Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Faucets, Are they worth it? - page 2. (Read 7541 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
October 30, 2014, 09:21:23 AM
Let's talk about a real example..
I just spent exactly 3 minutes playing a dice game. I started with FREE faucet from the site (I'm lvl 14 so it's 1436 sats.) Then i played the dice game for exactly 3 mins, that's 180 secs, and i was able to reach the minimum payout: 50k sats.

That's 16.7k sats/min, way more than 500/h !!

And guess what? i can try again because i get 1436 sats to play EVERY 3 mins. Do the maths..

That may be more, but you have more of a chance to lose more than you make.

*On another note
Why did you guys have to revive this thread? Cheesy
Activity: 273
Merit: 250
October 30, 2014, 09:17:06 AM
I just spent exactly 3 minutes playing a dice game. I started with FREE faucet from the site (I'm lvl 14 so it's 1436 sats.) Then i played the dice game for exactly 3 mins, that's 180 secs, and i was able to reach the minimum payout: 50k sats.

And guess what? i can try again because i get 1436 sats to play EVERY 3 mins. Do the maths..

That was just a one time luck, try again and Im sure you won't be that lucky..
Activity: 782
October 30, 2014, 09:15:16 AM

and that's for you. Not everyone's a lvl 14 on that dice site, also maybe someone isn't good at gambling or has bad luck. You can't look at it that way.

Activity: 718
Merit: 500
October 30, 2014, 09:13:19 AM

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
October 30, 2014, 06:55:30 AM
Its not worth my time.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
October 29, 2014, 11:16:18 PM
Depends on how big the faucet is..
October 29, 2014, 10:14:06 AM
Based on my experience, I earn more here on bitcointalk by doing signature campaign (newbie) than in faucets.

I agree with others comments regarding having many referrals on faucets. It would give you better profit.

I also do live in a third country and it is far better for me to earn cents or more per day in front of my PC than doing nothing to gain profit.

By the way, if you have decent job, go to it. If none find one. In my own opinion, do not depend on business on the internet.
October 29, 2014, 06:17:27 AM
Some of them yes, some of them no. So better be good in your research first.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
October 29, 2014, 05:44:14 AM
Faucets are profitable only if have thousands of referrals in your downline. Maybe just the first ones who signed up on Freebitco.in and spread their ref links all around social networks, forums, email, ect. earned something relevant.
Activity: 406
October 29, 2014, 04:30:28 AM
I do not see, where people get to the "many hours you spend on faucets every day" and "it's a waste of time...."

grosminer was talking about getting 750k satoshi in a month, and I was talking about many hours spent on faucet every month.
Where did you get the idea I was talking about "many hours every day"?

If you spend 45 minutes a day (as in your example) on faucet, you are going to spend 22.5 hours a month.

Some People spend 4 hours a day in front of the television = 120 hours a month and it brings in NO money.  Wink

I see what you saying .... tho and I agree with you on your point, but I still think that is productive and better than doing nothing or watching TV.

There are better ways of earning money, but if it's your only income, it's better than nothing. {I live in a country with very high unemployment, so for most, it would be their only income}

Well guess I have to agree on that.
20000 satoshi is not much but is still better than 0, and if that is the best opportunity you have, you should take it and fully utilize it.
legendary
Activity: 938
October 29, 2014, 04:16:49 AM
In the early days, Yes but now it's just a waste of time.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1074
October 29, 2014, 04:13:37 AM
I do not see, where people get to the "many hours you spend on faucets every day" and "it's a waste of time...."

grosminer was talking about getting 750k satoshi in a month, and I was talking about many hours spent on faucet every month.

If you spend 45 minutes a day (as in your example) on faucet, you are going to spend 22.5 hours a month.

Some People spend 4 hours a day in front of the television = 120 hours a month and it brings in NO money.  Wink

I see what you saying .... tho and I agree with you on your point, but I still think that is productive and better than doing nothing or watching TV.

There are better ways of earning money, but if it's your only income, it's better than nothing. {I live in a country with very high unemployment, so for most, it would be their only income}
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205
October 29, 2014, 03:08:12 AM

In the morning, you login once and keep the browser open for the whole day in the background, whilst you do something else. {Tested it on 5 faucets and it took me less than 5 min}

During the day, you go back to your 5 faucets and solve 5 Captchas every hour {Tested 1 min per faucet}

If you do 5 x faucets every hour, 8 times a day, it takes 40 minutes plus the 5 minutes, it took you to login = 45 minutes per day.

The average payout per faucet recently is 500+ per hour. {FreeBitco.in / BitcoinZebra ......}

500 Satoshi x 5 = 2500 Satoshi x 8 = 20 000 Satoshi per day. {+/- 10 cents US per day }

Now let's say, you living in one of the 3rd world countries and your currency is 15 times weaker than the US Dollar { 15 x 0.10 cents = 1.5 }

So if you living in a 1st world country 10 US cents per day will be a waste of time, but when you live in a 3rd world country and your currency is weak against the dollar and you get paid in dollar, it is worth it.

Let's say you keep your earnings for a month and the bitcoin price double. { 10 cents per week x 4 = 40 cents x 2 = 80 cents and then x 15 to convert to your currency = 12 }

This is for one person using the faucet. {If you had 5 tablets, recharged with solar power for every member of the family with it's own sim card and unique address --> 12 x 5 = 60

All of this, from a waste of time faucet.  Grin

See my other idea with faucets here --> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/can-faucets-make-a-difference-pay-it-forward-837383

I like the idea of a third world family in wich every component own his solar-powered tablet..
October 29, 2014, 02:59:16 AM

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1074
October 29, 2014, 02:29:23 AM

In the morning, you login once and keep the browser open for the whole day in the background, whilst you do something else. {Tested it on 5 faucets and it took me less than 5 min}

During the day, you go back to your 5 faucets and solve 5 Captchas every hour {Tested 1 min per faucet}

If you do 5 x faucets every hour, 8 times a day, it takes 40 minutes plus the 5 minutes, it took you to login = 45 minutes per day.

The average payout per faucet recently is 500+ per hour. {FreeBitco.in / BitcoinZebra ......}

500 Satoshi x 5 = 2500 Satoshi x 8 = 20 000 Satoshi per day. {+/- 10 cents US per day }

Now let's say, you living in one of the 3rd world countries and your currency is 15 times weaker than the US Dollar { 15 x 0.10 cents = 1.5 }

So if you living in a 1st world country 10 US cents per day will be a waste of time, but when you live in a 3rd world country and your currency is weak against the dollar and you get paid in dollar, it is worth it.

Let's say you keep your earnings for a month and the bitcoin price double. { 10 cents per week x 4 = 40 cents x 2 = 80 cents and then x 15 to convert to your currency = 12 }

This is for one person using the faucet. {If you had 5 tablets, recharged with solar power for every member of the family with it's own sim card and unique address --> 12 x 5 = 60

All of this, from a waste of time faucet.  Grin

See my other idea with faucets here --> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/can-faucets-make-a-difference-pay-it-forward-837383
October 29, 2014, 12:37:57 AM
I'm using some faucets and even if i don't make a lot, i still get bitcoins from it

There's some  faucets with hi-lo games or dice games so you can try to multiply your winnings
For now, i got exactly 750k sats i made from faucet + tips + dice game in a month.. so that's not bad..(and that's on 1 site only, hint: check sig)

Everyone will says that 750 sats isn't worth a lot of money today, and its a waste of time etc.. but i take the guess that the price is gonna go up soon or later..

True the bitcoin price could go up, but you could also use $5 to buy bitcoin every month, and save the many hours you spent on faucets.
Activity: 188
Merit: 100
October 28, 2014, 08:47:16 PM
Faucets are a waste of time, go find a job and buy BTC directly..
Activity: 782
October 28, 2014, 06:48:09 PM
Are bitcoin faucets worth it?

most faucet sites give you like 2 ubtc, and to make 1 bitcoin it would take a couple thousand
submissions.

who uses faucets? have you made 1 bitcoin?

Do you find it worth it?

Well, where do I start? Faucets, at this time, are used by newbies to get a feeling of BTC, don't expect to profit from it, unless you are very, very, very lucky, a hacker or an owner of a popular faucet.
I've been using faucets for one or two month, and I've only made maybe 2-3$, when BTC had a price of 1000$. So don't even bother.
No, I don't find it worth it because it can take too much time and get you nothing more then dust that you can barely gamble with.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
💰💰💰💰
October 28, 2014, 06:47:11 PM
So do you know any Faucet site which would be worth working on it?
if not, would it be useful to start your our Faucet site?

Thanks, and kind regards,
Here's two useful articles if you're interested in starting your own Bitcoin Faucet:
Introduction to Bitcoin Faucets - Behind the scenes
How to setup a Bitcoin Faucet - Beginners

Might also want to check out our Faucet, paying up to 7000 satoshi Smiley
Bitcoinz Faucet

Oh wow I was looking for something like that thank you for sharing the information mate. If only I can now figure out how I can get google Adsense for my faucet website as well as whether or not adsense is allowed on faucets.
They won’t accept a brand new site in their advertising program since they have strict Terms Of Service about site age and content. If you already have an approved site with Adsense, it’ll be easier to place your faucet on the same account you’re already using for the other site; but you will still have to know their TOS and abide to them if you don’t want to get your account disabled by Google (which often happens to many Faucet sites using Popup/Popunder, annoying advertisements or when the content is inappropriate).
You will also need to implement a privacy policy, ToS and about us page and few other things (everything should be in their ToS tho Smiley )
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205
October 28, 2014, 06:12:07 PM
The only faucet worth something is the one in my signature (the last link)
Pages:
Jump to: