Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin full nodes with IPv4 and IPv6 - Why most peers are on IPv4? - page 2. (Read 3519 times)

staff
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6793
Just writing some code
There aren't many nodes or people that are using IPv6. It is likely that there are simply not enough IPv6 nodes that can connect to you.
Activity: 179
Merit: 131
I have been running 2 Bitcoin full nodes for a few weeks using 0.11.2 version on Linux. On each node, I set to accept connections on both IPv4 and IPv6.

On the incoming connection, the number of peers connected to my nodes are mostly on IPv4, in the order above 80 peers while only about 3 peers connected on IPv6.

On the outgoing connection, my nodes always connect by itself to 7 different peers on IPv4 but only 1 peer on IPv6. I am using the default maxconnections, which I believe it is 125 connections for both outgoing and incoming connections.

I can force my nodes to connect to IPv6 peers using addnode command, but I am wondering why my nodes does not want to connect to more IPv6 peers by itself and why only a few IPv6 peers connected to them. Do you guys have any idea why this is happening?
Pages:
Jump to: