Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Gold (BTG) - page 35. (Read 104204 times)

Activity: 158
Merit: 113
November 30, 2017, 08:32:45 AM
(re-posted from my own thread)
I wrote a small tool to convert Bitcoin addresses to Bitcoin Gold ones.

Just enter your Bitcoin address to see the corresponding BTG one, along with a block explorer link to quickly check the balance.
It also works vice-versa, you can convert BTG addresses to BTC too!

SegWit and multisig addresses are not yet supported (requires testing).

It's hosted on GitHub Pages here.
Source code: https://github.com/SopaXorzTaker/gold-address
Uses the bs58check library, by bitcoinjs (MIT).
Activity: 217
Merit: 6
November 30, 2017, 08:03:04 AM
Someone is trying really hard to put BTG down. I wonder who is against decentralization  Roll Eyes

This is very obvious at this point, all the FUD attempts, hacker attacks. That's the kind of decentralization you get with BTC

BTG will survive these attacks and we'll see it at #1 spot in coimarketcap by the end of next year.
Do you think how low btg is gonna go? 0.01??
I bought 377 now price is 270??
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
November 30, 2017, 07:10:20 AM
Someone is trying really hard to put BTG down. I wonder who is against decentralization  Roll Eyes

This is very obvious at this point, all the FUD attempts, hacker attacks. That's the kind of decentralization you get with BTC

BTG will survive these attacks and we'll see it at #1 spot in coimarketcap by the end of next year.
Activity: 217
Merit: 6
November 30, 2017, 07:05:01 AM
BTG hacked again? 17 hour age ; Bitcoin Gold GitHub hacked, main windows wallet steals from users.

I warned you about Bitcoin Gold. Be wary of that project, and the people, like Adam Back, who push it in public.
Activity: 697
Merit: 520
November 30, 2017, 06:37:41 AM
Isn't anyone excited about Bitcoin being decentralized again? Just like Satoshi Nakamoto envisioned. Why aren't Bitcoin purists jumping on board with this project? Taking power away from Bitmain - having lots more small time miners supporting the network all over the world.

Well, I think a lot of people are realizing that miner centralization is not that big of a threat. Between Segwit activation and the $10,000 price, I think it's clear that the miner incentives in Bitcoin are sound. We are also seeing several new mining ventures (Halong, GMO, DMO) expected to come online in the coming months to compete with Bitmain. The market is recognizing that there is demand for non-Bitmain products. And also that with lots of capital, mining is still very profitable.

I get there are other good GPU hashing projects like Monero and Z-Cash. This is the only GPU mining coin with the BITCOIN name. I'm sure people that mine Bitcoin think this is crap but I bet you once this baby is up a running people are going to soak it up all over the world. Especially Japan and Korea.

Am I crazy?

I think there is hype potential, true. Still holding onto my BTG myself. I don't have much faith in the developers. They should really hire some devs and communications people now that they have a top 10 coin (with premine!)....
Activity: 280
Merit: 122
November 30, 2017, 06:06:24 AM
It may lead the trend of bitcoin fork, but i really dont look forward to this coin, the dev team is not sa strong as BCH or the following fork coins like SBTC
Activity: 237
Merit: 0
November 30, 2017, 05:37:11 AM
 it could totally go under 200$
Activity: 31
November 30, 2017, 04:59:27 AM
I'm hoping back down to $120 like it was a few times before. Maybe even lower. Maybe some whales with cold wallets will thaw out and unleash a ton of them. 
Activity: 208
Merit: 11
November 30, 2017, 04:43:39 AM
guys what do you think how low btg is gonna go? 0.01??
Activity: 237
November 30, 2017, 03:45:50 AM
Why do even the few positive posts about BTG have tp be pepperd with little bits of false negative disinformation? Devs can walk away with all the money like a scam ICO? stuff like that ... & for why is the price falling , maybe all the disinformation? And bashing along with a big gamble on the largest holders part to keep the selling pressure up till they buy their & all the sellers coins back? Maybe .... one good point in this last post , BTG has seen few problems compared to BTC in its early days & has enjoyed HUGE volume in comparison..

THIS ....  From btg twitter The premined coins were all locked up as they were mined
It’s important to note that the code which ran the premine was putting all those coins into “locked” wallets, even as they were being mined.
100% of the coins mined during the premine period were mined directly into multi-signature wallets which cannot be disbursed by any one individual, or even a small group. All disbursements must be signed by four of the six core team members.
Further, 60% of those coins were mined into time-locked wallets which cannot be accessed immediately; they become accessible over the course of the next three years.
This, also, is exactly as described in the previously published Bitcoin Gold Roadmap. Rumors at launch time of any developer’s intent to “dump the premine coins” soon after launch were abundant, but completely false and, in fact, quite impossible!
Again, all of this can be independently verified by knowledgeable people who look at the open-source code that ran the premine.
Most of the coins are locked in an Endowment
The great majority of the premine – 95% – was locked up as funds which are best considered an Endowment. Some (35%) was potentially available for use immediately, and 60% was locked up for the future. The purpose of these funds is to support the growth and maintenance of a healthy ecosystem for Bitcoin Gold, but also to support Bitcoin and the crypto-community generally.
There was, understandably, a lot of attention to the 5% of the premine which was earmarked as “Initial reward for core team” in the Roadmap. That represents 5,000 coins used in order to cover all the costs for the team, infrastructure, development and bounties and they were all covered by the core team.
Activity: 31
November 30, 2017, 03:22:54 AM
My humble reasoning for BTG being a good long term investment.

I know most people on this thread are hating on BTG and I agree mostly. However.

1) As far as the pre-mine of coins that everyone hates - it's much like an ICO only nobody has to invest/risk any capital. With ICOs the development team can walk away with all your money just like this project. Yes there were a couple of pre-school mishaps like releasing a wallet with a virus on it and having their git-hub page hacked. That's probably the hardest thing for me to accept. Anyways, many successful projects were ridden with skeptics and foolish mistakes.  

a) Nobody came forward as the creator of Bitcoin
b) Many people hated the first Bitcoin Fork
c) Creator of Dash mined a million coins for themselves before letting others mine.
d) Status ICO crashed Ethereum Network and possible raised too much money. I bought during ICO and everyone was so pissed saying worst ICO in history. They have been doing a great job from the start. It's a pretty large complex project.
e) Ethereum has kind of a Steve Jobs vibe. If this genius kid kicks the bucket it could send some shock waves.

PLUS

2) Isn't anyone excited about Bitcoin being decentralized again? Just like Satoshi Nakamoto envisioned. Why aren't Bitcoin purists jumping on board with this project? Taking power away from Bitmain - having lots more small time miners supporting the network all over the world. I get there are other good GPU hashing projects like Monero and Z-Cash. This is the only GPU mining coin with the BITCOIN name. I'm sure people that mine Bitcoin think this is crap but I bet you once this baby is up a running people are going to soak it up all over the world. Especially Japan and Korea.

Am I crazy?
legendary
Activity: 1499
Merit: 1164
November 30, 2017, 03:01:08 AM
sub
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045
November 30, 2017, 12:30:30 AM
Has this shit crashed yet? Anyone got a list of the exchanges with trading pairs? Any word on POLO? Is Bittrex still the largest exchange it's listed on? Is the chain stable enough for Arbitrage yet?
Bittrex and HitBTC are your best bet, assuming you don't want to trade on Bithumb, which has the largest volume. I have no idea why the Koreans like this coin, but their exchange volume is 5 times Bittrex just on Bithumb.
Activity: 392
Merit: 254
November 29, 2017, 09:05:36 PM
I've split mine and got it on bittrex waiting to sell when the price gets right or I may just hold on to it. Never know what might happen in the crypto world. Grin

mewn soon?
Activity: 139
November 29, 2017, 08:59:19 PM
I've split mine and got it on bittrex waiting to sell when the price gets right or I may just hold on to it. Never know what might happen in the crypto world. Grin
November 29, 2017, 08:49:25 PM
Has this shit crashed yet? Anyone got a list of the exchanges with trading pairs? Any word on POLO? Is Bittrex still the largest exchange it's listed on? Is the chain stable enough for Arbitrage yet?

Is it not yet trading on Bithumb? POLO is a lost cause

Thx, found it on bitthumb. Still don't have an account there. I should have got one when they listed Monero but I thought I heard something about the regulators closing it so stayed away. Price looks high there looks like this thing has some legs? Is the chain still too messed up to ARB though?

I haven't even split mine yet. Just sitting here, waiting for moon.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
November 29, 2017, 08:44:02 PM

Thx, found it on bitthumb. Still don't have an account there. I should have got one when they listed Monero but I thought I heard something about the regulators closing it so stayed away. Price looks high there looks like this thing has some legs? Is the chain still too messed up to ARB though?
November 29, 2017, 08:18:09 PM

Activity: 490
November 29, 2017, 08:00:55 PM
This is the most unsuccessful coin. Many people were waiting for the appearance of Bitcoin Gold and hoped that it would be better than the bitcoin original. But Bitcoin Gold did not live up to the expectations of traders and miners.
Activity: 200
Merit: 101
November 29, 2017, 07:40:45 PM
The idea results a convenient possible tendency. They could review the branding.

They got no idea, GPU/CPU mining got already by years Vertcoin, Groestlcoin and some other
Pages:
Jump to: