Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin fork worries. - page 3. (Read 1030 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 268
October 04, 2017, 05:36:08 PM
Segwit2x increases Bitcoin's block size, solves the bitcoin scalability problem.
Some users are scared that the fork goes wrong that it will decrease the price.
There are also strong arguments against it that it will centralize the coin.
Because bigger blocks require more power which could lead to less people running full nodes.
So the power comes in hands of big mines/corporations.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 260
1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL
October 04, 2017, 05:23:04 PM
You all know that with the first fork, the price only went up a lot, from $2300 to $3400 in just three days, so why are you afraid of it now? I received some free coins when the fork happened, and i see it as a good thing, so everybody is expecting a succesfull fork in november, because i dont think that anyone doesnt like free money.
Just lets wait until the fork happens.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
October 04, 2017, 05:17:32 PM
You have nothing to worry about. There's nothing to worry about. Just make sure your coins are in awallet that gives you access to private keys. Do not leave your coins in an exchange. Noone knows how the market will react, we are not see the future. Forks happen, just keep calm and relax.

Thanks.

Any info on the second fork though? Something to do with segwit2x. This is the one people think will have big moves in price. Could be an opportunity to buy if the price dips for a while.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
October 04, 2017, 05:07:16 PM
You have nothing to worry about. There's nothing to worry about. Just make sure your coins are in awallet that gives you access to private keys. Do not leave your coins in an exchange. Noone knows how the market will react, we are not see the future. Forks happen, just keep calm and relax.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
October 04, 2017, 04:51:23 PM
Still new to this so i have a couple questions if thats ok. There are supposedly 2 forks coming up in OCT and NOV

Whats the different between these 2 forks?
Why are people more worried about the second one in NOV & Why will that one affect the price more?
Whos in charge of these forks? Bitcoin coders themselves or others?

Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: