Pages:
Author

Topic: ₿ Bitcoin Halving Attracts World Attention - page 2. (Read 1132 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 43
yeah I agree with you! it's not only made curious to crypto involved peoples but also draw attention to the who is not even involved here.So it's a positive sign.This might help to bring more people in crypto space.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
Yes, we are almost there, less than 24 hours from now and we are all going to witnessed the halving. And so it really attracts the attention of not just bitcoiners, but I guess no-coiners will be interested as well because for sure they will have something negative to say about this event.

Regarding the price, we really don't know where it is heading, we have touch $10k already, but it was just short and I will say sweet. But what's more interesting is that how and where are the price are going to be, post-halving. Others set sights and looking above 5 digits, in the boundaries of $12k-$15k, but there are minorities who see the price going on $7.5k  So let's see how it goes tomorrow or a week after the halving.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 138
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
We can't deny it and it is really hot, and even in the forum, you can see a lot of topics mentioning about halving. Maybe it was just because people are so much excited to see what would be the price during the event and see how it affects the market trends after. People are thinking about the same scenario with the halvings before and they are somewhat anticipating the market that is why we could see the price slightly moving high. But unfortunately, we are not that strong enough to push the market straight high. Then it was to expect that no Bullrun during this coming halving but can't disclose any possibility months or years after.

I agree with that, my colleague who is not a crypto user suddenly asked me how to invest in crypto. But I told her, there's so much things to know before she can really invest on bitcoin. I don't want her to jump on an investment she is not familiar with. But will try my best to educate her about crypto and bitcoin. This is the reason of price pump way back in 2017, those people who bought bitcoin even without the knowledge on the risks involved. And blame bitcoin as fraud when the price went down.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
This halving event will certainly have an impact on the price of Bitcoin. Many predict the price of Bitcoin by the end of 2020 will reach $15,000 USD to $20,000

Its FUD because many predict also it will crash again before going to $15,000 or $20,000 level again.
It will take not end of this year but next couple years.
Noone knows that, halving will be priced in sooner or later but noone knows how much and when.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
Im truly hype in to what might happen during the halving especially with its the day after tomorrow. The question is are we going to see huge fireworks because yesterday the expected dump before the halving happened. So are we going to see a huge run towards the $20,000 level or are we going to see a continuation to the dump.
Whatever it is, an imminent move will surely happen in the Cryptocurrency market during or after the halving.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 549
Rollbit

Have you seen google?
Nope: Nope. I was just kidding.   Cheesy

I was checking on Google after seeing that photo, didn't noticed the message below lol.

It is indeed catching a lot of attention, because some of my co-workers who has no knowledge about cryptocurrency asks me about the Bitcoin block halving. I dunno what makes them interested or what was the person who they've been talking to told them. One thing is for sure, they are all seeking to become rich quickly as possible. Just like some of us when we first came in crypto space, but everything's change when we slowly understand the use of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 518
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
We can't deny it and it is really hot, and even in the forum, you can see a lot of topics mentioning about halving. Maybe it was just because people are so much excited to see what would be the price during the event and see how it affects the market trends after. People are thinking about the same scenario with the halvings before and they are somewhat anticipating the market that is why we could see the price slightly moving high. But unfortunately, we are not that strong enough to push the market straight high. Then it was to expect that no Bullrun during this coming halving but can't disclose any possibility months or years after.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 129
bitcoin trended a couple of days last week and this is due to rising media attention especially when the price hit 10k. This week is crucial also and even though the price has fall alot again but hopefully the media attention become positive influence on the price
Activity: 3038
Merit: 969
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
This isn't surprising at all since the entire crypto community was aware of this event and have been waiting from a long time, but the price is lower than expected currently and COVID might be the reason behind it.

I was expecting BTC to reach $13K before halving and proceed to reach $20K after halving, but the entire COVID situation makes $10K before halving and $13K after halving more realistic in my opinion.

All the altcoins will follow a similar pattern most likely just like in recent times. Lets see if my predictions turn out to be true.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103
It's going to increase even more, but expect it to be a bumpy ride thanks to Wall Street's involvement. In 2013 You couldn't even set up shorts like you can now and futures weren't a thing so the market was moving at a faster pace as it was all regulated by supply and demand. Now it's all about fleecing the sheep who come in with dollar signs in their eyes, thinking they'll put in $10k , put in max leverage and in a month exit with a million dollars. Those people are the ones getting wrecked now and this is going to happen again. In a few weeks there's going to be a similar pump to 10k or maybe 12k if we're lucky, and then it goes down 2k in 5m, you'll see.

Isn't the ability to short the market actually making it less volatile? If you can't short it and don't have futures, then you can only buy and sell it, so when it's on the rise your only bet is to keep buying to try to sell near the top, which makes the market prone to bubbles. And as for Wall Street, we don't know just how much they are involved with Bitcoin, but my guess that if they do, they do in mainly via the OTC markets.

IMO the ability to short Bitcoin, especially without buying Bitcoin (futures) made it much more volatile. Nowadays people can do the trick that is not allowed on traditional markets which is making additional money on wash trading. If you have a lot of money (like 50 million USD or something like that) you can set it up so that your own or your partner's exchange puts clien's money on the market and creates a fake panic while you enter a short position on futures. If done right this can make you earn millions in just 1 day and be able to take care of all your wash trading losses with those profits and still have a few million left to play with.
I suspect that it was done on March 12 and Today.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007
Degen in the Space
Even in local news, bitcoin was the content because of halving.
I always seeing ads and promotional video that uses the term bitcoin halving to attract many users. I think that is the reason why other people are now curious and wanted to invest in bitcoin. Many people ask me how to invest in bitcoin but I only reply not to invest now because it's very late and halving is almost 1 day left. It will be a waste of money because we are not sure if it will have a good surge.
This is the moment for them to take the chance of halving, so if you know someone who was interested in bitcoin and he / she wasn't familiar with it, better help and don't let him invest in any HYIP or Ponzi schemes. Social media networks are one of the targets of some crypto companies that are searching for any investors on their site.

Even an old friend who lost her BTC after login to a phishing website is trying to buy BTC yesterday. She must have subscribed to a news site where BTC was featured since she PM me with the link of halving.  Quite a media exposure and I'm more are going to be buying back to profit in crypto.
It's very risky to buy bitcoin during the mid-year period , particularly when the halving is already close, there are a lot of unforeseeable moments so I hope he won't regret it if there's a massive drop in BTC 's price where he can purchase more.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597
~

~
This is exactly why I always say the real halving price will be shown only about 1 year post halving, but I've never seen a chart about it. It's just a feeling I have probably since I've been through the 2016 halving.

$100k would be insane though if that's where we're headed. If only everything somehow gets back to normal so all investors & hodlers could have fun with their returns.
Activity: 312
Merit: 109
arcs-chain.com
I always seeing ads and promotional video that uses the term bitcoin halving to attract many users. I think that is the reason why other people are now curious and wanted to invest in bitcoin. Many people ask me how to invest in bitcoin but I only reply not to invest now because it's very late and halving is almost 1 day left. It will be a waste of money because we are not sure if it will have a good surge.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145
It's going to increase even more, but expect it to be a bumpy ride thanks to Wall Street's involvement. In 2013 You couldn't even set up shorts like you can now and futures weren't a thing so the market was moving at a faster pace as it was all regulated by supply and demand. Now it's all about fleecing the sheep who come in with dollar signs in their eyes, thinking they'll put in $10k , put in max leverage and in a month exit with a million dollars. Those people are the ones getting wrecked now and this is going to happen again. In a few weeks there's going to be a similar pump to 10k or maybe 12k if we're lucky, and then it goes down 2k in 5m, you'll see.

Isn't the ability to short the market actually making it less volatile? If you can't short it and don't have futures, then you can only buy and sell it, so when it's on the rise your only bet is to keep buying to try to sell near the top, which makes the market prone to bubbles. And as for Wall Street, we don't know just how much they are involved with Bitcoin, but my guess that if they do, they do in mainly via the OTC markets.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 612
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

Even an old friend who lost her BTC after login to a phishing website is trying to buy BTC yesterday. She must have subscribed to a news site where BTC was featured since she PM me with the link of halving.  Quite a media exposure and I'm more are going to be buying back to profit in crypto.

Have you seen google?

Nope: Nope. I was just kidding.   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103
copper member
Activity: 1204
Merit: 737
✅ Need Campaign Manager? TG > @TalkStar675
Worldwide crypto users are eagerly waiting to see the effect of upcoming halving and last two weeks was enough dramatic with price bump & dump. From last bitcoin halving experiences we can say that bitcoin price growth will follow the uptrend rather than staying sticky on a common price zone. Although its quite hard to make guaranteed prediction about bitcoin's futur  price but we can expect something positive. For now i think 10k is the most toughest price zone for bitcoin because whenever it touches 10k price starts to get down due to massive amount of sell or market manipulation.

Its pretty much interesting to see that a huge number of crypto enthusiasts are well notified about bitcoin halving which is actually knocking at the door. Specially crypto related blogs and media's are trying their level best to inform worldwide crypto communities about it. Due to massive media releases this halving is drawing lots of guys attention where some have already bought their necessary amounts to make estimated profits in the future.

In a situation like this market can give handsome profits to many investors but chances of losses is not so tiny too. Lets see what happens in the upcoming days. Smiley                        
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292
There is trouble abrewing
whenever bitcoin makes a move it always makes the media go crazy about it and give it a lot of free advertisement. that move usually is price-wise and sometimes the different countries that adopt bitcoin as a legal currency. so it is understandable that such a significant event such as halving that is THE factor that sets bitcoin supply apart from any other currency in the world since it is limited instead of being unlimited like others.
as for price i think it is well within the realm of possibilities that price sets a new ATH by the end of this year.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
The google trend chart is logical, since the event is periodical, and thus attracts way more attention around the time when the events take place, being pretty flat the rest of the time.

An interesting comparison is that of contrasting the searches for 'Bitcoin' against 'Bitcoin halving'. Unfortunately, the former drowns the latter on the chart (as expected) so we can’t really see anything meaningful.

Nevertheless, charting each term on a separate window, and extending the period to a 5 year window, we can compare, in relative terms, the searches for both terms both in the days running up to the current halving, and that of four days ago:

Bitcoin Halving: https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today%205-y&q=Bitcoin%20Halving
Bitcoin: https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today%205-y&q=Bitcoin

Taking as a reference the 9th of July 2016 and today:
-   'Bitcoin' search term has gone from 3 points to 18 points currently.
-   'Bitcoin Halving' search term has gone from 17 points to 100 points currently.

Both charts are on different scales, so that cannot be compared when viewed independently as above, but the ratios can be compared. While the searches for 'Bitcoin' are 6 fold between halving dates, the searches for 'Bitcoin halving' is basically also x6, leading me to infer that the Bitcoin Halving is just as popular now between the Bitcoin community (including casuals) as it was back in the previous halving. What we do have now is a way larger community (thus the interest has gone x6).

All the above yada yada yada subject the fact that Google Trends displays information in relative terms, not absolute terms (i.e. compared to all internet searches of any term, and then relativized to 100 on the best ratio between searched term vs all searches at a given point in time).
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
Bitcoin halving is definitely an awaited event for long term holders. Because if you look at the history of bitcoin, you will see that the price has increased exponentially after each halving. So far we have seen two halving events and the upcoming one is the third one we are going to witness. The below picture illustrates the previous two halvings very well,

So it is no surprise that the interest around this halving is increasing among the mass which is directly reflecting in the google trends report.
Pages:
Jump to: