Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin forks. Bitcoin family. - page 2. (Read 300 times)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 340
November 23, 2018, 10:46:29 AM
Hardforks are shit .. everytime it's just to make money and money and to improve the protocol so .. bitcoin is still the only bitcoin for me
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292
There is trouble abrewing
November 23, 2018, 10:36:39 AM
if you want to count forks of bitcoin and call them "bitcoin children" then you have to go back to day 1 instead and try counting ALL of them not just the ones that happened recently Cheesy

there was actually a website for it too although i think it has not been updated for a long time. it is called mapofcoins.com and according to that site there has been (up until the last update of the site) 667 altcoins forked from bitcoin.
Activity: 294
Merit: 26
November 23, 2018, 10:18:05 AM
All I see in all these forks are a greedy mind. Instead of concentrating on how to strengthen the network of the bitcoin, Some developers keep finding a way to fork the bitcoin network, thereby creating unnecessary panic in the market. Whoever is interested in getting their own tokens should assemble teams of developers and get one strong altcoin into the market and let it taste the monkey water, instead of cheaply riding on the back on bitcoin.

Forks are part of the evolution of cryptocurrencies. There's nothing wrong with that. Scams everywhere enough. Thanks to an offshoot from Bytecoin, Monero appeared, for example. Bitcoin Cash is also a good currency. All the rest, though part of the fraudulent, but teach us not to make the same mistakes.
Activity: 294
Merit: 26
November 23, 2018, 10:06:15 AM
After the appearance of Bitcoin Cash SV and the hype around it, it became interesting how many children the father has?
I searched the history and the network and drew a map of all forks Bitcoin.
In brackets number of the block on which the branch and date took place. Counted 60 held forks.
An interesting fact is that on some days and on certain blocks there were 4 forks at the same time.
The peak of forks fell at the end of 2017, especially in December.

In addition to the held, there were 8 more failed forks:
Bitcoin Dollar, Bitcoin Metal, Bitcoin Prime, BitcoinHEX, United Bitcoin, Bitcoin All, Bitcoin Air, Bitcoin Origin.

The other day, as there will be time, I will make a similar map for all altcoins. If, of course, you're interested. Wink
Pages:
Jump to: