Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin gold fork - page 4. (Read 1774 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 252
October 04, 2017, 10:12:19 AM
Do I have to store my Bitcoin in a specific wallet (I might be new, but I'm not stupid enough to send my coin to you ;-) ), or do anything to activate this, or will it happen automatically? (If the fork goes ahead, of course).

You need your coins to be stored in a wallet that you have the private keys to so that once the fork happens, you can use the same private key to gain access to the newly forked Bitcoin gold (or whatever it will be called)
Just make sure not to store your coins in an exchange like Coinbase because you don't have access to the private keys of your wallet and eventually won't be able to claim your Bitcoin gold.
Activity: 202
Merit: 100
October 04, 2017, 09:55:17 AM
Hello,
I am a relatively new investor in Bitcoin, and recently I have been reading about a fork to Bitcoin gold. My understanding is that everyone who owns Bitcoin receives the equivalent number of coins in the forked currency, once the fork takes place. Is this correct?

Do I have to store my Bitcoin in a specific wallet (I might be new, but I'm not stupid enough to send my coin to you ;-) ), or do anything to activate this, or will it happen automatically? (If the fork goes ahead, of course).

Thanks for any advice.
A lot of people expect this to happen because they can get extra BTC and I'm waiting for that to happen.

Not Extra BTC, but another dividend or Altcoin in circulation and I think you will receive a free Altcoins or BTG that you can surely trade prior to it's legalization and BTG is the first real Bitcoin dividend-coin because unlike Bcash and Segwit2X, BTG is friendly to Bitcoin they surely inform uninformed investor that it is another Altcoin in succession not like Bitcoin Cash or segwit2x that claiming the bitcoin name.

I really do not like this even though I can get another BTC in another form, but it would have a big impact on the BTC that could be a negative and that made me nervous.
It can be said that it is trying to eat according to the successor to create value for themselves.  The abuse of hard fork makes the crypto market so dilute.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
October 04, 2017, 09:23:00 AM
Hello,
I am a relatively new investor in Bitcoin, and recently I have been reading about a fork to Bitcoin gold. My understanding is that everyone who owns Bitcoin receives the equivalent number of coins in the forked currency, once the fork takes place. Is this correct?

Thanks for any advice.
A lot of people expect this to happen because they can get extra BTC and I'm waiting for that to happen.

Not Extra BTC, but another dividend or Altcoin in circulation and I think you will receive a free Altcoins or BTG that you can surely trade prior to it's legalization and BTG is the first real Bitcoin dividend-coin because unlike Bcash and Segwit2X, BTG is friendly to Bitcoin they surely inform uninformed investor that it is another Altcoin in succession not like Bitcoin Cash or segwit2x that claiming the bitcoin name.
Activity: 420
Merit: 102
October 04, 2017, 09:10:44 AM
It's a pointless fork where they don't even have a clear idea,they are forkin just for the sake of it,anyway free money for us I guess.
Electrum wallet (electrum.org) is a good choice to store your Bitcoins and later claim the btg when it's gets forked
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
October 04, 2017, 09:09:23 AM
Same situation as with Bitcoin fork before - you ll get new currency for free
Activity: 87
Merit: 100
October 04, 2017, 09:08:27 AM
Hello,

Thanks for any advice.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
October 04, 2017, 08:57:13 AM
Hello,

Thanks for any advice.
Pages:
Jump to: