Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin forks - page 2. (Read 312 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158
December 07, 2017, 04:45:41 AM
I'm not a hard core bitcoin supporter, but I believe it is a great long term solution for the world.

Why are there so many forks? Will we get to a point where there are 20 - 50 bitcoin variations.

I see that more and more people are refering to Bitcoin Core, in my humble opinion it is the first and only bitcoin.

What's your feeling.

You are not a hardcore bitcoin supporter probably means you are not a bitcoin maximalist. I haven't been on the sub-reddits for sometime and have almost forgotten whats going on with that group. Whether it turns out to be a great solution or not completely depends on whether its going to really open up the investment/ earning / saving opportunities for more and more people. Regulations remain a hurdle for that.

There are so many forks because anybody with enough knowledge of the code is free to do it.

And this is really not the place to get into the Bitcoin vs Bitcoin Cash debate but scaling issues for BTC really need to be solved and that is the most exciting developments we need to look froward too. Bitcoin Core supports Segwit and low block size while the Bitcoin Cash group already has a 8 MB block size. Its going to be interesting to see how well they scale with an increased block size. Whether it really increased centralization or will the hardware for full nodes catch up in time.
For the moment, all these questions stand sidelined as BTC seems to be hurtling unstoppably to 20K.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
December 07, 2017, 04:35:21 AM
Nowadays,it has become a new trend of hard forking bitcoin frequently.

All credit goes to the bitcoin antichrist Roger ver.He was the first to create BCH by hard forking.Later,some miners found it as a new way of getting quick profits.Some miners join together and just hard fork bitcoin creating a new coin such as bitcoin gold,bitcoin diamond,etc.

Nowadays,it seems to be much easier to hard fork bitcoin and create a new coin instead of creating a new altcoin.

Its not good for the reputation of bitcoin and people nowadays have left their attitude of showing huge interests on such forks and air drops.

But bitcoin core remains the true bitcoin and it would remain unchanged.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
December 07, 2017, 04:21:20 AM
I think that forks are no good. They show that original bitcoin has disadvantages. Forks can drop the price of bitcoin or even lead to its death.

If bitcoin has disadvantages, isn't it normal that people go for forks to try to fix and improve cryptocurrency system? I am just trying to understand.
Activity: 448
Merit: 110
December 07, 2017, 04:18:55 AM
The forks are supposed to split bitcoin's block chain in order to fix any of its disadvantages ranging from security loopholes to faster transactions. Unfortunately, most of the forks have been created with the intent of making more money. No loyalty to block chain technology, just making money from forks. That is why the forks quickly loose relevance faster than they came up.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
December 07, 2017, 04:05:24 AM
I think that forks are no good. They show that original bitcoin has disadvantages. Forks can drop the price of bitcoin or even lead to its death.
Activity: 66
Merit: 0
December 07, 2017, 04:03:00 AM

I also do not understand why too many forks are happening and the future possibilities are many more so as to disturb the balance of other coins but bitcoin is bitcoin and this is the first so it will not be replaced
Activity: 96
Merit: 11
Cryptologist
December 07, 2017, 03:44:05 AM
I'm not a hard core bitcoin supporter, but I believe it is a great long term solution for the world.

Why are there so many forks? Will we get to a point where there are 20 - 50 bitcoin variations.

I see that more and more people are refering to Bitcoin Core, in my humble opinion it is the first and only bitcoin.

What's your feeling.

Pages:
Jump to: