never fail , as it is volatile as of now but will pick surely in near time .Bitcoin wont fail at any cost.
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
May 13, 2018, 02:49:59 PM
The future can be changed and future of bitcoin too. But there  are a lot other coins and some of them can become leaders of the marketplace
Activity: 640
Merit: 104
May 09, 2018, 12:09:23 AM
I think bitcoin remains as currency because bitcoin is used for online transactions and long-term investments and this is indeed successful, although bitcoin prices are unstable. I think the bitcoin reputation will be more advanced in the future and I call it an asset.
Activity: 131
May 09, 2018, 12:00:01 AM
It is hard to be a currency, one disadvantage that bitcoin encounter is that the objection from governments, as it allows people to perform transaction directly without any control which may benefit for the illegal actions. Besides the number of people using bitcoin as a payment method is a small portion and many people using bitcoin to trade, and not as a currency.
Activity: 91
May 08, 2018, 11:43:00 PM
many factors must be taken by bitcoin, bitcoin is still in development stage. could be a bitcoin in the future can be used as currency.
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
Money Token
May 08, 2018, 11:36:54 PM
IMHO, yes bitcoin is failed as currency but the bright side is , its considered as an asset like gold. Some call bitcoin as gold 3.0 . Bitcoin is outdated compared to new altcoins features in the market today which already solves all the problems of bitcoin. These coins has huge potential to become a currency.  But bitcoin has already rooted , very popular and trusted to many investors. So Its still a very good investment.
Activity: 252
May 08, 2018, 11:27:48 PM
Bitcoin was supposed to be used as a currency, not only a form of investment. However, it's been more successful as a form of investment, a "speculative asset".

Do you guys think that this can change in the long term ?

yes it can be, the failure of bitcoin as currency is seen from the many shortcomings and the absence of which is responsible for bitcoin, but do not be wrong bitcoin can be as an asset like gold, which makes investment as an alternative to get the benefits.
Activity: 294
Merit: 17
May 08, 2018, 11:04:12 PM
If bitcoin is a failed currency it should be accepted by merchants as payment method and it should only be used as investment. Yes bitcoin is more of like investment than currency because that is how you can earn profit from it aside form trading besides converting it to each different national currencies is mostly done than using it as payment method because bitcoin price changes form time to time .
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
May 08, 2018, 11:01:44 PM
Bitcoin was supposed to be used as a currency, not only a form of investment. However, it's been more successful as a form of investment, a "speculative asset".

although bitcoin is struggling because other countries dont accept it. but you really notice why bitcoin is still striving. bitcoin still pumping. its volatile its normal after all Despite all detractors crying “bubble” and “fraud” Bitcoin continues to grow in price and global adoption. i know that nobody can stop bitcoin bitcoin will strive for greatness after all
Activity: 238
Merit: 2
ADAB-First crypto exchange Islamic Crypto exchange
May 08, 2018, 10:59:31 PM

This will depends on what type of payments you want as I can still use bitcoin as a payment for my bills without hassle. Yeah it's not totally adopted due to volatility in value as the price may change at any time. I hope that sooner this will improve and we can see a mass adoption of bitcoin as currency.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 262
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
May 08, 2018, 10:50:12 PM
bitcoin is never really a currency. but the bright side is, bitcoin is now a very profitable digital investment asset.
Activity: 476
Merit: 102
Kuvacash.com
May 08, 2018, 10:46:02 PM
I don't think bitcoin has failed as a currency as it still can be used to pay someone in any part of the world for just a few cents. Yeah the transaction fees got high during the last pump but the devs are trying to fix that with the lightning network and if it becomes a success than expect near free and almost instant transactions.
copper member
Activity: 644
POINTPAY
May 08, 2018, 10:35:44 PM
no, I don't think so bitcoin failed as a currency I still conceder this is the beginning of bitcoin and few countries started using bitcoin as a currency I will take time but it will be stablished as a currency in the future
Activity: 98
May 08, 2018, 10:31:21 PM
That isbjust based on speculation. Bitcoin is still young it has a bright future ahead ot it. It woud not fail because of its unpredictable price drop or rise but when people misunderstand what or how bitcoin works. For instance how other online currency works such as eth which is behind bitcoin.
Activity: 490
May 08, 2018, 10:11:53 PM
I think it's no problem if bitcoin only used as an Investment eventhough bitcoin is created as a crypto currency but indeed most of people use bitcoin as an investment because bitcoin is very promising for Investment.  If In the future will many more countries accept bitcoin as a payment of course bitcoin Will be success as a currency.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
May 08, 2018, 10:04:02 PM

indeed bitcoin is currency but if bitcoin is recognized as currency in society and state government formalize bitcoin as currency, may in the future will be more developed and can be recognized all over the world as currency applicable because bitcoin use development era and technology for access
Activity: 196
May 08, 2018, 09:58:14 PM

No, it isn't failing but it is progressing. It is used as mode of payment for online shopping and even as salary to online jobs now. So how could you say that it is failing my friend. It will reach its ultimate goal in the future.
Activity: 733
May 08, 2018, 09:41:48 PM
I think not because there are some countries that use bitcoin as a legitimate payment tool. Like the United States, Japan and Russia they use bitcoin in the amount of online sale. Bitcoin can be said to be the only currency at this time the number of stores that receive bitcoin as a means of payment is still small. Bitcoin is the digital currency used for means of payment and can be used as an investment asset.
it is not possible if bitcoin to fail. it is an issue made by investors that bitcoin owners to panic and get low prices, so I think now the bitcoin will continue to grow and bitcoin will continue to be one of the potential coins.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 256
May 08, 2018, 09:41:40 PM

I definitely do believe that this extremely volatile price of Bitcoin will change in the long run. By the time, the price reached its peak -- we certainly don't know how much though, perhaps half or a million USD is possible -- the price will somehow reach a certain level of stability. This will be coupled with the fact that by this time the circulating Bitcoins in the world are widely distributed already.
Activity: 420
CAT.EX Exchange
May 08, 2018, 09:30:47 PM
I think not because there are some countries that use bitcoin as a legitimate payment tool. Like the United States, Japan and Russia they use bitcoin in the amount of online sale. Bitcoin can be said to be the only currency at this time the number of stores that receive bitcoin as a means of payment is still small. Bitcoin is the digital currency used for means of payment and can be used as an investment asset.
Pages:
Jump to: