Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin futures trading - looking for advice - page 2. (Read 201 times)

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1189
Need Campaign Manager?PM on telegram @sujonali1819
Since margin/future trade is very risky as gamble so I always suggest to trade with 5-10℅ of your trading balance in every trade. And always be happy with low leverage. Market is not stable now. So the prediction is very hard this time. Anytime anything can happen. Always should enter in a trade with high confidence.

Activity: 2324
Merit: 454
A $100,000 is good on cross margin in my opinion, and low leverage if you'll play it safe. Bitcoin futures trading might be hard because of high volatility, and so far I only makes profits on scalping it, not day trading, but I guess it depends on what strategy will suit you. If you want, you could also spend some of your funds in stock where it is safer as long as you'll choose good coins for the long run investment.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
I size based on potential loss and confidence.

I normally put no more than 10% potential loss on each trade and ensure my profits will at least cover the loss (most weeks I'm about 75% accurate but in some it can drop to 60 so it's good to be pessimistic).

Confidence drops if my doubt is over. A certain threshold or if I've had a stop get triggered - I'll send tests out at 1% if I have two successive stop triggers normally.
Activity: 38
Merit: 2
Looking for advice from veteran bitcoin futures traders - I assume futures traders attempt to capture short to medium trends in both directions, up and down. Further assume that one can't always be right and will have profit target/exits and stop losses. But how about trade sizing?

Assume you have $100,000. How would you size each trade?
Pages:
Jump to: