Pages:
Author

Topic: bitcoin foundation is a very bad idea - page 3. (Read 2858 times)

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
February 20, 2015, 05:55:23 PM
Agreed, long-term they are a serious unresolved issue:
What is the worst thing the Bitcoin Foundation could actually do?
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049
February 20, 2015, 05:54:01 PM
Inspite of all the allegations against bitcoin foundation, I still believe, if there were no bitcoin foudnation, the development of bitcoin core could not be what it is today.

By the way, there are more than one foundation in existence. The Bitcoin Foundation is only the most prominent one.
Activity: 679
Merit: 500
February 20, 2015, 05:51:24 PM
The problem with a bitcoin foundation is that it creates a central point for decision and corruption.
Government will start to legitimize this foundation, as time goes by they will grant  them more and more power backed by actual law.
When the foundation will be the legitimate central point for decision then they will corrupt the director of the foundation and people voting within the foundation, they will pay these guys millions to modify the code as they please.

This is a real threat and the members of the foundation might not even realize this yet while others knows and will take advantage of it

I think the community needs to create multiple foundation to make the current system irrelevant or sign a petition  ( though i doubt much will happen but at least it could be a test to see if they act in the community's interest or not)
Pages:
Jump to: